Frequently Asked Questions - Please Read Before Posting - <minor spoilers>

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Please Read Before Posting - <minor spoilers>

User Info: Durntdude

Durntdude
9 years ago#31
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
9 years ago#32
Great job, Mookie. Let's hope when this gets stickied, it doesn't kill the board. =)
Currently Playing: RE4, Bioshock, CoD 2, Okami, Kameo, and Forbidden Siren 2
Wife Currently Playing: DOAX2, Medievil, and Actraiser

User Info: BlankIQ

BlankIQ
9 years ago#33
It really is about time we decided to get a sticky, GJ GJ must have been hard work.

User Info: pillerofautumn

pillerofautumn
9 years ago#34
Great job, Mookie. Let's hope when this gets stickied, it doesn't kill the board. =)

I hadn't thought of that... I was excited we were going to get a sticky, but if it takes as long as Mook said it does, the board would probably be dead by then.

We have to try harder to keep it alive. Or migrate to the Wii boards. I hear those guys love immigrants.
"We have to move this to the social board." -Bristow84
"And attract a bunch of weirdos? I think not!" -gamerbug94

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
9 years ago#35
I'm not too worried. Considering RE4 has been out for almost three years now, this board is still very active, even compared to boards for many newer games.
in the event that everything should go terribly wrong

User Info: weirdnamemike

weirdnamemike
9 years ago#36
The GC version doesn't have the movie browser....
Tidus, you and I both know that it's game over for the Xbox 360 and Wii once Final Fantasy XIII is unleashed~Earvcunanan

BlankIQ
9 years ago#37
Bump

User Info: preppyboy987

preppyboy987
9 years ago#38
lol at the Tickle Me Plaga. Anyways, great job on this.
In the real world, a n00b is someone with a life.

BlankIQ
9 years ago#39
Bump again

User Info: RXRatMan

RXRatMan
9 years ago#40
You should delve more into the Plagas...

What are the different types of Plagas?

Commonly referred to as Type 1, 2, and 3.

Type 1's are long whipping Plagas that do massive damage and have widespread coverage.

Type 2's are fat caterpillar-like that have an all or nothing attack: Either you're dead or it misses.

Type 3's are spider-like and spit acid or can kill in one hit. 3's can detach from a dead host but only survive for about 30 seconds.

Ganados only sprout Type 1, Zealots Type 2 or 3, and soldiers Type 1 or 3.

When does a Plaga appear?

Plagas are very sensitive to bright light so they only appear at night or under low light.

Other than at certain points, such as the beginning of Chapter 2-1, before the mine cart area, and during the Salazar battle, all other Plagas are completely random or can be avoided completely. Not shooting an enemy in the head DOES NOT avoid Plagas.

What is the best way to avoid Plagas?

Several ways guarantee a Plaga-free battle...

1) Using any explosive/fire-based attack: This includes Rocket Launcher, Mine Thrower, green or red grenades, explosive barrels, dropping an oil lamp, dynamite, hitting a fire breather...

2) Use any stun melee move: Basically any melee move you can do when you stun an enemy with a headshot or leg shot. Kicks, Neckbreaker, Thrust Punch, Chikyo Chagi, Suplex etc. Make sure its a finishing blow or a Plaga can still pop out.

Getting grabbed and struggling to break free DOES NOT prevent Plagas.

3) Knock an enemy off a ladder or ledge. Falling does massive damage and never pops a Plaga.

4) RUN!!! No damage = No Plaga

How To Avoid Damage:

Performing most action prompts render you invincible, temporarily. These include:

-Stun Melee Moves
-Climbing a ladder
-Jumping off or climbing up a ledge/platform
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Please Read Before Posting - <minor spoilers>

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed
More topics from this board...
The Tactical VestBlueJester00747/9 6:31AM