ShadowLeggy's Opinions on RE, a Damien rant and Spoilers. What could go wrong?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil
  3. ShadowLeggy's Opinions on RE, a Damien rant and Spoilers. What could go wrong?

User Info: Damien 5000

Damien 5000
8 years ago#1
Yeah, I'm actually going to complain about someone else's opinions, which is almost an all time low for me, but then again, I punched a girl that's shorter than me in the face once. She had it coming. Anyways.(Joke)

I find it relatively difficult to read ShadowLeggy's blog on RE5, even though for part of it, I agree. And the only reason why I can't read it is because she can't type. I'm sorry, I'm a grammar freak, but, augh, I can't stand it when people don't know the differences between things like "than" and "then" or "their" and "there." Add that to the fact that I really can't take those music videos seriously and basically it forces me to not take anything she believes in seriously.

Moving on. I think everyone should read her opinions on it anyways, simply because she does bring up good points, as well as things I was complaining about as well. For example: What the **** was the point in Code Veronica? Wesker went through all that trouble to get the T-Veronica Virus and make that huge thing about Steve being alive, just to die in RE5 without using any of the viruses he got in the past games. "Hahaha! I, Wesker, now have access to the T, G and T-Veronica Virus! And I will totally disregard it anyways for this new, amazing, Uroboros! Ha! I am a genius! Oh, and I'll send in Lickers to kill Chris! Because Lickers WERE TOTALLY ON PURPOSE!"

Why would Wesker send in Lickers? Did anyone else catch the lack of sense in that? Lickers were a long term after effect of the T-Virus, right? Okay, so, keeping this in mind, where are our zombies? There are three stages before an actual Licker is made. 1. Zombie. 2. V-Act. 3. Regis Licker(Assuming Outbreak is canon, and last I checked it was) 4. Licker. Even if he did want to send in Lickers, why not Hunters as well? As far as I know, a Hunter is much more lethal than a Licker simply because they're more controlled and they were actually designed to kill, unlike a Licker, which is quite literally an accident.

I literally just discovered Sonic 3 and Michael Jackson were some how related, watched a video and totally forgot where I was going with this. Uh....

TL;DR:
ShadowLeggy can't spell but brings up good points.
I punched a girl in the face once.
RE5 was really fun but made no sense and was a let down for me.
Michael Jackson helped write some songs for Sonic 3.
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010

User Info: chanjkh

chanjkh
8 years ago#2
I really think bashing RE5 just because there's plot issues that haven't been addressed is a bit pointless, since the series itself has never been that well planned out...
>_>
(Crappy Resident Evil Videos!) http://www.youtube.com/jeffreychanffx

User Info: chanjkh

chanjkh
8 years ago#3
Well not so much the licker thing, I'm talking more about the "Wesker taking viruses he doesn't use" thing.
>_>
(Crappy Resident Evil Videos!) http://www.youtube.com/jeffreychanffx

User Info: Damien 5000

Damien 5000
8 years ago#4
I really think bashing RE5 just because there's plot issues that haven't been addressed is a bit pointless, since the series itself has never been that well planned out...

That seems counter-productive. "Don't worry about the game not making sense. It's never made sense."
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010

User Info: UncleWesker

UncleWesker
8 years ago#5
I would assume the beta Lickers are manufactured by themselves. Plus weren't the enemies on the convey belt, going into fire, intended to be zombies.
v-acts.com
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z44/steven_bodner/Uncle-Wesker.png

User Info: CrzyNinFan

CrzyNinFan
8 years ago#6
Not everyone is perfect with their grammar, and IIRC (I read it a couple days ago myself) there weren't THAT many errors. Also, the music videos aren't really meant to be taken seriously, it's just supposed to be funny. Aside from that, yeah, I also agree with a lot of the points that she brought up.
I used to be a Cr(a)zyNin(tendo)Fan.
Mains: Cammy (HDR, SFIV when I get it)

User Info: G-Rex

G-Rex
8 years ago#7
I actually have to disagree with the two points you brought up, Tanner. Wesker did use all those viruses he obtained. His file in the Library in this game says that he was selling them to terrorists to build up his fortune. It's also entirely possible that he studied them and took what he considered to be their best elements to make Uroboros. Regarding the lickers, it's entirely logical that after Nicholai reported on them during the Raccoon City incident that they'd realize these things were pretty effective fighters and take steps to actually produce them. In fact, the the "Umbrella's End" and "Dark Legacy" chapters of the Umbrella Chronicles can be taken as the actual way things happened more or less, the Russian Umbrella base was mass-producing them. Ridiculous, I know. Especially seeing as they were also apparently mass-producing failed projects like the chimera. Still, this is Russia we're talking about here. In Soviet Russia, horror survives you!
Thermonuclear bombs are your friends.

User Info: cubefan

cubefan
8 years ago#8
RE5 SPOILERS ahoy.

1. Wesker did use the various viruses he collected. He sold them to generate funds for his Uroboros project.
2. The Licker Betas are not regular Lickers, but Lickers beefed up with Progenitor. And they certainly are much tougher than Hunters if gameplay is any indicator, and finally, Wesker didn't send any of them after Chris. They just broke free of their holding areas.
3. Wesker never made a big deal of bringing Steve back. The fans did.
4. Who the **** is this ShadowLeggy?
5. Telling people to read her blog without even posting a link to it is just ingenious, Sherlock.
A good essay is like a woman's skirt- long enough to cover the good stuff, but short enough to keep things interesting.

User Info: Caution999

Caution999
8 years ago#9
4. Who the **** is this ShadowLeggy?
5. Telling people to read her blog without even posting a link to it is just ingenious, Sherlock.

Finally...

Someone who says what I think!
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning blood sucking parasites.

User Info: sevil_yelims

sevil_yelims
8 years ago#10
She's a cool RE fan that's known for her youtube RE videos. I don't always agree with her about the games, but she's funny and talented. Most of you probably know her best by the RE numa video she made.

This is one of her latest videos and probably one of the best RE parodies I've seen her make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6wDhat6qYQ
http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/index.php?fbid=eNEvU7AzuMu#
Keep Paul Anderson away from Resident Evil.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil
  3. ShadowLeggy's Opinions on RE, a Damien rant and Spoilers. What could go wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived