Los Dos Gigantes glitch...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Los Dos Gigantes glitch...?

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
1 year ago#1
So, I started playing through the game on Pro for my first time - I've replayed through many times for the past 7+ years on normal, on the gamecube, wii and ps3 releases of the game.

Anyway, I got to the dos gigantes fight, and decided to dump one in the lava; so I did, and proceeded to kill the second one. I did, and picked up the 15,000 pesetas it dropped.
The riot gun I had was empty, and I had 7 shotgun shells in inventory, so I backtracked to the merchant for an upgrade refill - where he appears down the elevator after the verdugo fight.

So once I got done, I got back to the room where the dos gigantes fight was, and there was the other 15,000 pesetas sitting in the exact spot where the first one was dumped in the lava - he was dumped on the outer edge of the trap-gate, I remember noticing how I had barely dumped him in time.

I've never heard of getting both gigantes pesetas when one has been dumped, but it seems to have happened this time O.O

User Info: regarding

regarding
1 year ago#2
That's a very well-known glitch.

It doesn't work in most versions of the game. Actually it may only be possible to pull off in the GC version, I'm not sure.
I hate signatures.

User Info: Uhh

Uhh
1 year ago#3
Yeah, it is well-known. Might be GC only or even NTSC GC-only; I forget.
https://youtu.be/Ru4DAwG4Kpo https://youtu.be/uMiDYFpbwb8
https://youtu.be/GJLQu1rUmXI https://youtu.be/szwjALFVKbs

rhoadsofrock
1 year ago#4
Good to know that it's well known, still though, first time I ever experienced it lol.

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
1 year ago#5
rhoadsofrock posted...
So, I started playing through the game on Pro for my first time - I've replayed through many times for the past 7+ years on normal, on the gamecube, wii and ps3 releases of the game.

Anyway, I got to the dos gigantes fight, and decided to dump one in the lava; so I did, and proceeded to kill the second one. I did, and picked up the 15,000 pesetas it dropped.
The riot gun I had was empty, and I had 7 shotgun shells in inventory, so I backtracked to the merchant for an upgrade refill - where he appears down the elevator after the verdugo fight.

So once I got done, I got back to the room where the dos gigantes fight was, and there was the other 15,000 pesetas sitting in the exact spot where the first one was dumped in the lava - he was dumped on the outer edge of the trap-gate, I remember noticing how I had barely dumped him in time.

I've never heard of getting both gigantes pesetas when one has been dumped, but it seems to have happened this time O.O

On what version of GC were you playing when you had the glitch ? O_o When I read the title of this thread for the first time I thought it was all about skipping the dos gigantes fight by activating the dit-man glitch which is also well-known, but I've never heard of such a thing of "being able to" get the pesetas of the other El Gigante you dumped into the lava too, as well as the other one you killed with your firearms.

(I've been playing on the Japanese version of PS3 for about a year and had been playing for about 4 years on PS2 and GC as well, but I never experienced this kind of stuff - probably that may explain that we don't have it on Japanese version of any console either, not sure about PAL and NTSC version though.)
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 187500 (Ada : 185400) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

rhoadsofrock
1 year ago#6
dxm8975 posted...
rhoadsofrock posted...

On what version of GC were you playing when you had the glitch ? O_o When I read the title of this thread for the first time I thought it was all about skipping the dos gigantes fight by activating the dit-man glitch which is also well-known, but I've never heard of such a thing of "being able to" get the pesetas of the other El Gigante you dumped into the lava too, as well as the other one you killed with your firearms.

(I've been playing on the Japanese version of PS3 for about a year and had been playing for about 4 years on PS2 and GC as well, but I never experienced this kind of stuff - probably that may explain that we don't have it on Japanese version of any console either, not sure about PAL and NTSC version though.)

Player's Choice, NTSC (US).
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Los Dos Gigantes glitch...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived