Anyway to lose some lag

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Anyway to lose some lag

User Info: mgs_4life5150

mgs_4life5150
3 weeks ago#1
I have a computer that up to a few months ago played wow perfectly and now its a laggy mess i cant even make a new toon on an almost empty server with out taking 2 steps and waiting 10 secs for it to catch up.

Is there anything i can do or any work arounds i can use like the one that removed all the dalaran and login wait time to nothing, that will temporarily speed up my computer till my new one gets here in a few days?

I thought it might have been a problem on blizzards side and they did actually fix some of it but the rest has to be my side got awesome internet so its not that and i really have the wow itch and i need it scratched so any helpful hints would be appreciated. Doesnt even have to be a long time fix like i said my new 1 should be here by Thursday but i want it now lol
NOT REMOVING UNTIL MGS staring the boss is released
MG Meryl would be cool too as long as there is NO akiba. Offical Harley Quinn of injustice 2

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
3 weeks ago#2
Install and run malware bytes and remove the dust from inside your computer.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

mgs_4life5150
3 weeks ago#3
Cool ill try that thanks
MG Meryl would be cool too as long as there is NO akiba. Offical Harley Quinn of injustice 2

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 weeks ago#4
Sometimes it's not software... When's the last time you dusted out your PC? Also, search Defrag in the start menu and do that.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

mgs_4life5150
3 weeks ago#5
WoodenRook posted...
Sometimes it's not software... When's the last time you dusted out your PC? Also, search Defrag in the start menu and do that.

The night it slowed down i dusted it and i forgot all about defraging ill do that after this dudes malware thing

User Info: monkeysample

monkeysample
3 weeks ago#6
Lag usually isn't an indicator of hardware or software issues - but network issues. If by lag you mean true lag and not stutter and frame rate issues, then I would check your latency and network settings both in WoW and on your computer. There are a few network settings in WoW that may cause this issue. Try messing around with them if you haven't already.

Also something to try: there's an off-chance it COULD be hardware related, so as WoW is running, alt-tab-delete out and open task manager and check your cpu, gpu, ram and hard drive usage to make sure nothing is out of wack. If you find that something is unusually high, then you might've found the cause. Even a 90+% hard drive usage will cause games to stutter, I've had this issue before.

If it's neither of the above, then I would do what a poster above said and run a virus scan and/or malware bytes.

mgs_4life5150
3 weeks ago#7
If it is a hardware issue i havr to wait on my new one but so far on my low levels its working fine thanks to the other twos recommendations if i cant get on a max level ill try out your stuff lol thanks to all of you
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Anyway to lose some lag

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived