Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

User Info: DarkfireAxel

DarkfireAxel
1 month ago#1
Yeah. Still struggling with this.Thought that maybe now that I was 920 I would be able to do it. Nope.

There's just a couple of things that I have no idea how to pass.

Second Arcane Phase. I can do the first one no problem. Jump, fel rush, fel rush, done. However, his SECOND Arcane Phase I can reach him maybe 3 times out of 10 tries. My character just slows down a ton and immediately gets oneshot after being immobilized for 2-3 seconds. WHAT THE HELL IS SLOWING ME DOWN THAT ISN'T IN THE SAME GODDAMN PHASE 1 MINUTE EARLIER. I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy. Phase is the exact same. I only die in the second one. I only get slowed down in the second one. The only way i can pass this phase is by Metamorphosis-leap through the room. But that means burning Meta.

Void thing boss: I just don't know where to start. I switch talents and put the usual felblade / demon blades whatever build. Good. Then two things happen:
1) I jump on the boss bombing my cooldowns, I do significant damage to him. Adds spawn, I can't kill them in time (more than half health each) before they reach him. Or rather, the ground aoe. Can't follow them there.
2) I keep my cooldowns like Fury of the Illidari, KJ Burning wish and Eye beam for the adds. Assuming they die (most of the time that's not enough either), Boss has covered 70% of the room in s*** and has a good 80% health due to low dps for saving cooldowns. Second adds spawn, they full heal him, I just walk away cause yeah.

Yes I watched a hundred videos, no not a single one helped me (I had to come up with my own timings for the whole Xylem fight). It's honestly stupid. I did Kanrethad when it was relevant, but that was skill. This is pure RNG unless I'm missing something very important here.

Jesus christ how to piss off someone. I'm not even gonna start talking about the Frost Mage one, even worse.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."
(message deleted)

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#3
First things first - are you remembing to use Vengeful Retreat liberally? I know it should go without saying, but you can absolutely use it similar to a Fel Rush by spinning your character's back to your destination.

I know you're frustrated, but there's not a ton of RNG to the fight, especially second phase (the Void Boss).

What is slowing you down is the darkness on the ground during the Arcane Phase. It's always present, but doesn't quite go into effect immediately if you can get to Xylem, in which case it never goes into effect and the shadow ball dodging should commence. But if for some reason you can't, then you need to make it to his location by leapfrogging through the safe zones and killing the mage copies inside the bubbles to regen health. If you don't, you get booted from the bubble, likely landing in the darkness and then, yeah you're going to die in a few seconds.

As someone else said, during the disappearance phase he shows up as a yellow dot on the map if you are having a hard time tracking it visually. If you have to leap frog from the safe zones (the mage copies in the bubbles you must kill to be able to recoup your health), then do that.

Couple of questions - what legendaries are you using and what legendaries do you have access to? What talents are you using? Remember, you can swap your talents during the transition after Xylem is free (and from the sound of it, it would do a lot of good in helping you).

I can give advice on the Frost Mage one, too, but let's focus on this first.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

SilentZed
1 month ago#4
Also - can you link an armory to your character? 920 is pretty comfortable to getting it done and I believe I got it done roughly around that level as well (maybe 923) but I fully understood it absolutely could be done much lower than that with tighter fundamental control on the mechanics.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#5
DarkfireAxel posted...

Void thing boss: I just don't know where to start. I switch talents and put the usual felblade / demon blades whatever build. Good. Then two things happen:
1) I jump on the boss bombing my cooldowns, I do significant damage to him. Adds spawn, I can't kill them in time (more than half health each) before they reach him. Or rather, the ground aoe. Can't follow them there.
2) I keep my cooldowns like Fury of the Illidari, KJ Burning wish and Eye beam for the adds. Assuming they die (most of the time that's not enough either), Boss has covered 70% of the room in s*** and has a good 80% health due to low dps for saving cooldowns. Second adds spawn, they full heal him, I just walk away cause yeah.

1. Don't blow your cooldowns beside Nemesis on the Void Lord (Nemesis on the adds is a waste)

2. The other thing going wrong is you're probably kiting the Void Lord too fast. The very first thing you have to do is get him to the edge of the room, and then only move him stutter-step style backward when the ground AOE is touching you. Then when the adds spawn turn around and run about 1/3 of the way across the room (not half, that's too far) and drop the adds. Slowing them with the talented Throw Glaive is almost certainly mandatory.

If the Void Lord, without healing, is losing more than 1/3 of his life each add phase, you're on track to killing him (you can survive at most 3 add phases before the ground AOE takes up too much room, each add phase should take up only 1/3 of the room at a time otherwise you're kiting the boss too fast). If not you're toast.

=====

I've been doing a lot of practice on it lately because I fail Phase 2 as an Arms Warrior, which I have no idea how to play (no, don't have that trinket).
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

SilentZed
1 month ago#6
I will say, I did mine slightly differently - I did not use Nemesis at all for both Phase 1 and Phase 2, choosing instead Fel Eruption, which allowed me a stun on one of the adds should it get away from me. I almost always had Eye Beams up for the adds and it did a fine job of taking them down.

Despite my advice to swap talents (which I recommend), I didn't bother.

I used these for my talents both phases.

Blind Fury
Demon Blades
First Blood
Soul Rending
Fel Eruption
Unleashed Power
Demonic,

I had Cinadaria, the Symbiote and Achor, the Eternal Hunger for legendaries. Between Eye Beams sending me into Meta, Chaos Nova, and Blade Dance, I found the adds melted fairly easily. Fel Eruption made sure any straggler got taken out before making contact with boss.

On top of that - because of the insane leech of Meta, I actually overlapped void areas as long as I could before Vengeful Retreating out since I was always gaining back up to full health every add phase. This helped buy me a bit of extra time to kill the boss.

SilentZed
1 month ago#7
Amakusa posted...

I've been doing a lot of practice on it lately because I fail Phase 2 as an Arms Warrior, which I have no idea how to play (no, don't have that trinket).

Which trinket are you referring to? I did mine with Mastery stat sticks and 915 or so ilevel. Are you making sure to swap to Sweeping Strikes before heading into Phase 2 and picking up Shockwave?

Between Shockwave, Bladestorm, and using Warbreaker I rotated those around to deal with the adds every time they came up.

I used Prydaz for neck and Ayala's Stone Heart for ring.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#8
SilentZed posted...
Between Shockwave, Bladestorm, and using Warbreaker I rotated those around to deal with the adds every time they came up.

That wasn't enough to kill them, and yes I am using Sweeping Strikes. If you resorted to using stat sticks my Mastery probably isn't high enough for that to work (if that is the stat Arms is supposed to go for-- I don't play Arms normally so I don't have a clue).

I use Tactician's Strategem and Shackles to get through Phase 1 (don't have Prydaz, funny enough, but having 2 Leaps per image phase makes it trivial, + Leap over the ice wall) and drop the shoulders for Ayala for Phase 2.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

SilentZed
1 month ago#9
I do remember not fully being able to kill them sometimes depending on procs and having to hamstring 1-2 as I finished them off before making my way back to the boss depending on what CD was down. I used Trauma as well for the extra bit of damage on WW on the adds.

What ilevel are you working with? I didn't use Shackles because of Prydaz, but I imagine the sustain helps immensely on Phase 1. Victory Rushes should be sustaining you in Phase 2 after add kills unless you mess up. You might try using a different DPS legendary if you have one and seeing whether you can make it through without the Shackles on Phase 2.

i'll check back in the morning to respond.

SilentZed
1 month ago#10
I did realize something - I did change out my legendaries on Phase 2 for Arms Warrior to Prydaz and Ayala's. I was using Timeless Stratagem during Phase 1 since it makes a joke of the arcane phase. It's just been some time since I had done the challenge.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived