Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
10 months ago#101
slaterastle posted...
Well basically theyre 3rd person action adventure games with a connected world. The max level is 711 I believe so the game is quite hard since you start at level 2. On top of that there are also things to troll you. But the games have a lot of cool elements also so ots a unique experience.

Without Sony there wouldnt be KH or FF7-12 (not 11) or Metal Gear Solid or Castlevania SOTN or Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted or Bloodborne or The Last of Us or Suikoden or Silent Hill or FF Tactics. And thats just off the top of my head. Yeah you can think Microsoft would have published all that but we dont know.

I'm not into RPG games that much, but by saying a "connected world" you mean it's like Final Fantasy games huh ?

And I also do guess it's just gonna be a real pain in the arse to max out your level from the very scratch and gonna take years to do so... lol is that true ??

> "Without Sony there would not be....."

Ahh so you mean the "Japanese" video game series that have got some fame among the gamers in all around the world, don't you ? Well in that respect I'd just say Microsoft really much ain't into gaming production on other platforms other than PC games, which are virtually outdone nowadays by comparison with the games on the consoles such as PS3, Wii, Xbox One or PS4 that are kind of more standard than the counterparts on PC. (At the least I don't see much others playing games that frequently on their PCs...)
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188400 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
10 months ago#102
slaterastle posted...
Im acoiding it but the DlC is there. It came with the 5 dollar game. Is it the best DLC ever?

I haven't played it. I'm gonna play it this time around. I just started Anor Londo. Rocking Catarina armor, Grass Crest shield, and Divine Zweihander.

slaterastle posted...
Well basically theyre 3rd person action adventure games with a connected world. The max level is 711 I believe so the game is quite hard since you start at level 2. On top of that there are also things to troll you. But the games have a lot of cool elements also so ots a unique experience.

Without Sony there wouldnt be KH or FF7-12 (not 11) or Metal Gear Solid or Castlevania SOTN or Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted or Bloodborne or The Last of Us or Suikoden or Silent Hill or FF Tactics. And thats just off the top of my head. Yeah you can think Microsoft would have published all that but we dont know.

I'm pretty sure the only games that you just listed that are actually developed by Sony companies are Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and The Last of Us (I could be wrong). But all the other games are just games that are exclusives. If Sony never came out with the Playstation, those games would most likely either be on a Nintendo (Sony was supposed to make a disc based console for Nintendo, but the deal fell through, hence the Playstation) or Sega console. Who is to say that Microsoft would have ever gotten into the console game if Sony hadn't.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
10 months ago#103
No dxm I actually mean the exact opposite. Most of the FF games have an overworld and places you can go into in the world. Here you walk directly from level to level and most of them have bosses.

Also yeah it would be a huge pain getting to max level and not even worth it since theres soft caps. But to get to level 100 isnt that bad if you know where to grind.
dxm8975 posted...
Ahh so you mean the "Japanese" video game series that have got some fame among the gamers in all around the world, don't you ? Well in that respect I'd just say Microsoft really much ain't into gaming production on other platforms other than PC games, which are virtually outdone nowadays by comparison with the games on the consoles such as PS3, Wii, Xbox One or PS4 that are kind of more standard than the counterparts on PC. (At the least I don't see much others playing games that frequently on their PCs...)

Uhhhhh alright. Sorry that's the best I can come up with.

I'll have to look up the stuff you're using cus they sound interesting. What level are you at/what are you leveling?

I havent played since I finished grinding. I'm sure I will sometime but yeah.

Sony was supposed to make the console for Nintendo? Holy dang Nintendo would be in such a better position if that had happened. But yeah it's nice to think those games would have come along. I think Square was actually gonna have FF7 be on the N64 but it wasn't strong enough to handle the 1.3 GB game so they went to Sony. I think it could be fair to say the same about Metal Gear Solid since it's 2 discs but I could be wrong. And if I had to pick Id rather have Uncharted, Ratched and Clank, and The Last of Us than Halo.

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
10 months ago#104
slaterastle posted...
No dxm I actually mean the exact opposite. Most of the FF games have an overworld and places you can go into in the world. Here you walk directly from level to level and most of them have bosses.

Also yeah it would be a huge pain getting to max level and not even worth it since theres soft caps. But to get to level 100 isnt that bad if you know where to grind.

I'm not sure if I understood what you really wanted to say here, but does this mean the Dark Souls games don't have the "Overworld" perspective which is typical in some of the RPG games in the early eras such as the Legend of Zelda or the Ultima ?? After having watched a couple of playthroughs by one of my Argentinian subscribers and another dude from the UK, it seemed pretty much like Metal Gear Solid series in terms of camera works of the games.

And as for the second sentence, yup but it shlould also apply to other RPG games and some of the action games which has the similar sort of system of raising up the player's in-game level by the "experience" points you earned in the game, once you come to tumble on where to grind your player level it just becomes a boredom to max out your player level, rather than a toil which tests out your skills in the game.

slaterastle posted...

I'll have to look up the stuff you're using cus they sound interesting. What level are you at/what are you leveling?

Unfortunately I'm not currently playing any of the aforementioned games, so I'd say I'm not even certain where I'm at in the games... lol

slaterastle posted...

Sony was supposed to make the console for Nintendo? Holy dang Nintendo would be in such a better position if that had happened. But yeah it's nice to think those games would have come along. I think Square was actually gonna have FF7 be on the N64 but it wasn't strong enough to handle the 1.3 GB game so they went to Sony. I think it could be fair to say the same about Metal Gear Solid since it's 2 discs but I could be wrong. And if I had to pick Id rather have Uncharted, Ratched and Clank, and The Last of Us than Halo.

I doubt Sony would actually improvise a gaming console for Nintendo even in the years to come(Nintendo had just launched a new gaming console named "switch" the other day but obviously it's not due to the requests from Sony) but I'd guess Nintendo just had to accept that it was just gonna be a better idea to try to make it available for the games developed by Sony on the consoles developed by Nintendo as well since they didn't have as much the capability of "giving birth" to such series of games endued with the possibility to become famous with great mechanics at some point in the future, as Sony did for the budget concerns to be able to thrive well in the gaming market, but who knows, it's the fans that are to determine which game series will gonna be a masterpiece or not rather than the developers themselves or their innate "talents" for creating such top-notch video games, so I'd suppose neither Nintendo not Sony did anticipate such outcomes, if not sharing the same circumstances / stances in gaming creation. :)

And regarding the data / memory capacities of the consoles, hm yes and no. The very first consoles often had only a very limited amount of the capacity by comparison to their contemporary counterparts from Sony, but in the case of some games as RE4, it was the versions on the consoles created by Sony that were the "downgraded" ones of their Nintendo counterparts, whereas it was the consoles by Sony that had more "storage" capacity of the data aside from the hardware stuff for the graphics and so on.
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188400 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

slaterastle
10 months ago#105
Yes that is correct. Its not entirely like MGS however because in that game there's like a path you follow whereas in this you're free to go anywhere you have access to and you have access to most of the game right after you beat the first boss.

The rest of the post was meant for cherry. But all that stuff does make sense lol.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
10 months ago#106
slaterastle posted...

dxm8975 posted...

I havent played since I finished grinding. I'm sure I will sometime but yeah.

I haven't played in a few days, I'm still at the start of Anor Londo. I think I'm around level 40ish? I'm currently pumping Faith

slaterastle
10 months ago#107
I havent played in a bit either. Ive been playin SMB3. I tried Battletoads but I kept floating in the air randomly and it broke the levels. I wish that werent the case cus the game's great otherwise.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived