NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#21
Okay, done with playing SO3 for the day. Time to update on my status.

Biwig and friends: Not as annoying as the four Stone-causing Vendeeni Soldiers. I killed Biwig first by accident XD

Proclaimer: Ugh, I had to revive Maria and Cliff a few times in this fight. This b**** is just as annoying as ever. A bit hard to get an offensive going at first, since she loves spamming that radial major.

Security Force Members in Arkives: The first time they decimated me because I was in the wrong battle formation; was too close to them as I got surrounded. I came into the fight in the Loose Line formation the second time, and made sure Cliff and Maria were far enough from them. One Scatter Beam was all that was needed to kill each one.

I was able to level up Sophia to 30 and get Thunder Flare. After I'm done leveling up enough, it will be time to take on Azazer, Belzeber and Berial.
Currently playing Exist Archive: The Other Side Of The Sky.
It was well worth the wait. Best game I've played in 2016.

User Info: Mad_Cartoonist

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#22
30 is where she is strong enough to handle random mobs with TF.
I'd say it's 42 where she learns Berserk, where you can be a bit more efficient at the casting reset.
President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub. Members: 38
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY PLOT ADVANCING LECTURE! GOT IT!?" - Noire

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#23
Currently struggling to level up the rest of my party (Albel, Fayt and Sophia). Cliff, Maria and Nel are already at level 40. I tried to take on Enforcers in Styx, and damn am I already hating their 6000+ MP. The safest enemies to powerlevel off from ATM are still those Porcupines in the Traum Mountains/Berequel Mountain Path. Though their randomness to come in anywhere between 1-4 of them still sucks.

4 of them = 4800 EXP w/ Triple EXP bonus with one alive character (Up to 8400 EXP w/ Gutsy Bunny), but some characters aren't made to handle all 4 of them alone (Glares at Albel).

Maybe I should try the underground Ruins of Mosel again. With the Mistress and Savior now packing Thunder Flare, maybe I can finally pwn that stupid Amoeba Giant. Then I need to try to kill Aurora Monster w/o accidentally using a Wind-based attack (Cough, Thunder Flare, cough).
Have you accepted Sophia Esteed as your Mistress and Savior? She sacrificed her own DEF so you could be saved from SO3 bosses, with the Thunder Flare Godlock.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#24
Motherf***ing Underground Ruins of Mosel...

Amoeba Giant: Took a couple to three tries to kill this guy w/ Sophia and the TF Godlock. Mainly because AI Maria decided to be a doofus the majority of the battle. Still easier than...

Aurora Monster: This a**hat made me use up every last Resurrection Elixir I had. Again AI Maria decided that she would act like a total nutcase, getting herself killed so, so many times. After almost half a dozen resets, I was able to beat this SOB.
Still waiting on a game in 2017 to perk my interest. So far the only game I want next year is Dragon Quest Heroes II.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#25
I did a trial run to see if I could do Sphere with Orichalcum weapons with a 1000 ATK bonus (With a total ATK of about 1500+ for Cliff and 1300+ for Maria). Here are the results so far.

The Security guys before Azazer: Just as A-holish as the guys I run into in Arkives, except they have more decent HP/MP. A few deaths happened before Cliff and Sophia were able to gangbang them to death.

Azazer: "Stop struggling and just die! ...Cliff!"
Poor Cliff suffered a few MP deaths during this fight. Eventually Azazer got himself gangbanged on when left open. Cliff got his sweet, sweet revenge with HoM.

I guess I'll find out soon enough if I can hack Berial and Belzeber with an extra 1000 ATK on Pulse Gun and Damask Gauntlets. If not, I'll see if I have to make enough money to make better Orichalcum weapons.
Still waiting on a game in 2017 to perk my interest. So far the only game I want next year is Dragon Quest Heroes II.

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#26
At this point, I actually shamelessly created 50% of Sophia's ultimate weapon, so most of my party are sort of a meat shield for her, while she blasts everything to oblivion from a safe range...

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#27
So I took the time to fight in Gemity Arena's Ranking Battle, and fought my long-time (And dangerous to fight against since anything can go wrong in a blink of an eye) training partners the Medusa Beasts.

Not only was I able to get the party to level 55, I managed to scrounge up about 300,000 or so Fol, so I was able to make some more Orchalcums. I synthesized and improved the most expensive weapons first (Maria's Gravity Laser and Nel's Laser Weapon). Lucky Nel ended up getting a 2,000 ATK boost on hers XD

Time to go beat up some more Medusa Beasts and see if I can finish the rest of the Orichalcumized weapons.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#28
I love it when for once, I have back-to-back boss fights in 4d where I'm not being downright annihilated :)

Belzeber and Berial: I heard that they're at their worst in 4D. I even thought that even with ATK close to 3,000, I probably would have problems getting the "Defeat Berial/Belzeber within 1 minute" trophy. No less the no damage one.
And what do you know--I scored both trophies! And the best part? NO ONE DIED.

Proclaimer/Enforcer/Convictor: All three of them dispatched of rather quickly thanks to the power of Orichalcum. And in all three fights no one died.

...Ugh. No...I don't want to go back to Kaddan again. Please, game, don't make me...oh motherducker!

Mad_Cartoonist
1 year ago#29
NeoRyujinZ posted...
Belzeber and Berial:

Well, it's a fight that can go horribly wrong... or look like this:
https://youtu.be/XkbnF0v3a0E

NeoRyujinZ posted...
...Ugh. No...I don't want to go back to Kaddan again. Please, game, don't make me...oh motherducker!

Hope you've been mapping that *itch

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
1 year ago#30
When I took them on in 4D, a 5k Atk Roger took a Power Up and Charge chained them in like 5 seconds each. Definitely a hit or miss fight, and oh boy, when it hits, it hits!
I'm sure someone who loves hearing themselves talk will be in to help you out shortly -VanilleHopen
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. NeoRyujin's 4D Escapades, Part III!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived