Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
1 year ago#41
No merchant is harder than it sounds. I'm a fan of handgun only runs myself, it adds a lot more tension to the game. But it can also add some frustration...the water room, cabin, bulldozer all with just a handgun? Bosses are easier than you think they would be, you can knife a lot of them fairly easily. Salazar is a bullet sponge though. I think he takes like 500 handgun bullets. And the iron maiden on the North American Gamecube version. It is impossible to knife him without glitching. Trust me, I've spent HOURS trying at a time.

I've been working on my pro handgun run for years. Stuck at the bulldozer. Of course I haven't tried it again in like 5 years...Haha.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 year ago#42
How do you save 500 bullets? Also which ones the iron maiden again? And dang 5 years is a long time. I thought only knifing was possible is it not?

Cherrypoptart
1 year ago#43
You can acquire quite a few bullets throughout the game, and you can farm for handgun bullets with the plaga down below during the Salazar fight.

The iron maiden is the regenerator with spikes, the one holding a card key is the only one that you HAVE to kill during the game, which you have to use the handgun (or ditman glitch) on the North American version because the knife does less damage on that version, so they regenerate health faster than you can deal out damage with the knife.

It is not possible to use only the knife, there are certain areas where you HAVE to fire a shot. A knife only run typically consists of using an un-upgraded handgun in these situations. These are:

1) Chapter 2-1: 3 boxes at falls
2) Chapter 2-3: truck driver before castle
3) Chapter 3-1: Any monk abducting Ashley in the piggyback crank
sequence (but no other monks, only the ones that pick
her up, and only to make them drop her!)
4) Chapter 3-3: Wine bottle painting
5) Chapter 3-4: 3 restraints holding Ashley, and all enemies below until
all are dead
6) Chapter 4-1: 3rd flame-dragon rider
7) Chapter 4-1: Queen's Grail drill machine monks
8) Chapter 4-1: Drawbridge chains
9) Chapter 4-1: 3 blocks jamming clock tower gears
10) Chapter 4-3: Descending ceiling at mine carts (3 lights only). Not
grenade-able.
11) Chapter 4-3: 2 switches at mine carts
12) Chapter 4-4: Salazar. Not grenade-able.
13) Chapter 5-1: Storage Room Key Iron Maiden (not out-of-reach but not
knife-able in GCN NTSC version)
14) Chapter 5-2: 2 trucks on bulldozer ride
15) Chapter 5-3: 3 switches in the "It" suspended maze

(From the minimum shots fired FAQ by admiralhowdy)

slaterastle
1 year ago#44
Thank you for informing me, makes sense lol I didnt know you can farm handgun bullets so that's cool to know.

Oh yeah for some reason I was thinking Iron Maiden was a boss but nah. Those guys were easy with all the upgraded junk. They must be crazy on a minimum shots run.

Have YOU ever speedran this game?

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#45
Eh. I've started one but I never finished it. I'm not much of a speedrunner.

slaterastle
11 months ago#46
I think you gotta do it in one sitting for it to count. I'm not either tho, the only game I've gotten into speed running for was Portal. I've wanted to do others but the magic just isn't there. Mirror's Edge is awesome but I'll only ever be as good at it as I am at Portal 2. Have you played Mirror's Edge?

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#47
I played it a bit. I always enjoyed watching Metroid Prime speed runs.

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
11 months ago#48
Cherrypoptart posted...
You can acquire quite a few bullets throughout the game, and you can farm for handgun bullets with the plaga down below during the Salazar fight.

The iron maiden is the regenerator with spikes, the one holding a card key is the only one that you HAVE to kill during the game, which you have to use the handgun (or ditman glitch) on the North American version because the knife does less damage on that version, so they regenerate health faster than you can deal out damage with the knife.

It is not possible to use only the knife, there are certain areas where you HAVE to fire a shot. A knife only run typically consists of using an un-upgraded handgun in these situations. These are:

1) Chapter 2-1: 3 boxes at falls
2) Chapter 2-3: truck driver before castle
3) Chapter 3-1: Any monk abducting Ashley in the piggyback crank
sequence (but no other monks, only the ones that pick
her up, and only to make them drop her!)
4) Chapter 3-3: Wine bottle painting
5) Chapter 3-4: 3 restraints holding Ashley, and all enemies below until
all are dead
6) Chapter 4-1: 3rd flame-dragon rider
7) Chapter 4-1: Queen's Grail drill machine monks
8) Chapter 4-1: Drawbridge chains
9) Chapter 4-1: 3 blocks jamming clock tower gears
10) Chapter 4-3: Descending ceiling at mine carts (3 lights only). Not
grenade-able.
11) Chapter 4-3: 2 switches at mine carts
12) Chapter 4-4: Salazar. Not grenade-able.
13) Chapter 5-1: Storage Room Key Iron Maiden (not out-of-reach but not
knife-able in GCN NTSC version)
14) Chapter 5-2: 2 trucks on bulldozer ride
15) Chapter 5-3: 3 switches in the "It" suspended maze

(From the minimum shots fired FAQ by admiralhowdy)

What ? Oo I've never heard of such a thing that the regenerators recover their own health over time even though they for sure recover their damaged parts of the body when being shot by the firearms of the player character, or being slashed by knife several times in a row.
(Or do they recover their health as well on the NTSC GC edition ?)

But yes about the amount of damage you can give to the creatures by knifing, on the NTSC GameCube version it does far less damage than on other versions including on the editions of other platforms of the NTSC(NTSC PS3 or NTSC Xbox360, for instance) and on Wii versions of all region in general on which the knife is much more useful than on other versions thanks to the Wii mote.

And as to the number of handgun bullets you can take from the enemies as the loots it actually depends on your equipments in your inventory, you can have how many bullets you want when you have only pistols or rocket launcher (or both), but in general the game does give you only up to 70 (100 on amateur difficulty) if you have any of the weapons other than those two types of weapons - whereas the ammos you can take at certain areas of the run they're available in whatever condition or difficulty.

(E.g. If you have one Red9, rocket launcher AND normal shotgun(or TMP, Broken Butterfly, Mine Thrower or SAR) the game doesn't give you more than 70 bullets from the item drops from the enemies, while if you have merely three different handguns (Blacktail, Punisher, and normal handgun, for example) in your inventory or you have a Matilda handgun and an RPG-7 as your equipment the game gives you handgun ammos endlessly - which means that you can take handgun bullets infinitely by killing the face-huggers during Salazar fight in chapter 4-4, as you said in your earlier part of the reply. :-) )
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188100 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

slaterastle
11 months ago#49
Metroid Prime is legit. I guess I could get into speedrunning that but that would take a lotta work learning where everything is. I think ot's cool when they leave the boss at chozo ruins and fall off that cliff and then glitch their way back up to kill the ghosts before getting spider ball. I don't even think they get spider ball do they?

Also I didnt know if you only have the handgun they give you a ton of ammo that's very interesting.

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#50

dxm8975 posted...

What ? Oo I've never heard of such a thing that the regenerators recover their own health over time even though they for sure recover their damaged parts of the body when being shot by the firearms of the player character, or being slashed by knife several times in a row.
(Or do they recover their health as well on the NTSC GC edition ?)

I'm not really sure what you are asking here...Iron Maidens regenerate their health quicker than you can deal it out with the knife on the NTSC GC version. I have tried for hours to knife them. You can knife them in any other version, because the knife does more damage. I've knifed an iron maiden in the Wii version, takes less than 7 minutes if I recall correctly. I've tried knifing the NTSC GC version for hours, can't be done without the ditman glitch.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived