Are the controls on GC as horrifying as on PS2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Are the controls on GC as horrifying as on PS2?

User Info: xamend1

xamend1
2 months ago#1
I'd like to give this game a chance, but Leon feels like a wooden box stuck in glue on PS2. How can anyone play it is beyond me. Literally feels like the worst game I've ever played. Is Leon actually playable on GameCube?

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
2 months ago#2
He's just as playable on GC as he is on PS2.

If you can't handle tank controls, that's cool. A lot of modern gamers can't. They're not too popular these days. The game might not be for you.

But that doesn't mean the game doesn't control fantastically. The game engine is incredibly tight. It's just not meant for the dual-stick control most gamers these days are used to.
Now Playing: Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Super Mario Kart, Starcraft 2
// Smash 3DS & WiiU // LUIGI, LINK, Falco, ROB
(message deleted)

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
2 months ago#4
It's actually you to be blamed that you can't get used to the older way of controlling the in-game character. :)

Well this is what those people grown up with modern games tend to whine in general, I guess...
RE4 speedruns - Separate Ways : 26:18, Assignment Ada : 5:34
Mercenaries scores - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188700 / Water World : 203900

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
2 months ago#5
I think that the controls are very suited to the game. Yeah, they might seem a little clunky at first, but they game is also over 10 years old. Once you get used to them, they are fine. They allow you to do everything that you need to do.

It's like going back and playing N64 games. You have to get used to the controls from the pre-dual stick era. But that doesn't make the game unplayable, you just have to get used to it.

dxm8975
2 months ago#6
Cherrypoptart posted...
I think that the controls are very suited to the game. Yeah, they might seem a little clunky at first, but they game is also over 10 years old. Once you get used to them, they are fine. They allow you to do everything that you need to do.

It's like going back and playing N64 games. You have to get used to the controls from the pre-dual stick era. But that doesn't make the game unplayable, you just have to get used to it.

With a bit of practice it will be fine to move the character with D-pad as well, even if you have to get accustomed to the controls, I suppose it will still be easier as opposed to classical Resident Evil games that don't feature the third person shooting view.
Mercenaries scores - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188700 / Water World : 204200

User Info: Final_Saint

Final_Saint
1 month ago#7
Game controls fine for a game released in 2005.
I've beaten Resident Evil 4 (54) Times.
PS2; (31) GameCube; (16) Xbox360; (5) XboxOne; (2)

dxm8975
1 month ago#8
Final_Saint posted...

... and it's better than some of newly released instalments of the series imo.
Mercenaries scores - Village : 207700 / Castle : 319470 / Base : 188700 / Water World : 204500

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 month ago#9
dxm8975 posted...
Final_Saint posted...

... and it's better than some of newly released instalments of the series imo.

Just some? I think RE4 controls are overall much better than all later and previous REs. The only thing Leon's missing is the ability to walk sideways, otherwise he feels like an extension of my body. And no other game I've played can touch the attache-case and aiming precision in RE4.

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
1 month ago#10
Controlz iz gud
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 4
  3. Are the controls on GC as horrifying as on PS2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived