Love these dungeons over ff14!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Love these dungeons over ff14!!

User Info: metralo

metralo
1 month ago#11
thanthen posted...
WoW doesnt have dungeons, it has hallway, boss room, hallway. FF14 boss mechanics kill you, WoW has no mechanics that matter till high end mythic+.

lol they still dont matter, still faceroll even compared to FF14 normal difficulty.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1298321979/image.jpg

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#12
metralo posted...
thanthen posted...
WoW doesnt have dungeons, it has hallway, boss room, hallway. FF14 boss mechanics kill you, WoW has no mechanics that matter till high end mythic+.

lol they still dont matter, still faceroll even compared to FF14 normal difficulty.

Not really - WoW also doesn't (usually) have visual telegraphs for attacks, either. It's the reason so many people sucked on Stone Vigil hard end boss for a while.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
1 month ago#13
thanthen posted...

You mean FF14 doesn't have dungeons? Silly troll. It's actually a common complain from FF14 community that their team has zero creativity with FF14 dungeons. Yes, they look pretty, but it's usually a straight line or hallway --> boss --> hallway. WoW has many "open" dungeons where you have freedom with boss kill order, hidden bosses/chests, puzzles, etc.

FF14 has none of that. Both games have similar mechanics, but the difference is, FF14 dungeons hit hard and you don't get hit hard in WoW until high M+. This changed occurred with Legion when they downgraded Mythic to Heroic difficulty and M+ became the new Mythic and higher. Previous expansions had good challenge in both Heroic/Mythic dungeons.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
1 month ago#14
thanthen posted...

Blackrock Dephts is one hell of a wide hallway then I guess...
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Kyle901

Kyle901
1 month ago#15
Half of FF's dungeons are complete and utter s*** because they're locked to a level where the game is unfun to play. Then you have a bunch more where aoe isn't practical or possible and they just draaagggg. That's a design issue though. Then from there, they're just as faceroll as WoW, but the community is significantly more casual which often translates to bad and time wasting. Sure, they may have a few more one shots, but you have a literal decade to react to everything in that game so that's not worth mentioning.

User Info: Sephiroth C Ryu

Sephiroth C Ryu
1 month ago#16
You know what would actually be cool?

Another Blackrock Depths sort of place. Large enough to be split into several "smaller" instances as far as the LFG system is concerned, but which you can go through the entirety of if you wish in a group of friends (or just people who want to do the Mythic version).
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#17
thanthen posted...

..You...you do realize that every dungeon and raid in XIV is a straight line, right? And that's assuming it even gets that.

Omega, Stormblood's "Raid", is literally four circular rooms that are totally unconnected to one another. They're basically Trials. No trash, no lead up, no dungeon. Just Boss.

I mean, it's really hard to take any argument you have that XIV does dungeons better then WoW, when every dungeon since 2.2 has looked like this:
http://i.imgur.com/wyeMbVZ.png

Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
You know what would actually be cool?

Another Blackrock Depths sort of place. Large enough to be split into several "smaller" instances as far as the LFG system is concerned, but which you can go through the entirety of if you wish in a group of friends (or just people who want to do the Mythic version).

They did that. It was called Return to Karazhan. Hopefully BFA will have more "Mega Dungeons" like it.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: AllGodsDie

AllGodsDie
1 month ago#18
FF has amazing dungeon and raid music though. I honestly can't even recall any WoW music content aside from the lich king song.
Steam/PSN-Allgodsdie

User Info: Sephiroth C Ryu

Sephiroth C Ryu
1 month ago#19
The music in the place you fight Argus is pretty cool. But yeah, aside from that they've kind of just been doing the same "fighting against legion" style music for quite some time.
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#20
AllGodsDie posted...
I honestly can't even recall any WoW music content aside from the lich king song.

So you're one of those people who did the WoD train dungeon with the music off? For shame.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Love these dungeons over ff14!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived