I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
7 months ago#21
Ein_Soph posted...
Resident Evil 4's was probably the first video game forum I actually looked through. Before then, I'd used GameFAQs for the walkthroughs if I got stuck but never actually delved into the forums. I didn't make an account until much later but I remember I enjoyed lurking and seeing what people had to say about the game.

I was always intimidated to post on the forums back in the day. I started using GameFAQs forums for Starcraft: Brood War and Resident Evil 4, but I mostly lurked for years until I made this account.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
6 months ago#22
360 is the best version. It is superior to GC version in every way. Only exception may be in speedruns because of how some skip glitches don't work in the newer versions. Anyway 360 has better graphics (including cutscene police costume) and all the bonus content.

Why isn't Xbox One version better? Because Crapcom f***ed up completely. It could have been the greatest, but a quarter of the left analogue stick is deadzoned. That means it becomes COMPLETELY unresponsive if you try to move from right to forward (whether aiming or walking), or if you try to movie/aim up+right. It's honestly a horrible joke and it amazes me nobody notices and no one complains given how popular this game is.

PS3/PS4 I assume are the same as their respective xbox versions but IDK, never played.
Shoot first, think never.

User Info: cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel
6 months ago#23
LOOOPS posted...
360 is the best version. It is superior to GC version in every way. Only exception may be in speedruns because of how some skip glitches don't work in the newer versions. Anyway 360 has better graphics (including cutscene police costume) and all the bonus content.

Why isn't Xbox One version better? Because Crapcom f***ed up completely. It could have been the greatest, but a quarter of the left analogue stick is deadzoned. That means it becomes COMPLETELY unresponsive if you try to move from right to forward (whether aiming or walking), or if you try to movie/aim up+right. It's honestly a horrible joke and it amazes me nobody notices and no one complains given how popular this game is.

PS3/PS4 I assume are the same as their respective xbox versions but IDK, never played.

A quarter of the analogue stick being a deadzone is a serious and extremely noticeable issue. If no one brought it up it sounds like you're the only one who actually experienced it.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
PSN: Hajikelist009 NNID: cwjakesteel Mii: Cal

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
6 months ago#24
cwjakesteel posted...
LOOOPS posted...

A quarter of the analogue stick being a deadzone is a serious and extremely noticeable issue. If no one brought it up it sounds like you're the only one who actually experienced it.

I have made other topics about this and other people have said the same thing.

"I have the same issue. I've been playing RE4 since its GameCube release and now it just feels odd playing it. I think it's because it's the Ultimate HD PC port so we have PC controls on a controller (if that makes sense) Hopefully Capcom will patch it. It feels broken to me."

"There are dead zones on the Xbox One controller for the HD console versions of the game. There are certain angles on the analog stick in which the game does not accept any input (like you described). You will just have to find and get use to these angles if you want to play on the analog stick. You should be able to mess around with the controller settings (from the XBONE console settings) to try to reduce the dead zones. This is also why a lot of people do not like to speed run this version of the game."

"I have the same problem, it's annoying as hell especially in mercenaries. I loaded up my 360 version and it's so much better in this regard, but the visuals of course are much worse. I doubt anything will get patched for this, I'm sure Capcom doesn't want to waste anymore resources on a port of an old game. It's upsetting in general that problems like this exist on a simple port."

"This has been what's stopping me from playing, it's damn near unbearable."

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187183-resident-evil-4/74806483
Shoot first, think never.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. I haven't posted on this board for more than ten years.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived