Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 year ago#31
Thanks for the tip, didn't know that. I do have the Metal Gear collection installed on my PS3, but I haven't played them yet haha. (That's what happens when you'd rather play your 400th RE4 round than venturing into new games.)

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 year ago#32
How do you not get tired of doing it over and over again? Unless you're speedruning in which case what is your time goal? I sped ran Portal till I achieved sub 30 mins.

BimmyLee
1 year ago#33
Well yeah, I've definitely overdone it lol, but it's not the exact same thing over and over; RE4 has the most replayability in history. Speedruns aren't the only challenge-runs possible; they actually are one of my least favorite. A few examples of challenge-runs you can do in this game: no-merchant, no-damage, 100%-hit-ratio, 0%-hit-ratio, minimum-kills, minimum-shots-fired, no-attache-case, only-walking, handgun-only, etc. You can combine challenge runs to make them even harder; for example, unless it's really impractical, I like to add no-damage and no-merchant to any run I do.

Other than that, I'm obsessed with strategy and the mechanics in the game, so I've spent hours reloading the same area, trying different methods to do things; and also testing how the game behaves (item-drops, critical-hit chance, enemy hitpoints, etc.)

Portal is yet another game I plan to get to in the future...ha. Didn't know you could speedrun it this quickly.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
1 year ago#34
BimmyLee posted...
Well yeah, I've definitely overdone it lol, but it's not the exact same thing over and over; RE4 has the most replayability in history. Speedruns aren't the only challenge-runs possible; they actually are one of my least favorite. A few examples of challenge-runs you can do in this game: no-merchant, no-damage, 100%-hit-ratio, 0%-hit-ratio, minimum-kills, minimum-shots-fired, no-attache-case, only-walking, handgun-only, etc. You can combine challenge runs to make them even harder; for example, unless it's really impractical, I like to add no-damage and no-merchant to any run I do.

Other than that, I'm obsessed with strategy and the mechanics in the game, so I've spent hours reloading the same area, trying different methods to do things; and also testing how the game behaves (item-drops, critical-hit chance, enemy hitpoints, etc.)

Portal is yet another game I plan to get to in the future...ha. Didn't know you could speedrun it this quickly.

Now I love RE4 just as much as the next guy, but c'mon...in history?

BimmyLee
1 year ago#35
Cherrypoptart posted...

Now I love RE4 just as much as the next guy, but c'mon...in history?

Not counting Chess ;)

In all seriousness, yeah, there's no possible way I or anyone else can make that claim, but from the games I've played, it's by far the most replayable. It's funny because the game is almost linear, but somehow it doesn't matter because the attache-case&weapon system offer so much variety and freedom. I just wish it had a remix option with randomized enemy positions.

slaterastle
1 year ago#36
If you go into portal blind, I wouldnt be surprised if your first run through took at least 4 hours. But yeah there's crazy shortcuts you can do. The first place time on speedrun.com for glitchless is 16 minutes and 49 seconds.

I don't think RE4 has the most replayability of any offline single player video game. I mean yes it is opinion based because obviously the more a game is enjoyed the more it naturally becomes replayable whether or not there is actually objective replayability and this game is awesome but I can think of a lot of games that are more replayable. On speedrun.com as of this post there are 56 games that are more popular than it to speedrun. Heck, LIfe is Strange is probably more replayable than this and that is the worst example I can think of and RE4 is WAY better than that game.

The runs you have mentioned do sound interesting tho. Since you say speedrunning is your least favorite, that leads me to think you have tried it. What is your record time? Also how does 0% hit ratio work? Major props to no damage btw I don't have the patience for that. Another question is since I don't remember finding any guns on the ground, no merchant means you are just using the default pistol with no upgrades and the knife and 1 or 2 rpgs right? That is also impressive but if you add that to every run how do you not get tired of that or no damage? If anything that would make the runs seem even more repetitive than when you get to do whatever you want. But hey enjoying one game for eternity is much cheaper than playing many games so good for you man. I do understand doing things in games that seem pointless due to physical reward purely for the satisfaction. I beat the final boss of the true ending of Undertale without dying once and I'm the only person I know of that has bothered to do that. I have found one person who beat the final boss of the neutral ending without getting hit which is so ridiculous. She/He (I don't know which, profile pic is an anime character lol) said it took her/him 97 hours of grinding I believe to get that. That is only 5 hours less that I played FF13. Of course that doesnt count Trapezohedron grinding but yeah.

BimmyLee
1 year ago#37
Knowing me, I'll probably get stuck on a single Portal puzzle for 4 hours, haha.

I have done very casual speedruns. I've done a couple Pro/NewGame runs; I think the best I got was around 2h15m on X360. I also did a sub 3h NoMerchant/Pro speedrun once, but don't remember the time exactly; I actually really enjoyed that run and I might try it again.

For NoMerchant, there are 3 weapons you find on the ground: the shotgun in 1-1, the RPG in 3-3, and the BButterfly in 4-1. So you can use those plus the starting handgun, knife, and grenades. You can also do ''almost no-merchant'' runs if you want to add say a rifle ot tmp to the mix.

0% hit ratio is done by beating the game without using bullets or shotgun-shells, since only weapons that use either count towards the hit-ratio. So you can use knife, grenades, mine-thrower. Actually, if you make sure you aim the red-dot away from any targets (hitting the target only with the pellet spread), you can use a shotgun too, because doing that counts as a missed-shot.

Yeah, like I said it's not always practical or even possible to add the no-damage and no-merchant restrictions, so I don't always do that. There are some runs that while maybe technically doable with no-damage, it would take too much grinding, and that's not fun. 97 hours of grinding is too insane for me, and I've done some pretty insane things in games haha.

slaterastle
1 year ago#38
97 hours of grinding is absolutely crazy to me as well haha.

No merchant definitely sounds cooler now than with only pistol lol. I didn't know about the shotgun or the broken butterfly. Dang 2:15 is pretty good. 0 percent hit sounds quite hard. I think I would definitely want to get the rifle.

If you got stuck on a single portal puzzle for 4 hours then sub 17 minutes is particularly impressive haha. A first person game I've been interested in is Anti Chamber. Have you played that one? What other insane things have you done in games?

BimmyLee
1 year ago#39
I forgot to add it on my previous post, but for 0% you can also use an RPG, obviously, since it's not a bullet or shell.

Yeah, no-merchant is nice. The shotgun makes a humongous difference vs only having the unupgraded Handgun. The BB is not that helpful in comparison, but it's useful to speed up things.

Nah, haven't even heard of Anti Chamber. I see it looks similar-ish to Portal.

I've only really done crazy things on RE4 and GTA3. Minimum kills on RE4 is really annoying. If you play on pro, you first need to farm golden eggs for a few hours, and then retry for hours places like the Cabin, WaterHall, NovistadorCave, TowerLift, Bulldozer, etc. The first time you do it is way worse though; I was doing a Pro/MinKills/NoMerchant/0%HitRatio run a few months ago and things were going really smoothly until I got stuck at the 6 Knights in chapter 4-1...I need to retake that run. Minimum-kills in GTA3 is much harder.

slaterastle
1 year ago#40
So if RE4 is your favorite would GTA3 be your 2nd? Why is 3 better than 5?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived