Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
10 months ago#61
Idk, I'm playing it right now and this topic appeared dead without me posting last so why not. What are you playin right now?

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
10 months ago#62
dxm8975 posted...
Cherrypoptart posted...
I have spent over an hour knifing at the iron maiden to no avail.

From VMerken's No Merchant Combat Knife/Handgun Guide:

*: In the NTSC Gamecube version, you cannot knife the Iron Maiden this way, due
to the monster's regenerative powers and the lower power of the Combat
Knife. In this case, you will have to use the Handgun to come out alive.
Shoot it from a safe distance - about 250 bullets are needed until the
monster croaks.

But that is on the NTSC version right ? I mean, on other versions including the PAL GC, PS3, Wii and Xbox360 and the Japanese version of all the consoles it's a different story - and in deed on the Japanese version of all the consoles there's no such thing as the "regenerating property" of both normal regenerators and iron maidens.

You have the right not to believe in it as apparently you've never played on any of the versions of Japanese consoles but indeed - like I said it's untrue and unwise to adhere to the unwavering belief that there has to be the health-regenerating stuff on every version of every console, for sure the Japanese versions have a lot in common with the PAL versions of the game but they're not precisely the same codings.

I don't know much about the game mechanics, I just know that I have spent hour after hour trying with no success on this version. You are probably right regarding the other versions, I wouldn't know as the only versions I have played are the NTSC GCN and NTSC Wii versions.

slaterastle posted...
Have any of you played Dark Souls?

Yes, love it, beat it twice.

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
10 months ago#63
Yep, Dxm seems to be 100% right about regenerators and iron-maidens not regenerating any health on anything other than the GC-US version. I got curious and tested on the PC-2007 version with the 0.4dmg TMP (which is lower than the 0.7dmg knife of GC-US). I fired at a very slow fire-rate of around 1 bullet every 3 seconds (much slower than knifing him), and the TMP still kills him. And it takes the same exact number of bullets whether you fire at that super slow fire-rate or if you fire at machine-gun fire-rate, so the iron-maiden is obviously not regenerating any hitpoints. (I ''softened up'' the iron-maiden with 24 Striker shells beforehand so it wound only take 15 or so TMP bullets to finish him off (I forget the exact value right now); I wasn't going to spend 3 hours doing all the damage with the TMP!)

This is quite interesting, as it's also true that regenerators are unknifable on GC-US, so they must be regenerating hitpoints. Another possibility would be that the programers made regenerators immune to the knife for some reason, but this cannot be because they are knifeable with ditman. Are we certain they ARE knifeable with ditman though? I spent some 20 minutes searching youtube to see if there were any videos of people trying to knife them on GC-US but I couldn't find anything, haha.

slaterastle
10 months ago#64
Why don't you try it then?

That's cool you've played Dark Souls cherry. What's your favorite weapon?

BimmyLee
10 months ago#65
I'd love to try it but I don't own the GC-US version.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
9 months ago#66
BimmyLee posted...
Yep, Dxm seems to be 100% right about regenerators and iron-maidens not regenerating any health on anything other than the GC-US version. I got curious and tested on the PC-2007 version with the 0.4dmg TMP (which is lower than the 0.7dmg knife of GC-US). I fired at a very slow fire-rate of around 1 bullet every 3 seconds (much slower than knifing him), and the TMP still kills him. And it takes the same exact number of bullets whether you fire at that super slow fire-rate or if you fire at machine-gun fire-rate, so the iron-maiden is obviously not regenerating any hitpoints. (I ''softened up'' the iron-maiden with 24 Striker shells beforehand so it wound only take 15 or so TMP bullets to finish him off (I forget the exact value right now); I wasn't going to spend 3 hours doing all the damage with the TMP!)

This is quite interesting, as it's also true that regenerators are unknifable on GC-US, so they must be regenerating hitpoints. Another possibility would be that the programers made regenerators immune to the knife for some reason, but this cannot be because they are knifeable with ditman. Are we certain they ARE knifeable with ditman though? I spent some 20 minutes searching youtube to see if there were any videos of people trying to knife them on GC-US but I couldn't find anything, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoCmbHcuZ8I

I'm fairly certain this video is the NTSC GC version.

slaterastle posted...
Why don't you try it then?

That's cool you've played Dark Souls cherry. What's your favorite weapon?

Zweihander

slaterastle
9 months ago#67
Well if you don't own the GC US version then which version is the best?

Right on. Why the Zweihandler? Right now I'm all about Great Scythe but that could change.

BimmyLee
9 months ago#68
Well, I haven't played all versions, but from what I can tell, GC, Wii, X360, PS3, and PC-2014 are all good versions. PC-2014 has the fastest loading times, followed by X360 and PS3, and they look better on higher resolutions, but they have some sound issues, occasional slowdowns, and apparently some missing graphic-effects. GC has slower loading times, but because it's the original version and not a port, everything runs as it should, so GC might be the best in that sense. I don't have the GC version only because I don't have a GC.

@Cherry, that's great, thanks for that link. It is the NTSC version indeed, he mentions it in one of the comments. I counted 467 knife slashes (give or take, it was difficult to tell at times), that's insane haha. There's one thing though; the video guy said, "I only used the 'Ditman Glitch' to fit the video in the 10 minute limitation", so he's implying it is possible to knife him without ditman. Unfortunately he doesn't say how long does it take without ditman, or if takes the same number of slashes. I know you've said you've tried without ditman for around an hour, unsuccessfully, so I'm assuming you did WAY more than 467 slashes and he still didn't die.

slaterastle
9 months ago#69
Does your Wii play GC games? If not then I'm sorry

BimmyLee
9 months ago#70
I think it does, but I don't have a Wii either. I still have my N64 hooked to my TV, that's the last Nintendo console I owned. I also had an NES and SNES, but the NES died and I sold my SNES because evidently I was an idiot. :(
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived