New player help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Brin_bo

Brin_bo
1 month ago#1
Hey all, this isn’t for me.

My friend has literally just made his first toon, I’ve played a small bit before (level 82) but I’m broke after buying a bunch of heirlooms for my next guy (a badass troll shaman) so if anyone on defiant brotherhood U.K. server on the horde side who happen to have a spare 1-100 gold that wouldn’t mind sending “Haddax” an anonymous message in the post it would blow his mind (been trying to convince him to play for AGES, I really want the game to stick for once)

Cheers in advance guys
Dark souls 2 \[T]/ Praise The Sun!
Pokemon Omega Ruby. FC: 0318-8324-3481

User Info: TruCrypt

TruCrypt
1 month ago#2
Imagine begging for gold in retail WoW in 2017.
Computer stats in my sig: GTX460, i5 4690K, 8GB of ram

Brin_bo
1 month ago#3
TruCrypt posted...

Sorry bro, didn’t realise it was so out of order to try and get my mate who’s a new player a slight bonus to make his first experience of the game enjoyable, f***ing gamefaqs mate full of neck beard losers who think they’re better than people over the keyboard, get a life mate

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
1 month ago#4
Sigh, I don't think he was insulting you. He was just trying to say that it's really easy to make gold nowadays.

Even if you're a new player, head to town for trade chat. You'll see people giving out 1000 gold for signing their guild charters. Use a Blingtron 6k (daily) and it drops trash items worth 200 gold. Or if you have Legion purchased, take any class to 70 (DK starts at 58). This will allow you to make Demon Hunter - starting at 98 and reaches 100 once you're done with intro. As 100, you can farm any old raid for thousands of gold. It also comes with a free level boost which you can use for a second level 100.

You don't have to play with those level 100's because I understand if you want to experience everything from scratch, but like I said, just use them to run old raids for gold. It helps with purchasing mount speeds and storage bags. The point is, there are countless options now to make gold as a newcomer.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: maxamos262

maxamos262
1 month ago#5
Brin_bo posted...
TruCrypt posted...

Sorry bro, didn’t realise it was so out of order to try and get my mate who’s a new player a slight bonus to make his first experience of the game enjoyable, f***ing gamefaqs mate full of neck beard losers who think they’re better than people over the keyboard, get a life mate

Well, this will definitely help your chances of people wanting to help you now! Nailed it!
FFBE Global: Onion Knight 1k+ ATK / Orlandeau 1k+ ATK / Tidus 1k+ ATK / ID: 983,376,155 / Player Name: Corvus

User Info: GreatHammurabi

GreatHammurabi
1 month ago#6
Brin_bo posted...

This is a good step to getting what you want.

Or, you could not be a cheap ass and spend $20 extra dollars to get about 1800 times the amount of gold you're asking for. Hell, you could even anonymously send him the gold from a random level 1 character with a message that would blow his mind, like you said.

If not, just keep insulting the people you're asking for help from. I'm sure that'll work too.
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
Friend Safari: Dewgong, Sneasel, Delibird - In Game Name: Andrew

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
1 month ago#7
You should have a free Boost with the current expansion. Quests give a ridiculous amount of gold now and eventually you'll unlock missions that can be really good gold gainers.

Always best to do the boost first and get a max level ASAP so they can feed your characters gold.

You're being very defensive and aggressive on a message board, but really you're wasting the time of 90% of people that want to help others by asking something like this on a message board.

Everyone that wants to help has to open your topic and read what you said to determine that they aren't on your server.

A tip anyways, stay away from the Heirlooms/AH until max level. I think Blizzard messed up on Heirlooms by allowing underleveled players to buy them.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

Brin_bo
4 weeks ago#8
WoodenRook posted...
You should have a free Boost with the current expansion. Quests give a ridiculous amount of gold now and eventually you'll unlock missions that can be really good gold gainers.

Always best to do the boost first and get a max level ASAP so they can feed your characters gold.

You're being very defensive and aggressive on a message board, but really you're wasting the time of 90% of people that want to help others by asking something like this on a message board.

Everyone that wants to help has to open your topic and read what you said to determine that they aren't on your server.

A tip anyways, stay away from the Heirlooms/AH until max level. I think Blizzard messed up on Heirlooms by allowing underleveled players to buy them.

Yeah sorry man I know I was being aggressive my grandad had just died the night before and was trying to help my mate and i just got mega annoyed with the negativity, which naturally I just increased 😂 cheers for the solid advice I appreciate it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived