Resident Evil 4 , Ch. 5-4, Minigun trouble

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Resident Evil 4 , Ch. 5-4, Minigun trouble

User Info: Squad17BTFC

Squad17BTFC
1 year ago#1
So I have recently got stuck after the Jack Krauser fight up to the point where you face the three miniguns after you pass through the gates.

I sold half my arsenal beforehand to defeat Jack Krause to get to this point which is now catching up with me.

I sold my upgraded Red 9 to obtain the Blacktail cause it fires faster, To get the premium Striker upgrade I sold my halfway upgraded Semi Sniper Rifle, TMP, and halfway upgraded Mine Thrower. And I only did this to defeat Jack Krauser.

Every time I go through those gates I get capped cause my health is low and I only have a yellow herb with low ammo.

I can go through the tunnel and take out all the militia but those stupid miniguns keep getting me. What also doesn't help is that I have to face the one chain gunner when I zipline down to get to that point. So I am in a tight pinch.

I also only have 3 shots for my magnum, 7 shells for my striker, 43 handgun rounds, a flash grenade, and a hand grenade, and 3 rifle rounds which are completely useless, and 50 TMP rounds.

Any ideas!? I am in between a rock and a hard place!

The helicopter won't take out the three miniguns, and I am on easy difficulty, first play through. I have considered restarting but I have spent months on this game cause of minimal time I have.

Squad17BTFC
1 year ago#2
Scratch that, 17 shotgun rounds

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 year ago#3
I suppose you did not keep a save before Krauser? If you did, the obvious best option would be to load that save, not sell half your arsenal (especially the rifle), and use only your Knife to defeat Krauser. The knife is Krauser's "weakness"; it does way more damage to him than firearms/grenades, so it allows you to beat him quickly and without spending any ammo.

If you didn't keep a save, there's still hope, but it'll take a while to explain and it won't be pretty.

Btw, if you were planning to eventually play the game on Pro difficulty, you might want to consider restarting anyway, as beating the game on Easy does not unlock Pro difficulty so it's kind of a waste of time (I made that mistake when I first played), only beating the game on Normal unlocks Pro.

User Info: regarding

regarding
1 year ago#4
Squad17BTFC posted...
I also only have 3 shots for my magnum, 17 shells for my striker, 43 handgun rounds, a flash grenade, and a hand grenade, and 3 rifle rounds which are completely useless, and 50 TMP rounds.

The only useful thing you're missing is the rifle, but it can be done. I mean the game can be beaten on Professional mode without using any weapons except the knife, so yeah it can be done. Watch a knife run on youtube, it should be easier for you since you have some weapons and you're on Easy mode. Or watch a speedrun, speedrunners don't use the rifle either.
I hate signatures.

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
1 year ago#5
Squad17BTFC posted...
So I have recently got stuck after the Jack Krauser fight up to the point where you face the three miniguns after you pass through the gates.

I sold half my arsenal beforehand to defeat Jack Krause to get to this point which is now catching up with me.

I sold my upgraded Red 9 to obtain the Blacktail cause it fires faster, To get the premium Striker upgrade I sold my halfway upgraded Semi Sniper Rifle, TMP, and halfway upgraded Mine Thrower. And I only did this to defeat Jack Krauser.

Every time I go through those gates I get capped cause my health is low and I only have a yellow herb with low ammo.

I can go through the tunnel and take out all the militia but those stupid miniguns keep getting me. What also doesn't help is that I have to face the one chain gunner when I zipline down to get to that point. So I am in a tight pinch.

I also only have 3 shots for my magnum, 7 shells for my striker, 43 handgun rounds, a flash grenade, and a hand grenade, and 3 rifle rounds which are completely useless, and 50 TMP rounds.

Any ideas!? I am in between a rock and a hard place!

The helicopter won't take out the three miniguns, and I am on easy difficulty, first play through. I have considered restarting but I have spent months on this game cause of minimal time I have.

Firstly would you mind if I ask how many rifle bullets you had in your SAR when you sold that to the merchant ?

In case you want to be certain about how you're supposed to do in chapter 5-4, I can just tell you something as tips. :)

For me as a person who has beaten the main game a countless number of times, it's sort of utter absurdity to sell a sniper rifle (SAR or bottle action rifle, so to speak) to the merchant before getting into the area where you're supposed to fight against Krauser. The SAR actually comes in handy when countering against JJ (That you call one chain gunner down the zipline you have to reach in order to open the shutter with the switch) especially if you are not enough used to defeat him in close combat with a shotgun or K7. In that military camp area you have also some guys spawning alongside him so to me it seems rather too dangerous to rush straight way to the zipline before knocking off the JJ and other ganados. The best way to beat the gunner is I assume, that first you gather the ganados in the tower to kill them at first, and then to keep firing at him from behind the tower in his head till he drops his head, if you have enough bullets.

About the area with three miniguns it's one of the most annoying sections when you're playing on any difficulty for sure, but as you have three gunners at the same time it seemed rather witless to use a rifle to aim at the head of the gunner - firing at the gunners from behind with TMP or Red 9 (Or Blacktail you have in your inventory, 43 bullets will do its job fine I guess) would be easier and much more secure if you want to go through there without taking damages.

...But since you have got only 3 rifle bullets in your inventory and you're in want of health and ammos for other powerful weapons, it seems that it wouldn't make much difference however you might give it a go... only thing you might be able to do is that you continue(die in) the game several times to lessen the in-game difficulty so that enemies become less aggressive to you, and particularly Mike can be more helpful in eliminating the enemies if you want to keep playing from the save point after beating Krauser.

Or if you have the save data before the Krauser battle, I'd recommend to you to resume the game from that point and use knife or RL to defeat him, if you want to keep as many ammo as possible as BimmyLee said above.
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207400 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 187500 (Ada : 185400) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

User Info: JonHonne

JonHonne
1 year ago#6
IIRC there are 2 miniguns on the upper level and one on the bottom in front of the door. So a lot of your strategy depends on how well you know the layout of the levels. You need to figure out which minigun you can take out easiest, then do that first. Once you get the 1st one taken out, the task becomes much easier.

My guess is it's going to be easiest for you to take out the gun on the bottom first. Either by sneaking up behind him and killing him (getting a health spray in the process), or if you were lucky, you could toss a perfect grenade up there and take him out that way.

Either way, start with the bottom one. IIRC they can all dodge the flash grenade so I wouldn't bother with it and save it for the fatman gunner if you have to.

Squad17BTFC
1 year ago#7
Okay you all have missed a lot! So first off I didn't know there was a small section with tents on your right if you're seeing the open entrance to the miniguns on your left. I went down there and got all the items and my health back up. Afterwards I spent about an hour or two figuring out who to take next. I used my pistol to head shot a couple of the miniguns. The rest I can't remember but I got them somehow and killed the rest of the mercenaries. Maybe a couple weeks later I beat the game due to lack of availability to play. And btw the Sadler boss fight was easy!!! First try and beat him. I did take a few times trying to beat the jetski scene.

I did a round two with the special costumes 1 as an RPD officer. Took only a month to beat it. Four or six playing times from all four weekends. I beat round two this past weekend actually and beat Separate ways on little ammunition! So round 3 on special costume 2 as a ganger and sold my Blacktail, Striker, TMP, and Rifle all fully upgraded with premium upgrade btw during round two so I could but the Chicago Typewriter which btw rocks!!!

But, Miniguns and J.J, I really hate

Kept premium upgraded Broken Butterfly

Want the Infinite Launcher next
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Resident Evil 4 , Ch. 5-4, Minigun trouble

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived