Cataclysm doesn't get the respect it deserves.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Cataclysm doesn't get the respect it deserves.

User Info: WizardHazard

WizardHazard
4 weeks ago#11
Joker_X_II posted...
ooking for Group" documentary/propaganda film they made a while back? You gotta listen very carefully to the inside stories of how WoW got so 'popular'. They spoke about how awes

MOP s***s on BC on every level and I find it to be > WOTLK as well, WOTLK only wins out in lore because of WC3,Pallys and the scourge

User Info: Ryuukishin

Ryuukishin
4 weeks ago#12
Back when I had played WoW, I loved the Cata questing zones, given that I only played to get my characters to max. level and for the quests. So that's not a big surprise itself. When I had decided to quit WoW, it was definitely not Cata's fault but my playing style obviously not being compatible with the MMO endgame of raids, dungeons and what else you wanna label them.

User Info: Delirious_Beard

Delirious_Beard
4 weeks ago#13
a lot of the zones were improved, but cata also brought with it entire zones with stories revolving around awful pop culture references

harrison jones is among the worst things to happen to wow
http://i.imgur.com/5UL2v5u.gif
"Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too?"

User Info: CelticsHomerPro

CelticsHomerPro
4 weeks ago#14
Cataclysm will always have a place in my heart for several reason, I started late wrath right before patch 3.3 so Cataclysm was my first full expansion experience. I found my main spec and role in cataclysm fury warrior. I used to raid lead in cataclysm, and ive never done it since but boy was it a cool experience I was also an officer for a serious guild where as ever since ive always been raider rank in guilds. Everything was more chill back then all people cared about was ilvl there was no ahead of the curve bs, no mythic dungeon rank bs. All the dungeons were insanely hard and fun. And it had firelands my favorite raid of all time.
i7 5820k - GeForce GTX 780 - 32 GB DDR4 RAM- OCZ 240GB SSD - Windows 10 - 1440p

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
4 weeks ago#15
Delirious_Beard posted...
a lot of the zones were improved, but cata also brought with it entire zones with stories revolving around awful pop culture references

harrison jones is among the worst things to happen to wow

lol maybe to you, i loved that entire zone.
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
4 weeks ago#16
Cataclysm was bad enough that it got me to quit the game for a few years and I've played since mid Vanilla...

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#17
I hate hate hate time gates and Cata was the first one that really felt gated to me with rep grinds and daily grinds for raids.

Also, it had a lot of stupid achievements and Archaeology was dumb.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
4 weeks ago#18
Oh, I loved Cataclysm's original content (NOT the old zones revamp). I loved that heroic dungeons were made hard in the beginning of the expansion.... I never actually did any of the raids before Dragon Soul was out, but mostly because I spent the first half of that expansion in between raiding guilds.

No, what Cataclysm did to piss me off was royally f*** up the old zones. Some, if not very few, of the newer quest-lines are decent or ok, but otherwise I miss the old non-linear quests and the designs of the zones. Yes, non-linearity, complete with sending a player all across both continents on the same quest-chain, a la Legend Of Zelda reference.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#19
I didn't mind the old zone revamps. The stories they added were much better and I hated going through multiple zones on a questline.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

User Info: SolKarellen

SolKarellen
4 weeks ago#20
The first tier of raids is the most fun I've ever had in WoW.

5 mans were actual content.
We were thinking of naming the baby Ellipsis, but it seemed so...typographical.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Cataclysm doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived