Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
10 months ago#21
I don't think it matters where on his body you hit him, but I haven't tested so I'm not sure. He moves in a funny way when frozen, so it's safer to aim for the lower torso. For some reason sometimes he doesn't take full damage while he's laying on the floor or in the process of standing up, so to ensure full damage, hit him while he's fully on his feet (either still or walking).

Yeah, I just got that 320 from multiplying 16 x 20, but it could be anything between 300.1 and 320.0, I suppose. There's also the thing that some bosses have vastly different HP values (or rather some weapons have damage penalties/bonuses when used on bosses) depending on what kind of weapon you use, so other weapons/ammo may have different results.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
10 months ago#22
I wouldn't consider him "super easy", but I would say he was a bit of a disappointment to me compared to other bosses. I would list Verdugo (my favorite boss fight ever), U3, Krauser, Mendez, really any boss fight in the game as a more fun boss fight than Saddler. I just didn't find the fight that fun and honestly I was disappointed in the form he took. Not a very frightening final boss form in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and all of it's bosses, but I would say that the final boss was the most disappointing to me.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
10 months ago#23
I totally feel you. Salazhar was huge. And thank you for the info blimmy i will keep that in mind.

What games are yall playin currently?

BimmyLee
10 months ago#24
I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption for the first time; I must be nearing the end because the stats say I'm at 45% completion, and I'm not going for 100%. From what I can tell, the mission structure doesn't give you much freedom, so that sucks, but it's a nice relaxing game anyway.

You're welcome. Btw, in case you haven't figured out yet, you can beat all QTEs in the Verdugo fight by just mashing L+R+A+B together; knowing this makes the fight A LOT easier. That trick works in lots of other places in the game too. (And there are other QTE tricks for when that trick doesn't work.)

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
10 months ago#25
I haven't read all of the posts here yet, but personally I didn't find it particularly facile to defeat Saddler when I first gave it a try - I had great difficulty dealing with him without getting hit by the tentacle attacks when he started rushing toward me after the roar and began tramping across the floor, but with the PRL 412 it turned out damn easy and it basically takes only seconds to finish the battle lol.

Still, frankly speaking when it comes to "to what extent were the boss fights easy" I'd say Salazar was way easier than Saddler or Krauser to kill since all you need to do is just wait till he reveals his unprotected self in the core in the deadly attack with the tentacle, and shoot him with the rocket launcher. But, as BimmyLee already said in the first part of the thread it at times turns out to be astonishingly easy once you get to know how to kill each boss in a given strategy. :)

(As for how to defeat Saddle only by knifing him I'm not sure as I've never tried to kill him with a knife :) )
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 187500 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

slaterastle
10 months ago#26
Try salazhar without an rpg. It's harder than verdugo with one and saddler with the special. What's the PRL 412?

Yeah i figured L R A B worked but never had much trouble dodging enough to live.

Well I mean an order to story missions isn't like uncommon. Is there plenty of side missions/things to collect/ other things to do? Is the world huge? Ive heard it's better than GTA by some but am skeptical. I definitely plan on playing it sometime though.

Right now I'm playing Castlevania SOTN. Im amazed how you can see the credits by only beating 6 bosses and if I'm not mistaken there are 24? I just got to the "bonus half" (that's a ridiculous thing by the way) so that number might be wrong but yeah.

Are any of you watching any television shows?

BimmyLee
10 months ago#27
I don't remember being disappointed with Saddler on my first playthrough(s), but I've heard that opinion from a quite a few people. I think I found Verdugo to be the hardest; actually I found the game in general to be quite hard...and I played on Easy mode the first time, mind you, haha. Of course, you then get to know the game better and wonder how you could've ever thought it was hard.

Anyway, Salazar takes a bit longer without an RPG, but he's still easy. As long you keep Leon right next to the gate, you're clear of all his attacks except for the ''one-hit-kill bite''. I know OHK sounds menacing, lol, but dodging it is easy with the right timing. Also, he'll only attempt the OHK if you're taking too long to shoot and damage the ''eye/mouth'' thing, so you can avoid the OHK altogether.

He has ~240hp, so 10 x 24.0dmg BB bullets will kill him. On later versions of RE4, the Bolt-Action Rifle does 30.0dmg, so it only takes 8 rifle rounds to kill him, but on GC-US the BAR does only 18.0dmg, so It should take 14 rounds instead.

When you don't have enough magnum or rifle ammo though, I'd probably go for an RPG, as he's an ammo-eater if you try to kill him with handgun/tmp ammo.

I haven't played a Castlevania game since the SNES ones, haha. I liked the music in those games. About Red Dead, I wasn't clear before sorry, but I meant the structure within missions is too restrictive (from what I can tell; maybe there ARE some awesome alternative ways of doing things).

slaterastle
10 months ago#28
Oh I see you want to be able to do everything the way you want. Have you played Skyrim?

BimmyLee
10 months ago#29
No mate, I haven't really played Skyrim yet. I have it on PS3 but I put it on hold a couple of months ago. So far I only watched the intro and made me a cute lizard character, haha. I also have Oblivion on hold though, so I probably should play that one first.

I particularly dislike when a game forces you to murder dozens of enemies in order to advance; I like when a game gives you a pacifist (enough) route, so I can choose being a humanitarian, a mass murderer, or something in between.

slaterastle
10 months ago#30
Skyrim is pretty fun. I think you do have to kill stuff to beat missions tho. Ive heard its better than Oblivion but I havent played that one so idk. I played it on my laptop and it lagged a little so its probably better on console.

Have you played Undertale or MGS3? Those are both games where you don't have to kill at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived