Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
11 months ago#91
Demon's Souls came out first. It's basically Dark Souls 0 and there's only one Demon Souls game which came out before Dark Souls. If you don't know what Dark Souls is like I'm happy to write about it.

Lol so you arent a fan of Playstation? If Microsoft didn't exist, the world would be fine, but if Sony didn't exist, things would suck.

Microsoft sucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHjN4oWVfk The amount of good Microsoft IP's is comparable to the amount of good Netflix originals, only one 1 great one, maybe 2 other decent ones, and the rest garbage.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#92
slaterastle posted...
Nice dude those guys are hard. You're moving quicker than me lol. Have you ever tried killing the asylum demom the first time you see it on a new character with the tiny being ring as your starting gift? It's insanity.

No I haven't, but I can imagine it would be hard. Where are you at in the game?

slaterastle
11 months ago#93
Just finished grinding in the painted world of ariamis. I have yet to kill Centipede, Fire Sage, Bed of Chaos, Nito, and Seath before Gwyn obviously. I wanna kill everything that doesnt respawn so idk what else there is but im sure its a lot. Im like level 113

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#94
If you REALLY want to kill EVERYTHING, than don't forget all the NPC merchants and stuff. But why would you want to kill what few friends you have in such an unforgiving land...

Anyways, I'm only at the start of Blighttown. Haven't played in a few days. I think I'm gonna go with a faith build.

slaterastle
11 months ago#95
I have been killing the NPCs. Im a lone wolf here lol.

Ive been Speedrunning Luigis Mansion lately. You ever played that game? Also did you use the red dragon to grind?

Cherrypoptart
11 months ago#96
No I haven't played Luigi's Mansion, but I've wanted to.

No, I'm not really much of a grinder. I think I was SL 85 or something when I beat the game both times previously. Are you playing with or without the DLC?

slaterastle
11 months ago#97
Im acoiding it but the DlC is there. It came with the 5 dollar game. Is it the best DLC ever?

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
11 months ago#98
slaterastle posted...
Demon's Souls came out first. It's basically Dark Souls 0 and there's only one Demon Souls game which came out before Dark Souls. If you don't know what Dark Souls is like I'm happy to write about it.

Lol so you arent a fan of Playstation? If Microsoft didn't exist, the world would be fine, but if Sony didn't exist, things would suck.

Microsoft sucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHjN4oWVfk The amount of good Microsoft IP's is comparable to the amount of good Netflix originals, only one 1 great one, maybe 2 other decent ones, and the rest garbage.

I'm acquainted with a guy from a south american nation on youtube who occasionally plays Dark Souls games and who had told me something as to the games, but sure you can do so just for me but if you wanna write about the stories on that I advise you don't digress too much from the main topic of the thread. :) Yet this thread was originally about the boss creatures and how resistant they are toward the players' attacks, one of you guys started talking about other games all of a sudden and it looks like everyone's okay with that. :)

And just outta curiosity, why do you think things would've sucked that much if Sony didn't exist ? Well as far as I'm concerned with what I've seen what Sony's doing these days it's not that much different to the others either in fact lol.
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188400 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
11 months ago#99
BimmyLee posted...
Yep, Dxm seems to be 100% right about regenerators and iron-maidens not regenerating any health on anything other than the GC-US version. I got curious and tested on the PC-2007 version with the 0.4dmg TMP (which is lower than the 0.7dmg knife of GC-US). I fired at a very slow fire-rate of around 1 bullet every 3 seconds (much slower than knifing him), and the TMP still kills him. And it takes the same exact number of bullets whether you fire at that super slow fire-rate or if you fire at machine-gun fire-rate, so the iron-maiden is obviously not regenerating any hitpoints. (I ''softened up'' the iron-maiden with 24 Striker shells beforehand so it wound only take 15 or so TMP bullets to finish him off (I forget the exact value right now); I wasn't going to spend 3 hours doing all the damage with the TMP!)

This is quite interesting, as it's also true that regenerators are unknifable on GC-US, so they must be regenerating hitpoints. Another possibility would be that the programers made regenerators immune to the knife for some reason, but this cannot be because they are knifeable with ditman. Are we certain they ARE knifeable with ditman though? I spent some 20 minutes searching youtube to see if there were any videos of people trying to knife them on GC-US but I couldn't find anything, haha.

Well yeah, when I first read what Cherry was saying here I was pretty much skeptical of the health-regenerating system since literally, there was no such thing about the regenerators(and iron maidens) recovering their health without changing the area in the versions I played, and the ideas about knifing them after triggering the ditman glitch just to finish off both of them with solely a combat knife. Yet I've never owned any of the US versions of RE4 I've played a lot of different versions of the game for a countless number of hours since it first came out in 2005, and also I've tested out myriads of the in-game tricks and glitches in various ways from different approaches occasionally, including how the damages of each firearm / grenades is counted per one hit just like what you did on the PC version, and it seemed like... there was no such thing as the system which helps the regenerators restoring their health over time, neither did I see any of the stuff being mentioned in my guidebooks and wikis. :) So it appeared like... unless you actually play the NTSC format of the game which is vastly different from the others on different consoles, what he mentioned in previous replies are neither here or there, and they pretty much seem odd to the others that have never touched the NTSC version of the game or not familiar with how the calculation of the damages you gave to the monsters works in the game. :)

Real honest, even though the game is over 10 years old and people have already posted about the glitches / tricks in the game here and there a raft of times on various gaming communities or in their posts on a certain thread of a website(speaking of gamefaqs there're some people out here who posted about them in their faqs), but I think this game has still got so much stuff to be inspected more by people on different versions from different angles, and chew over the differences of each format available as of now. :-)
My RE4 Records - Separate Ways : 26:18
Mercenaries - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188400 (Ada : 185700) / Water World : 203600 (Ada : 200300)

slaterastle
11 months ago#100
Well basically theyre 3rd person action adventure games with a connected world. The max level is 711 I believe so the game is quite hard since you start at level 2. On top of that there are also things to troll you. But the games have a lot of cool elements also so ots a unique experience.

Without Sony there wouldnt be KH or FF7-12 (not 11) or Metal Gear Solid or Castlevania SOTN or Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted or Bloodborne or The Last of Us or Suikoden or Silent Hill or FF Tactics. And thats just off the top of my head. Yeah you can think Microsoft would have published all that but we dont know.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the last boss is super easy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived