International Mercenaries Tournament

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. International Mercenaries Tournament

User Info: DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu
9 years ago#1
Like the title says, Ben and I talked the other day about a tournament that gathers most of the great players of the world, or the ones that are interested can join it also, the main rule on this first global tournament is:

-2 versions rule
every player needs to own, or have, the 2 AI versions of the gamecube version, so, in resume, NTSC and PAL versions are needed to enter(gamecube)

now here's the thing, I put GC, ok, but, the Wii owners are allowed, since the Wii is like the PAL
so the NTSC GC, and the Wii works with the rule (NTSC - PAL), this kind of sets are allowed:

US(NTSC) - PAL(PAL)
US(NTSC) - Wii(PAL)
US(NTSC) - JPN(PAL)

-No Wesker Tournament
Yes, is a no wesker tournament

-2 Versions rule #2
Every round will consist for example:
#1 round - Hunk Village PAL
#2 round - Ada Castle NTSC
and so on, one round in only one version

The tournament is not close to start, now this is just the start point of the gathering of the mercs, since this tournament will have or we want to have all of mercs we can, Ben and I will search for users around, and Left for the asian mercs: xiaodaose, TH, Kazuki, kaneo, and others I hope

The elimination rule of every round will be set when we will have the list of all the players that want to join, so you guys can tell here what method do you want, and we can use it on the elimination rule.

So the pre-tournament starts now ;)

Videos at http://www.youtube.com/Darkangelshinobu

User Info: Ben622

Ben622
9 years ago#2
*signs*
"If God be for us, who can be against us?"

User Info: Jaidabecca

Jaidabecca
9 years ago#3
-2 versions rule
every player needs to own, or have, the 2 AI versions of the gamecube version, so, in resume, NTSC and PAL versions are needed to enter(gamecube)

WTF?

I'm out.
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca

User Info: BlankIQ

BlankIQ
9 years ago#4
arg! I don't have the NTSC GC version anymore.
R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow, Oct. 29, 1955 - Nov. 25, 2007.
You gave me my first dose of "metal health".

DarkShinobu
9 years ago#5
Jaidabecca:

That's why I wrote after that, the Wii owners already have the PAL scheme, so you have both versions, the GC ntsc and the Wii(PAL), you dont need to get the PAL for GC...

anyway, the ones interested, with doubts also, just ask here

User Info: kniferun187

kniferun187
9 years ago#6
needing both versions lacks in sense...
i amd skill-less... my videos...
http://www.youtube.com/runningdaggers

User Info: HeadMinerve

HeadMinerve
9 years ago#7
Nelson, I know you ripped a Pal version to play on your NA GC, well I think so...
How could I (and others) rip a ntsc game to play your version on my Pal GC (or the contrary)?

And i'm not sure to understand how the rules would be set.
1st round, everyone must play Hunk in the Pal village. Well, everyone must make a vid ? Everyone must start the round at 6 o'clock and give a picture of his score 15 minutes later ?
RE4 Pal >> village : 200400 / castle : 291870 / base : 181200 / waterworld : 192000
www.youtube.com/HeadMinerve www.dailymotion.com/HeadMinerve

DarkShinobu
9 years ago#8
wow,so Ben was right...anyway, the rules may change later, I was just interesting on adding the 2 versions, to make it more interesting than just a NTSC tournament, but for example, HeadMinerve cant compete on a NTSC only tournament

HeadMinerve: I was talking with Ben about you, we remember that Sgately and some other users of the UK or Europe, they have the NTSC version on their PAL systems, that's why I said that the tournament will be not now, for people like you or the Asian mercs without the NTSC, to find the other version, you can ask them if you are interested, is not the first and is not the last one, so this one will be, only if too many people complain about it, will be a 2 AI tournament, since almost all mercenaries have the ntsc..so maybe the next one can be a only ntsc tournament

Ben have a different idea for the only ntsc owners that want to join is, so maybe he can explain that later...

also, Headminerve, lke the last tournaments we had here, there will be a week to play the #stage with the X character, and we will set a common page for everyone to post the scores, videos are not needed, a photo of the record will be needed

The tournament is on the first stages, maybe some things can change later, the main idea is, a global Mercenaries competition

User Info: HeadMinerve

HeadMinerve
9 years ago#9
That can be great news !! If I can play the NTSC version on my Pal GC, I'll buy the game !
This tournament would give me no more excuses about NTSC castle scores hahaha, and I could finally try to reach some scores (village and castle actually). :)
If I can find an UK version of the game, I'm in.
RE4 Pal >> village : 200400 / castle : 291870 / base : 181200 / waterworld : 192000
www.youtube.com/HeadMinerve www.dailymotion.com/HeadMinerve

User Info: Ben622

Ben622
9 years ago#10
Would everyone re-consider on entering if we allowed people with any version to play? We will give spreads for versions that have a natural disadvantage.

For example, If a round was Krauser-Base. We will give NTSC players an extra 16,000 points because there are 16 less kills on the NTSC.
"If God be for us, who can be against us?"
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. International Mercenaries Tournament

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived