I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

User Info: JC1983

JC1983
9 months ago#1
Where'd everybody go?

Bingo?

I'm playing through again at the moment and I love it as much as I did back in 2005. Still one of my favourite games ever.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
9 months ago#2
Hi.

I have no idea who you are. >.>
the edge of nowhere

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
9 months ago#3
I wasn't here in 2005 (at least not with this username), but I frequent it now.

I also regret to say that my rifle run has been put on hold...haha. I'll pick it up again someday.

JC1983
9 months ago#4
Mookiethebold posted...
Hi.

I have no idea who you are. >.>

I had a different account back then and I wasn't prolific enough to be well known. Browsed a lot though.

User Info: RainbowBlaze

RainbowBlaze
9 months ago#5
I wasn't here in 2005, but I had another account around 2008.
What version are you playing? I'm playing the original PC version with mods.
Are you planning on doing a 100% run? I've actually been playing this game a lot recently as well.
I'm currently doing a run on professional so I can get the P.R.L. 412, I have all the other weapons so far. This game is still a masterpiece to this day. I've done around 12 playthroughs of this game in my whole life... xD

JC1983
9 months ago#6
I'm playing the 360 version that I got back in 2012. I still have the GC version and I got the PC version in a Humble Bundle. I'm doing a run on Pro to get the last achievent. I'll be playing through again on PC since I found out about the HD project (already installed the village and it's amazing).

GC version will always be the best though. After recently playing through Separate Ways, I was reminded that it wasn't really special enough to prefer other versions over the GC. Though it is nice to see it running at 60FPS on PC.

User Info: FlamingEdgeX1

FlamingEdgeX1
9 months ago#7
GCN version really can't be called the best man. I mean, I get having an attachment to it (I do too), but there are several ports of it that are objectively superior at this point.

JC1983
9 months ago#8
Definitely the PC has objectively better visuals, more content and runs faster. So it is certainly better. It is certainly mostly nostalgia talking with the GC version but I will say that the GC controller is much better suited to this game and the way the visuals have aged means the game still looks amazing on CRT televisions.

I finished it last night on Pro! Ended up being an easy last hour as I'd managed to save up a lot of herbs, first aid sprays, grenades and got to Saddler with a fully upgraded Butterfly. Surprisingly, all the challenging parts were the easiest for me and most of my deaths were either deliberate or at bits where I'd forgot about enemy placement.

Also tried out the Las Plagas gun finally. Not really very interesting.

User Info: FlamingEdgeX1

FlamingEdgeX1
9 months ago#9
Yeah but the game plays great with a dualshock and you can play the Wii, PS3, or 360 versions on a CRT.

User Info: cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel
9 months ago#10
I remember when I first saw this game 10 years ago. It looked so pristine. Like it was all golden and shiny.

But now...it looks so bad...When those graphics were the best we had they looked as good as HD to me...Like...my memories of the game are in HD...
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
PSN: Hajikelist009 NNID: cwjakesteel Mii: Cal
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived