You may or may not have heard about this, but... (SO series producers leaves SE)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. You may or may not have heard about this, but... (SO series producers leaves SE)

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
9 months ago#1
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/star-ocean-valkyrie-profile-producer-yoshinori-yamagishi-leaves-square-enix

I thought it was an April Fool's joke (The news came during April 1, after all). But apparently it's for real.

With how SO5 went, I can't blame him. He had to work with a budget; one that wasn't even enough to make it more than just the bare minimum. He might work for another company (I say he should go to Spike Chunsoft and make a spiritual successor to SO), or even create his own company.
A sequel to Cyber Sleuth, Dragon Quest Heroes II coming to the West, and SO3 HD. 2017 is off to a good start for me.

User Info: Video_G_JRPG

Video_G_JRPG
9 months ago#2
Aww I though this was joke too :( I hope he gets to make a bigger and better game with more freedom
Visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HLcjMhyys2zymHqPT7JIQ
Click the about section and chat on facebook, tweet me and much more

User Info: SnorlaxationKH

SnorlaxationKH
9 months ago#3
SO5 was gorgeous to look at (even with Miki looking a little off), and the voice acting was great (for the main cast at least), but sadly the gameplay and story (which were bland) looked even more by the numbers by comparison. Not to mention it made me miss SO3 tremendously, and wish we could get it remade.

I also hope he goes on to have more freedom to do with as he pleases. The SO series wasn't perfect, but it was great.

NeoRyujinZ
9 months ago#4
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/star-ocean-valkyrie-profile-producer-yoshinori-yamagishi-joins-monobit-vr-division-head

Wow. That was quick.

So he's interested in VR? I'm not really interested in that virtual MMORPG he puts first priority to, but probably the other VR stuff could draw some interest.

I would rather settle for just a regular game, really.
A sequel to Cyber Sleuth, Dragon Quest Heroes II coming to the West, and SO3 HD. 2017 is off to a good start for me.

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
9 months ago#5
same

I have zero interest in current VR
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

User Info: Aithere

Aithere
9 months ago#6
As far as I recall, Yamagishi had nothing to do with SO5. He was done with the series after SO4. The last thing he produced was the VP mobile game.
https://twitch.tv/aithere

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
9 months ago#7
*inhales*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............

Oscar See Through Red Eye.

NeoRyujinZ
9 months ago#8
Aithere posted...
As far as I recall, Yamagishi had nothing to do with SO5. He was done with the series after SO4. The last thing he produced was the VP mobile game.

Ah, I see.

At least I know that he didn't lend a hand in creating that massive disappointment known as SO5 :)

Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
*inhales*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............

I know--I'm sad this happened too. But at least he's finally free from the guys who messed up our favorite JRPG series (Thumbs up) :D
(message deleted)

User Info: Mad_Cartoonist

Mad_Cartoonist
9 months ago#10
NeoRyujinZ posted...
At least I know that he didn't lend a hand in creating that massive disappointment known as SO5 :)

Now we know why SO5... uh... didn't live up to the expectations.
*giggles*
President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub. Members: 38
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY PLOT ADVANCING LECTURE! GOT IT!?" - Noire
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. You may or may not have heard about this, but... (SO series producers leaves SE)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived