Does the newer expacs like Legion still have this bad design?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does the newer expacs like Legion still have this bad design?

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 month ago#1
I been leveling a Death Knight and I am almost 70 in Burning Crusade (first expac). When I get a "kill this special mob" quest, the boss is usually dead and while I am waiting for it to respawn other people come too.
Sometimes they just outright steal the boss and I get not credit even if I attacked it first.

Have they ever come up with a better system for these?
chill02 to me: you are beautiful

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
1 month ago#2
Yeah, everyone who tag mobs now get credit for quests.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 month ago#3
wonder why they don't make that retroactive

at least, I was pretty sure I tagged the mob last night and yet the quests didn't complete

when I hit lvl 70, maybe I will just use my boost, since I will be able to try out demon hunter
chill02 to me: you are beautiful

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
1 month ago#4
IIRC it is retroactive for a lot of quest mobs, the yhave a ''!'' icon on their nameplate. It's been a while though.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#5
The "!" icon for everything I have seen has been universal tag. So long as you hit it before it's dead, regardless of which faction pulled it you will get credit.

Rare Mobs and the like were changed in Pandaria to be open tag to both factions, but non "!" flagged mobs tagged by the opposite faction (example - Kill X mobs type quests) will still be grayed out if they get the hit before you do. Same faction can still be tagged for credit and I have been leveling a lot of alts lately and haven't seen much of an issue, but admittedly haven't been hitting the tale sections of the expansion zones before hopping to the next expansion at 58, 68, 78, etc.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does the newer expacs like Legion still have this bad design?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived