Inconveniences of Life you miss

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Inconveniences of Life you miss

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
4 weeks ago#1
So those things that quality of life changes removed from the game. This isn't "oh the game would've been so much better like this!", just an honest what do you miss that you're sure other people hated.

- Ammo and quivers: I actually think it adds to the immersion of the class when you have to keep track of how many arrows you have. You also get this cool quiver graphic for your character.

- Hunter deadzones: This made you really pay attention to how you played your hunter. I think it definitely added to the class even if it was frustrating sometimes.

- Soulshards taking bag space: Same reason as above, I think it added to the class.

- Leveling and feeding pets: It's the Pokemaniac in me I guess.

- Leveling weapon skill: I never minded this and it gave you an excuse to go to some under leveled zones to explore around while you're bringing your weapon skill up.

- Only being allowed two specs: When I first made my Orc Arms Warrior, I was so in love with the class that I had aims to make a Troll Fury Warrior and a Tauren Protection Warrior. Now, with everyone being able to freely switch to any spec at any time it definitely kills the desire to have more than one character of a specific class.

- No flying: I'm of the camp that thinks the game would be better and more immersive without flying (and gives me more reason to be on my much cooler ground mounts). Granted, I would never give up the speed and convenience of flight unless everyone else had to but if this game never had flight, I think I would like it more.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
4 weeks ago#2
rawkuss posted...
- Only being allowed two specs: When I first made my Orc Arms Warrior, I was so in love with the class that I had aims to make a Troll Fury Warrior and a Tauren Protection Warrior. Now, with everyone being able to freely switch to any spec at any time it definitely kills the desire to have more than one character of a specific class.

The only one I can agree with. It made characters somewhat unique.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
4 weeks ago#3
For whatever reason I liked the consumable Soul Shard mechanic, at least as it existed in BC and Wrath. Vanilla sucked in that regard before the portal and well.
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
4 weeks ago#4
I had the most fun at launch in 2004 when the zones were PACKED and there was tons of often fair open world pvp while questing. This was due to the lack of dungeon or raid finder, so everyone was leveling primarily in the zones. There was a greater sense of community you got to know everyone in your guild and actually played with them. Random strangers helped each other as well.
Kill the King...The King is Dead...Long live the King...I am the King

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
4 weeks ago#5
Anacrusys posted...
I had the most fun at launch in 2004 when the zones were PACKED and there was tons of often fair open world pvp while questing. This was due to the lack of dungeon or raid finder, so everyone was leveling primarily in the zones. There was a greater sense of community you got to know everyone in your guild and actually played with them. Random strangers helped each other as well.

I don't know... I feel like more people help now compared to back then just because of shared loot. Maybe it's the ahole in me but I know for sure I would watch people that overpull struggle hoping they'd die so I can pick up the pull and get the loot (I also remember people watching me when I overpull and doing nothing to help). But now, people are always jumping in when I'm fighting mobs (not that we really need any help anymore).

User Info: c0sa n0stra

c0sa n0stra
4 weeks ago#6
- Soulshards taking bag space: Same reason as above, I think it added to the class.

YES I FONDLY REMEMBER ARCHIMONDE WIPE NIGHTS WHERE I HAD TO BRING 60 SHARDS

No thanks.

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah I forgot about the loot before you mentioned it. watching people die was a thing back then. However, I recall working with others to kill some elites and to get through some hard quests. I remember a quest where two of us could not kill the quest mob and we had to call in a max level guildie. People helped each other with open world pvp when trying to quest too. I enjoyed the highly populated zones, pve and pvp danger, and randomness of (often fair) pvp encounters of various scale.
Kill the King...The King is Dead...Long live the King...I am the King

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#8
Elites in front of dungeons. It just added a sense of going into danger.
Something is lost when you start inside a entrance and don't actually go to the entrance.

Didn't Arugal used to taunt you like constantly as he teleported around the room? For some reason I've always remembered that he used to taunt you but it seemed like they removed it fairly early.
That fight was so much fun.

Wowhead/Youtube should be banned from making boss fight strategies for 5 man content. It's not hard content to figure out and it's so much more fun to do so on your own as a group.

When Kara was first reintroduced it was the first time in a long time I ran a 5 man blind and it was the most fun I've had in ages.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

User Info: willythemailboy

willythemailboy
4 weeks ago#9
rawkuss posted...
- Ammo and quivers: I actually think it adds to the immersion of the class when you have to keep track of how many arrows you have. You also get this cool quiver graphic for your character.

The part that bugged me about that was that hunters only got 3 bag slots because of it (and the arrow stacks being so small). Made it a pain in the ass to have a gathering prof.
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
4 weeks ago#10
WoodenRook posted...
Elites in front of dungeons. It just added a sense of going into danger.
Something is lost when you start inside a entrance and don't actually go to the entrance.

That's for lower difficulties. You still manually enter dungeons for Mythic and M+. Elites are nothing today - even the ones marked danger can be solo'd as dps. At least they still properly make the buildings/structures for dungeons, so you feel like it's a place that exists. Games like FFXIV don't even do that, you teleport to a place out of thin air.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Inconveniences of Life you miss

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived