If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#11
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
Ignis: "I want Valkyrie Profile Threhh."

Square Enix: "Oh, you want Valkyrie Profile 3? We made that already! It's called Valkyrie Anatomia; you can import it now. ...For your IPod or Android."
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.55172124.2899/fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg

But in all seriousness, I both would like and am scared of a VP3. The VP nut in me craves this, while the more conservative side fears that it turn into be a crappier version of VP2.
Disgaea 5 for Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) N1 YOU CRAZY PEOPLE

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
1 year ago#12
*imagines a VP3 with FFXV budget*

Almost makes one's jimmies rustle.

Final Fantasy XV - home to more bugs than Klendathu.

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#13
NeoRyujinZ posted...
What I hope for an SO3 remake
1) All Battle Skills and symbols should get starting base damage multipliers and upgrade paths similar to how SO5 done them. The starter spells for Miki and Fiore were at level one with over 200% base damage!
2) Change the Laser Weapon so that it could up ATK and INT like SO4 and SO5's Laser Weapon.
3) Maybe Clair, Farleen and Tynave as new optional recruits?
4) While we're at it, please, for the love of Tria and the Elicoorian Pantheon give Farleen a better English VA!
5) Max Shockwave for Mirage too. Because why should Cliff have all the fun having a 7-hit Hadoken of Death?
6) Make Sophia's Meteor Swarm non-elemental again like with the original SO3.
7) Make Roger's Star Fall non-elemental again like with the original SO3.
8) Bring the Laser Suit into the game. It would finally give Adray better armor, and he could be more of a help as a party member.
9) Changes to the Bonus Battle Gauge. The rate of the BBG should always default at 100%. Keep the increased rate when facing higher-level enemies, but keep the default at 100%. There's no point in decreasing the rate when you have higher-leveled party members.

I'd like to make a do over.

1) All Battle Skills and symbols should a damage modifier system similar to that used in SO4 and SO5. This would significantly allow symbols like Explosion do far more damage per Cancel Bonus percentage than previously possible.
2) Put both in both an improved Laser Weapon that also boosts INT, and the Laser Suit.
3) Improve Synthesis to include the ability to synthesize armor and accessories like in SO4 and SO5.
4) Maybe give Max Shockwave to Mirage as well?
5) Still sticking with the Bonus Battle Gauge defaulting at 100%. There is no reason why it should decrease if you have a higher-leveled party compared to the enemies.
6) Increase the maximum CP! Preferably the 20 CP limit used in SO4. There is so much we can do with 15 :/
7) Either remove the need to use Synthesis Materials to synthesize altogether, or make them purchasable from Santa at a reasonably "high" price (I'd go for about 2000-5000 Fol). Because seriously--do you really want to go fight some Shadow Savants in Urssa Cave Temple to get some?
Disgaea 5 for Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) N1 YOU CRAZY PEOPLE

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
1 year ago#14
NeoRyujinZ posted...
Ignis: "I want Valkyrie Profile Threhh."

Square Enix: "Oh, you want Valkyrie Profile 3? We made that already! It's called Valkyrie Anatomia; you can import it now. ...For your IPod or Android."
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.55172124.2899/fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg

But in all seriousness, I both would like and am scared of a VP3. The VP nut in me craves this, while the more conservative side fears that it turn into be a crappier version of VP2.

isn't that actually VP4 though, you don't get to pretend Covenant of the Plume doesn't exist
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

NeoRyujinZ
1 year ago#15
Forced_Fruition posted...
isn't that actually VP4 though, you don't get to pretend Covenant of the Plume doesn't exist

Okay, fine.

I'm a bit wary of tri-Ace releasing a Valkyrie Profile game nowadays.
Disgaea 5 AND both Dragon Quest Heroes games for Nintendo Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) DAMN IT NINTENDO!!!

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
1 year ago#16
XD

I actually liked CotP. Not as much as 1 and 2, but it was still fun.
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
11 months ago#17
NeoRyujinZ posted...

*flushes Neo's mobile device down the toilet*

So, like I said, VP3 would be a great idea. It's a shame they never got around to making one :)

Final Fantasy XV - home to more bugs than Klendathu.

NeoRyujinZ
11 months ago#18
*flushes Neo's mobile device down the toilet*

(Shrugs) Thanks for finding that; I was trying to get rid of it anyway. Some random person sneaked that in my pocket.
Disgaea 5 AND both Dragon Quest Heroes games for Nintendo Switch? (Spits the Pepsi out of his mouth) DAMN IT NINTENDO!!!

User Info: XRhinehartX

XRhinehartX
11 months ago#19
I liked Covenant of the Plume, too. Nothin' wrong with a good SRPG, as long as it's GOOD.
"Listen to this guy, he's got your back." - Ecclesiastes273

User Info: Bandore

Bandore
11 months ago#20
I'm not a big fan of remakes, so I would rather SO 3 be left alone. I really do hope for SO 6 to be made, and that they put a great deal of time and effort into it as XRhinehartX mentioned. I want the series to continue on and succeed. Hopefully the next installment is great, and the fans will enjoy it:)
Justice is not the only right in this world. ~KluYa~ "Final Fantasy IV"
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. If there is so3 remake or so6 what do you hope

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived