Is "Battle for Azeroth" a filler story?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Is "Battle for Azeroth" a filler story?

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
1 month ago#1
Is "Battle for Azeroth" a filler story? - Results (69 votes)
Yes.
65.22% (45 votes)
No.
34.78% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Of course we can't know without having the details. But if you were to guess, is the story of this expansion a piece of filler between Legion and the inevitable Old God expansion? Or is this expansion the Old God expansion?

What do you think?
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
1 month ago#2
No, its mop all over again.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
1 month ago#3
Considering we'll be getting Azshara and stuff, I doubt it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#4
It's about as much "filler" as Burning Crusade was.

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
1 month ago#5
Everything that doesn’t scream APOCALYYYYPSE in all caps is “filler” to some of you people.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
1 month ago#6
Mr_Biscuit posted...
Everything that doesn’t scream APOCALYYYYPSE in all caps is “filler” to some of you people.

I bow down to your intellectual superiority.
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
1 month ago#7
Kompis_Kanin posted...
Mr_Biscuit posted...

I bow down to your intellectual superiority.

It’s not intellectual superiority, it’s understanding that a story dialing back to a lower gear every so often doesn’t make it filler.

I think we WILL see Old God stuff here and plenty of it, but constantly jumping from doomsday to doomsday with no subtlety is a good way to cheapen all your villains.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: AllGodsDie

AllGodsDie
1 month ago#8
Its looking to set up a new set of events and big bads if that is what you mean by filler. I wouldn't call progressive story content filler though, filler usually has no value to the plot and can be completely ignored without causing the viewer/reader to fill lost.
Steam/PSN-Allgodsdie

User Info: monkeysample

monkeysample
1 month ago#9
Seeing as they're creating the stories for each expansion as they go, technically none of the stories/xpacs are filler, even the ones you consider to be weaker. It's all canon, and, obviously, connected.

I like BfA because, unlike Legion, we have no idea where the story could go. It's like a blank canvas. With Legion, even though I enjoy it, we knew what we were getting into as soon as it was announced. We knew where we were going and what we had to do.

User Info: CellBlock7

CellBlock7
1 month ago#10
No, it's the final expansion. The final raid won't actually be a boss fight at all, but instead an instanced battle between horde and alliance players.

It can't be "won" though. Once one side is down to their final player a cut scene starts where we (and our faction leaders, probably Thrall as well just because) think back on all the major threats to our homelands we conquered together.

Then everyone holds hands and starts mixed race breeding all over the battle field. Azeroth belongs to us all now. There will never again be any war.

Real answer....it's not a filler, but more of a setup expansion. It'll probably have us fighting for territory the entire expansion before some big bad reveals himself and we're forced to work together again to save ourselves. Then some even bigger threat will be revealed which leads into the next expansion.
***2016 NCAA Football Underdog Picks Contest Champion!!***Tom & Dan BDM 4 Life
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Is "Battle for Azeroth" a filler story?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived