Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: Sedated Cricket

Sedated Cricket
10 months ago#11
I have always enjoyed using the killer7 over the broken butterfly for how much cheaper it is to upgrade it all the way even if it doesn't get any kind of fancy exclusive, because the BB without exclusive is comparable to that of killer7 power anyways so in the end it's more just about the money I save from avoiding the BB altogether. Plus the fact that it takes up less room in the inventory is nice as well.
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
10 months ago#12
Yep, the K7 is a bargain at $77,700. Upgrading the BB to a similar FP level costs almost twice as much. And the K7 has the power advantage over the BB from early-mid 5-1 to mid-late 5-3. Both magnums take up 8 inventory spaces though.

Sedated Cricket
10 months ago#13
oh, I thought I remember the longer barrel on the butterfly made it take two extra vertical slots but I guess I am mistaken, been awhile since I played though but I coulda swore it took less space than the BB which was half the appeal of it for me

edit - yeah you're right its the same space taken up for both

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Butterfly

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Killer7

Sedated Cricket
10 months ago#14
BimmyLee posted...
the K7 has the power advantage over the BB from early-mid 5-1 to mid-late 5-3

the butterfly only becomes more powerful than the killer7 once u get the exclusive for it, upgrading the killer7 firepower one time will put it above all firepower upgrades of the butterfly that isn't it's exclusive which isn't available until 5-3 just ahead of the ruins where the knife showdown happens with krauser which is practically on the end of the game stretch at that point

so for comparisons sake, $62,000 gets you a 30 firepower killer7 from one upgrade whereas butterfly reaches 28 firepower after investing a whopping $210,000 across six upgrades where it's firepower increases incrementally, only its exclusive will put it above the killer7

I like the cash I save from not using the butterfly, killer7 way underrated imo, but the butterfly does top out higher with it's exclusive

then again I've always been a sucker for avoiding the bandwagon weaponry, I've always been die hard fan of punisher riot gun bolt action rifle, though I used the striker shotgun semi auto rifle and butterfly on my first ever playthrough when I was still noob at the game but I dropped em after that for every other playthrough I did and have never used blacktail or red9 at all ever aside from selling stuff to buy em and upgrade em to piss around with for a bit before I just reload my file again

BimmyLee
10 months ago#15
Sedated Cricket posted...
which was half the appeal of it for me

Haha, how disappointing then.

And since you posted those Wikia links, I may as well mention that I'm pretty sure that the K7 does not have improved stability over the BB. The Wikia mentions:

''The gun's main attribute is its good aiming stability; enabling players to target faster, and makes long range shooting much easier.''

This misconception exists probably due to the K7's in-game weapon description:

''A very stable yet powerful .45 magnum.''

..Which seems to imply it's more stable than the BB. Problem is, some in-game descriptions and weapon stats are demonstrably inaccurate, so you can't simply trust them. Like for example, the in-game description says of the MineThrower's exclusive upgrade: ''Adds homing to mine-darts and increases their blast-radius'', when only the homing part is true; the blast-radius stays unchanged (6.0m). Another example (since you like the RiotGun), the in-game description says of the RG's exclusive: ''Increases the firepower beyond the weapon's threshold.", but it fails to mention it ALSO gives it an improved long-range damage boost, even better than the first-Shotgun's exclusive.

As far as I've tested (by observing the red dot drift as it reflects over targets at various distances), the K7 has the exact same stability as any other weapon in the game. The only two weapons that have better stability than the rest are the TMP+Stock and the Red9+Stock.

Now, I haven't tested on GC-US, so it's possible although unlikely these things are different on GC-US.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
10 months ago#16
Wow I would have never figured that out. That must be a harder spot to hit. I have the scope so that should make that easier but yeah. Is 2 to 4 a more impactful upgrade than 4-6? I have mine at 6 now. And that sucks the killer doesnt get an upgrade. If I knew that I wouldnt have bought it.

BimmyLee
10 months ago#17
Maybe I misspoke a bit, you don't need to aim precisely below him cos the 4 meter radius is quite large; the explosion delay is more bothersome. Btw, if you get the MineThrower's exclusive, mine-darts will have homing, so in Saddler's case I think this means they'll attach to the upper part of his human body. (I haven't used the MT's exclusive in a while tho, so I don't remember well if this is actually makes it easier or harder than without the exclusive, but you can try it.) I generally hate the exclusive tho, because the MT is most useful when you're able to hit the floor and walls around enemies, which the exclusive makes impossible to do with its automatic aiming.

Yeah 2 to 4 is more impactful than 4 to 6. 4 meters makes it just a tiny bit smaller than the radius of frag-grenades. I actually prefer to leave it at 4 because I find it enough for most situations, and the 6m radius makes it more dangerous for Leon and Ashley.

slaterastle
10 months ago#18
Wouldnt a bigger blast radius make it easier to hit him? I mean yeah I could see it being a pain staying clear of the radius but yeah. Good thing you're alone for Saddler or that would be annoying. I actually was happy whenever she got kidnapped cus it made things more fun. I mean I liked the segments with her in them also just less so but it did add variety. Good to know 2-4 is more impactful than 4-6 and that you dont need to be as accurate as with the rifle.

Do you know how much health the red cloaked assistant guy has?

BimmyLee
10 months ago#19
6m is fine too; I mean I'm not anti-6, lol. It's not that bothersome staying clear of the 6 radius most of the time, but it isn't ideal for narrow places like the Bulldozer in 5-2, so I generally prefer 4m. And yeah, obviously it's easier to hit Saddler with 6m.

The assistant guy aka Right-Hand aka Verdugo... I don't know the precise value, but it's around 320hp when frozen. The trick with him is that he'll have much reduced HP (haven't bothered to find the value of the multiplier) when he's frozen, so you should avoid attacking him when he's not frozen (there are 4 nitrogen tanks you can use to freeze him).

Knifing him is not that hard, but it takes long and it's not super-easy either, so it's not really practical (especially with the weak knife of GC-US). The only really good option imo is an rpg while frozen (it will kill him in a single shot, just need to make sure you hit him while he's standing up for some reason), that way you don't waste any ammo on him. A second best option would be using 16 x 20.0dmg BB rounds while frozen, but I have better uses for those rounds, so I don't like that option much. You can also skip him if you wait ~4 minutes for the elevator, but you'd miss the treasure he drops if you do.

slaterastle
10 months ago#20
yeah I skipped him but I kept a save file there and then I bought an rpg in that save by selling all this stuff just so I could say ive done it but like I wanna do it without an rpg. But dang dude like that's more health than the last boss pre special launcher. Does it matter where on his body you shoot him when he's frozen? I dont know if I even have 16 bullets in that save. I mean I guess other ammo could suffice but with the fact you only get 4 opportunities to light him up could then be a predicament. Thank you for telling me 320 tho that's definitely good to know.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived