Vanilla WoW Vs Retail WoW vs misc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Vanilla WoW Vs Retail WoW vs misc

User Info: Izzythewinner

Izzythewinner
4 weeks ago#1
Which person are you? - Results (178 votes)
Rose Tinted Glasses (make mmos great again!) "Vanilla server community"
30.34% (54 votes)
Spoon-fed/casual (fast leveling! instant gradification) "Retail server community"
9.55% (17 votes)
Normal person (whatever TC.... I like both and accept them for what they are.)
42.7% (76 votes)
Burned out person (Im sick of mmos. no one is ever happy. the genre is dead.)
17.42% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Time to approach the big book. being on the side of classic wow, im going to try my best to subvert my bias here.

If you perfer classic wow, you are instantly denoted as a prescriber to wearing "rose tinted glasses".

and on the flipside,

if you perfer Retail wow, or really any mmo or patch after 2011ish, you are known to them as a "Casual" or "spoonfed baby".

Why is it that neither side can get along between these types of of servers? does it really anger retail WoW community so much that classic fans are finally getting a very small slice of the pie?

and why does it upset classic so much that even despite retail get everything they ever wanted, but still complain even after getting a game that doesn't seem to have an end? (that may sound a tad bit bias, but its pretty true.)

im going to be giving retail a chance again when BFA comes out, but probably will focus more on classic, if that comes out first, but im thinking it will be way after BFA.
World of Warcraft Classic Servers.
It's a brave new world. I couldn't be any happier.

User Info: ImmortalityV

ImmortalityV
4 weeks ago#2
Normal person, I will enjoy playing both.
--------------------------------------------------
*Proud Social Justice Warrior*

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
4 weeks ago#3
Normal person, but not planning to play classic. I hated EQ, didn't start playing WoW until late in BC.

I don't really see anything about a poorly-balanced, archaic MMO that makes it worth my time. I've already played most of it.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
4 weeks ago#4
Normal Person. Going to play both, but at a 70/30 split.

User Info: NowhereMan87

NowhereMan87
4 weeks ago#5
Normal person who sees that modern WoW is horrible.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
4 weeks ago#6
I enjoy both, but I went with the first option.
I'm so excited for Vanilla it doesn't even make sense. I'm just hoping that I don't like it as much as I did back then so I can continue to have a life.

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
4 weeks ago#7
I think everyone should enjoy what they like. They want to play classic? Let them play classic and the other people will play their own things.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#8
Burnt out for the most part. I haven't played MMORPG's in any noteworthy capacity in years, and although I'm looking forward to classic WoW again I don't know how long I'll actually stay on it. In worst case a few months, and in best case scenario it will hook me back onto modern WoW on the side since I'd already be paying the subscription anyway.

edit:
Why is it that neither side can get along between these types of of servers? does it really anger retail WoW community so much that classic fans are finally getting a very small slice of the pie?

It's like a micro-environment of console fanboyism. I'm optimistic to say it's routine GameFAQs trolling since someone being genuinely infuriated by someone playing a different game version than them is way too petty for me to conceptualize.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
4 weeks ago#9
Ultimate_Noob posted...
Burnt out for the most part. I haven't played MMORPG's in any noteworthy capacity in years, and although I'm looking forward to classic WoW again I don't know how long I'll actually stay on it. In worst case a few months, and in best case scenario it will hook me back onto modern WoW on the side since I'd already be paying the subscription anyway.

edit:

It's like a micro-environment of console fanboyism. I'm optimistic to say it's routine GameFAQs trolling since someone being genuinely infuriated by someone playing a different game version than them is way too petty for me to conceptualize.

It's a case of "Told you so!" for them. Casuals threw tantrums to Blizzard every step of the way, since Vanilla. Now the real players are getting real content back, and they're all pissy.

Hell, they sort of have a right. I already have 28 people from my raiding guilds that are either coming back, or quitting retail WoW for Classic. So the casuals are losing some of their skilled carry members.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: Reinney

Reinney
4 weeks ago#10
WaffIeElite posted...
It's a case of "Told you so!" for them. Casuals threw tantrums to Blizzard every step of the way, since Vanilla. Now the real players are getting real content back, and they're all pissy.

Hell, they sort of have a right. I already have 28 people from my raiding guilds that are either coming back, or quitting retail WoW for Classic. So the casuals are losing some of their skilled carry members.

BS. No hardcore MMO player would be touching ANY iteration of WoW.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Vanilla WoW Vs Retail WoW vs misc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived