Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 year ago#1
The chapter 4 boss ate all of my TMP ammo I brought in and 89 of the 100 bullets in the room. The second to last boss was hard due to it's speed and shield. And that red cloaked assistant guy without a rocket launcher is like ridiculous if even possible. On this boss not only did I sell my 3.0 powered handgun and my 15 powered semi auto rifle, but I only used the magnum and still had plenty of ammo for it, and my shotgun, and the tmp, and even the mine gun, all at full power. I also had a bunch of green herbs that I didnt even use. Can you kill him without using the special launcher? I feel like that would be more fun.

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 year ago#2
All bosses are trivially easy if you know how to kill them; I don't think Saddler is particularly easy. Only way he is difficult is if you want to knife him (no other weapons allowed), and as far as knifing bosses goes, he's one of the hardest.

Yes, you don't need to use the special launcher. Saddler has ~600 HP; once you do ~300dmg to him Ada will throw you the special launcher, so if you want to kill him without it after that, you just need to do an additional ~300 dmg to him. (Each time Leon climbs and stabs the eye, it does 25dmg to him.)

slaterastle
1 year ago#3
I may have to try this thank you for sharing. However, I blew up all of the eyes on his legs and only was able to do the final stab by shooting a barell next to him and I didnt see 12 other barells to do 300 more damage so how do knock him down all those times?

BimmyLee
1 year ago#4
He has 4 leg-eyes; the 2 on the front are easily accessible but the 2 on the back are hidden from view and quite difficult to reach. The 2 on the front you need to hit twice each to destroy, but fortunately, the 2 on the back you only need to hit once each to destroy. Once you destroy the 4 leg-eyes, Saddler will open up his "mouth eye" and enter on a loop where you simply: shoot the mouth-eye to knock him down, stab him, and repeat.

Here's a video of an excellent knifing of Saddler by a Korean player: https://youtu.be/C8jkorc7FCA
Knifing him this cleanly is obviously very hard, but you can use the same basic method but using a handgun/TMP instead of the knife.

slaterastle
1 year ago#5
So is the power of your guns completely meaningless in this fight? I mean the eyes were all stunned in one hit in the video. Or do I just have to shoot his mouth eye when it falls to the ground? How strong are normal knife stabs?

BimmyLee
1 year ago#6
Normal knife slashes are 0.7dmg on GC-US, and I THINK they are 1.4dmg on GC-PAL/JPN, but I'm not positive. I'm sure they are 1.4dmg on PS2, and 1.75dmg on Wii and later versions.

So yeah, I wouldn't bother knifing the mouth eye before climbing like the Korean player in the video did, as the stab does 25dmg so it's probably faster to just stab him.

BUT, if you plan on using your more powerful weapons, then the damage is not meaningless. Once Saddler's down, if you shoot him with firepower greater than 26.6dmg, he'll immediately recover, but if you do 26.6 or less damage, he won't recover immediately, which then allows you to attack the eye a second time. So the trick is to down him, then do a first attack worth 26.6dmg or less, and then a second attack of the highest possible power you can deal.

Here's me illustrating a Striker+BrokenButterfly method that deals 12+12+50 = 74dmg per "downing" and requires only 4 downings to trigger the special-launcher:
http://youtu.be/S58ENdTGhXo
(74 x 4 = 296, so there would seem to be 4hp missing to reach the needed 300hp, but what happens is the damage you do to the leg-eyes also reduces Saddler's overall HP, albeit with a "damage-penalty".)

Of course, nothing's more effective for Saddler than the RocketLauncher:
http://youtu.be/PeW_h-ErOFc?t=9m2s
(Notice how grenades are also a very good method for downing him. The MineThrower would work too.)

slaterastle
1 year ago#7
I'm on GC US so .7 it is.

But wait, broken butterfly doing 50? I thought upgraded all the way it only did 26. My killer7 upgraded all the way only does 35. Do they get a massive damage upgrade when exclusived or something? Ive never exclusived a weapon before. I guess it's still good either way but yeah. And the gredade just knocked him down, i dont think they do as much damage. Do grenades do as much as the mine thrower? And yeah rpgs are boss but im trying to make it harder lol.

BimmyLee
1 year ago#8
Yeah, the BB does 50dmg with the exclusive. Some weapons get a brutal FP upgrade when exclusived, other weapons a mild one, and others don't get any FP upgrade.

Haha yeah, I showed you that RL video more for the grenade. Frag-grenades and mine-darts are actually only good for knocking down Saddler; they don't do significant damage to him. (Not sure if they do any damage at all, actually; they probably do some negligible amount.) Frag-grenades are better than mine-darts for this though, as the mine-darts have an uncomfortably long explosion-delay.

slaterastle
1 year ago#9
Where would I shoot the dart? Would his human body work? Does the killer get any fp when exclusived?

BimmyLee
1 year ago#10
I think it's better to shoot the dart at the floor directly below him. IIRC, the lower part of his human body is not solid, so the dart will go right through it. Also, the MineThrower (for this fight and in general) works much better if it has the Level-2 FP upgrade, which upgrades the blast-radius from 2.0 to 4.0 meters. Oddly enough, FP upgrades on the MineThrower don't improve its actual power, only the blast-radius.

The Killer7 is the only gun that doesn't even get an exclusive upgrade. It's still a very good weapon though; even if left unupgraded (25.0dmg), it's still powerful enough till the end of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived