Would you want an expansion about fighting The Light?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Would you want an expansion about fighting The Light?

User Info: RushMkIII

RushMkIII
1 month ago#71
Can someone point me to where in the OP is says something to the effect of "hey is there a not-convincingly-reluctant-zealot who could weigh in on this in a bizarre fashion?"

All I'm saying is, as someone who has probably played a lot of WoW and posts lengthy, condescending, combatative, posts on Internet forums, I feel safe saying they are susceptible to devoting a lot of energy to things that are ultimately a pretty big waste of time.
fight fight fight fight HOLD ON MARIO PARTY TIME! - J Koch

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
1 month ago#72
Similar to last time, two days of peace go by before the trolls want attention again. Is there some religious or union requirement that you trolls need to wait exactly 2 days in before further wasting my time?

redundancies posted...
shamfuru posted...
Very little was adopted by Tolkien, he was a Classics professor as a day job. Just enough to appeal to European sensibility by appearing mythical. The rest is all there to be a very specific and yet hidden reference to metaphysical reality.

Every single one of his races was based on a race from European folklore. And not just names, but appearance, mannerisms, etc.

That shows a severe ignorance of what you are talking about. I explained this already.

I will not spend another week of misery dealing with your sophistry and delusion that repeatedly saying falsehood with change reality.

You did remind me that I forgot to remove your messages from my view. In fact I totally forgot you existed, I will not thank you for ruining that enjoyable streak.

RushMkIII posted...
Can someone point me to where in the OP is says something to the effect of "hey is there a not-convincingly-reluctant-zealot who could weigh in on this in a bizarre fashion?"

All I'm saying is, as someone who has probably played a lot of WoW and posts lengthy, condescending, combatative, posts on Internet forums, I feel safe saying they are susceptible to devoting a lot of energy to things that are ultimately a pretty big waste of time.

This is called despair. You are trying to project your own faults onto others because you erroneously believe that will absolve you.

Your sneering will do no such thing.

On top of that, you seem to think attacking me will make the truth go away. Sometimes it takes the form of actually attempting to kill anyone that dares "disturb your conscience" with the truth. I imagine given enough time you will resort to such evil out of despiration.

You have a pm.
Remove the cancer, take back your souls

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#73
shamfuru posted...
Similar to last time, two days of peace go by before the trolls want attention again. Is there some religious or union requirement that you trolls need to wait exactly 2 days in before further wasting my time?

Er...you know we just came off a weekend, right? I'd imagine people post during the weekdays as weekends tend to be busier.

shamfuru posted...
That shows a severe ignorance of what you are talking about. I explained this already.

What ignorance? Tolkien absolutely used fantasy races as they were in folklore:

About the goblins of The Hobbit, Tolkien wrote:

They are not based on direct experience of mine; but owe, I suppose, a good deal to the goblin tradition ... especially as it appears in George MacDonald, except for the soft feet which I never believed in.

Or are you saying the creatures of folklore are also real?

RushMkIII
1 month ago#74
My conscience is quite undisturbed. I think you might be the one doing a bit of projecting. You are the one imagining I would kill someone for telling me what you hold as "the truth." I wasn't attacking you because I want to discredit you, you do that job very well with no interference. I was attacking you because I thought it would be funny. I'm engaging with you on the same level I would engage with someone arguing that the Earth is flat.

shamfuru
1 month ago#75
RushMkIII posted...
My conscience is quite undisturbed. I think you might be the one doing a bit of projecting. You are the one imagining I would kill someone for telling me what you hold as "the truth." I wasn't attacking you because I want to discredit you, you do that job very well with no interference. I was attacking you because I thought it would be funny. I'm engaging with you on the same level I would engage with someone arguing that the Earth is flat.

The quote I sent you in your pm was about how people sneer when virtue makes their vice uncomfortable. You are engaging me like a child, you cannot address me so you just try to mock me poorly in the hopes I give in. That might have worked in university where preschoolers hang out, but not with me.

As for your sneering at the truth, let me give another quote:
Roger Scruton says...
"A writer who says that there are no truths, or that all truth is ‘merely relative,’ is asking you not to believe him. So don’t."

So you are sneering now, and when you realize I have hurt your ego even more by further refuting you you will become more-and-more beligerent. Eventually that will turn into you becoming actively hostile.

RushMkIII
4 weeks ago#76
Wait, which of my vices are you making uncomfortable? And why do you think that I claimed there are no truths? I think there are plenty of truths, just that yours is a lie.

You're really getting a lot wrong with my position. First off, I really hope you don't give in, I mock you because I find it fun, not because I'm naive enough to change your mind on a subject you've likely been fed since before you have memories. And I'm pretty sure I've been actively hostile to you since literally my first post in this thread. I hope you find this fun too, and I suspect that you do.

The one thing you did get partly right is that I am engaging with you like you're a child. I don't take almost anything children say seriously either.

shamfuru
4 weeks ago#77
RushMkIII posted...
Wait, which of my vices are you making uncomfortable? And why do you think that I claimed there are no truths? I think there are plenty of truths, just that yours is a lie.

You're really getting a lot wrong with my position. First off, I really hope you don't give in, I mock you because I find it fun, not because I'm naive enough to change your mind on a subject you've likely been fed since before you have memories. And I'm pretty sure I've been actively hostile to you since literally my first post in this thread. I hope you find this fun too, and I suspect that you do.

The one thing you did get partly right is that I am engaging with you like you're a child. I don't take almost anything children say seriously either.
If you did not take anything I say seriously, you would not be attacking me with increasingly impotent rage. You read what I wrote, you realized I was correct and now you think attacking me will allow you to pretend I have not affected you so deeply. Will not work.

Not one thing in your post addresses anything I say. You merely go from childish deflection and feeble attempts to protect your ego by sneering at me to genuine hostility. It is only a matter of time now before you become violent when you realize this pathetic display will not actually absolve your ego from total refutation. Deflecting to claims of fun are also refuted by your increasing anger and petty hatefulness; if you were having fun then why are you so clearly miserable?

It doesn't matter to me which vice of yours is making your ego hurt at the mere sight of virtue, you are the one choosing to waste my time & not me. You came into this thread out of nowhere and left a passive-aggressive message not even worth reading, which you apparently sent to rile me up but failed spectacularly. You wanted me to actively notice you so you bumped the thread figuring this was the only chance for me to give you the time of day by insulting me. If you are lonely & want attention, there are easier ways of getting it than acting like you do. Have you considered this attitude is why you are lonely to begin with?

Now, your belief that truth is personalized and therefore relative proves my point. To claim such means your words are totally meaningless because your personal belief is that everyone sees a reality totally dependent on one's ego. Your whole worldview is therefore refuted by itself as it contradicts itself. On top of that, you going out of your way to speak to me requires a belief in objective truth, so that refutes you as well. There is absolutely no point in attacking me if you believe reality is dependent on an individual person's ego. Nor do you have even the faintest right to claim something is false when you believe no reality is shared between two people.

This means that your belief that you can declare what I say "a lie" (and the make it so in your deluded ego-drama) is refuted as well. The mere act of your silly trick here refutes not only the trick but everything else you have. Congratulations.

Feel free to read the quote I sent you days ago again. As for me, I will no longer see your messages. I deal with your kind multiple times a day and I certainly do not need another one today or any day.

I will say that reaction to you must be common for you to be so clearly bitter over one merely stating the truth. Then again, it must have been all my talk of foundations and reality and concrete things that set your poor gnosis delusion into full defense mode.

RushMkIII
4 weeks ago#78
Man that felt really good you guys. Sorry for cluttering the board with more of this but it is just a very sweet drink that's increasingly hard to find on the parts of the internet I read and its turns out I was very thirsty for it.

User Info: Sephiroth C Ryu

Sephiroth C Ryu
4 weeks ago#79
As for the topic, No.

Fighting elements of the Army of the Light in parts of zones or some instances, or even for a raid sometime would be fine. We have had in the past zealots who are bonkers (Scarlet Dawn/Crusade/Etc). But it would be bad as a whole expansion.

Lets face it, the only reason for us to wind up on the bad side of The Light itself is if we fail to keep Azeroth in order and end up having to kill our own planet to prevent a corrupted titan from exploding out of it.
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Would you want an expansion about fighting The Light?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived