how would you feel if they let you do faction changes without changing race?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. how would you feel if they let you do faction changes without changing race?

User Info: Zikten

Zikten
1 month ago#1
ok so hear me out, Everquest 2 had this feature. basically certain races could only be on one faction or the other (good or evil). some could pick either one. but it was possible to change your faction even if your race isn't naturally found on the other side, through a hard and lengthy quest chain in which you betray your faction and defect to the other side. So you could be a good ogre, or an evil high elf. now what if they put this in WoW? they could still do the normal faction change for lazy people who want to pay money. but I think it would be cool if you could defect, and the factions were more varied. you would start seeing orcs in Stormwind, and night elves in Ogrimaar. it would be a very hard and time consuming thing to do. but it would be possible, if you put in the effort. and then you could have a more unique character

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
1 month ago#2
That was Warcrafts 2014 April Fools joke.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3870-Warlords-of-Draenor-Preview-Faction-Change-Betrayal-Quest
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#3
The faction war is idiotic at this point anyway. There's no reason for it to continue other than a couple hotheads deciding they hate each other for reasons.

I'd be okay with just having everyone be "neutral" with each other, and have arenas and BGs be more like wargames things where the two groups are assigned randomly. World PvP could be FFA outside of your group; this will not be overwhelming with the PvP toggle coming up in the next expansion.

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
1 month ago#4
Heftybags posted...
That was Warcrafts 2014 April Fools joke.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3870-Warlords-of-Draenor-Preview-Faction-Change-Betrayal-Quest

I kept that article around over the years since this type of topic keep popping up ever now and then.
One does what one does best.

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#5
redundancies posted...
The faction war is idiotic at this point anyway. There's no reason for it to continue other than a couple hotheads deciding they hate each other for reasons.

At this point, it's just a gimmick to provide drama fueled content. However, considering real world parallels and other types of tropes, everyone going back to fighting and squabbling over stupid **** is exactly what we do in the real world anyways, and sounds about exactly what I would expect from the current factions of Azeroth in the absence of the unifying threat.

"We're putting our beef on hold and we're taking this threat down."

Think Samurai Champloo. They both worked together, learned to tolerate each other as being foils to one another, and were evenly matched. But, as soon as their mission was complete, they immediately tried to kill each other because of some weird sense of pride/honor/promise, whatever the hell you want to call it.

On-topic: I would love the option, because obviously there is always going to be dissenters/deserters, especially with some of the **** the factions pull, not all, but at least some.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
4 weeks ago#6
redundancies posted...

I'd be okay with just having everyone be "neutral" with each other, and have arenas and BGs be more like wargames things where the two groups are assigned randomly. World PvP could be FFA outside of your group; this will not be overwhelming with the PvP toggle coming up in the next expansion.

This. BfA has lost ALOT of interest due to it's Red v Blue crap from what I've gathered, especially coming after Legion.
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 weeks ago#7
SilentZed posted...
At this point, it's just a gimmick to provide drama fueled content. However, considering real world parallels and other types of tropes, everyone going back to fighting and squabbling over stupid **** is exactly what we do in the real world anyways, and sounds about exactly what I would expect from the current factions of Azeroth in the absence of the unifying threat.

Maybe I'm just being overly genre savvy, but there's always some world-ending threat just around the corner - it doesn't make sense to keep fighting each other when you know something always pops up that we have to work together to defeat.

And even in the midst of a world-ending threat, you still have these petty squabbles. Jaina decided to tell everyone to F off at the beginning of Legion, and Genn and Sylvanas continued to fight in Stormheim even as we were trying to deal with the fel vrykul under Skovald's rule.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. how would you feel if they let you do faction changes without changing race?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived