Clean Race tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: acetuner

acetuner
6 years ago#1
The title says itself. I been trying for ages and couldnt get it for the clk gtr. I been thinking about just waiting until I have enough points and getting the NFS edtion.

User Info: RedHawk4

RedHawk4
6 years ago#2
Getting a "clean race" simply means that you can't hit anything while racing. I assume that you knew that part, but...what you may not know is that you don't actually have to win the race, lol. Just complete a clean race without hitting any cars, opponents, walls, railings, etc. and you will unlock the CLK-GTR. I did it by simply driving at about 50 MPH for the whole thing.

acetuner
6 years ago#3
HP2 just ripped me off. I did a clean race with my 911 turbo nfs edition[look like some guy from the underground got to the porsche. poor porsche.] against a single diablo 8 laps advanced and I didnt get the car. I think I just going to wait until I have points for the NFS edition of the CLK GTR. Is it any good?

RedHawk4
6 years ago#4
The NFS Edition is just about the same as normal, but it comes in a blue/orange color scheme. You're certain that you didn't hit any walls or other cars or anything that would inflict damage on your vehicle?

acetuner
6 years ago#5
Yes I'm certain. Unless jumping counts which all jumps where smooth. I took only 1 shortcut for a lap and the rest of the race was on the road[was about to say street but it isnt apporiate] Does getting the camera trick nullfied this?I did it for about 3 or 4 laps.

RedHawk4
6 years ago#6
I really don't think so, and jumps/driving on the road isn't supposed to nullify a clean race. I honestly don't know why you didn't get it then...oh, actually, I think you may need to do the race against a full grid of opponents. I seem to recall having to do that myself, and I did it in National Forest. It's worth a shot.

acetuner
6 years ago#7
It doesnt say that in the car seleciton but it's worth trying. I just did that 10 lap endurance race with the Mclaren F1 LM. It was long but suprisingly not boring.

RedHawk4
6 years ago#8
Oh yeah, was that the race on that island? Man, that stunk having to do that, lol. I remember having trouble with it.

acetuner
6 years ago#9
Well I sure knew how to drive around that island after that race. Plus when do the cops give a warning on the radio saying the helicopter is about to throw out a missle?

RedHawk4
6 years ago#10
I don't think they ever do, it's just something that happens.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived