Does Anybody Play Pazaak

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PERSON_OF_DOOM

PERSON_OF_DOOM
9 years ago#1
I find it really boring and it doesn't pay out enough.

Swoop racing's where it's at.
Sig is in my quote.

User Info: Matt_E_Phillips

Matt_E_Phillips
9 years ago#2
Sop hating on Pazaak. It's fun, damn it!

Swoop racing is frustrating, though.
You awaken, knowing it was but a dream.

User Info: IlluminaZer0

IlluminaZer0
9 years ago#3
Pazaak in KoToR 2 is much better. ;)

User Info: RabidMidget00

RabidMidget00
9 years ago#4
I am convinced that the AI cheats at pazaak. There have been too many times that I have stood on a 19, only to have the computer get a 20, for it to be a coincidence.

And the rewards really aren't worth it. You have to spend a lot of credits just to build a good deck before you can start winning, so you have to win a ton of games just to break even.

IlluminaZer0
9 years ago#5
IMO the rewards in KoToR 1 are worth it, however I also feel the computer cheats.

Regardless if the cards are "fixed" (too many "natural" 20s for it to be a coincidence), you are at a disadvantage by default as you always go first in KoToR 1.

~~

In KotoR 2 the game goes faster, the computer goes first every once in a while, and there is a larger variety in cards. ;)

Strangely enough, there also seem far less opportunities to play Pazaak in KoToR 2...

IlluminaZer0
9 years ago#6
^^

Well... By "worth it" I mean the money you get out of it is good. If I meant "worth it" relative to real life time spent then HELL NO.

;)

User Info: PERSON_OF_DOOM

PERSON_OF_DOOM
9 years ago#7
Yeah every other place I walk into has a guy wanting to play Pazaak in KOTOR.
Sig is in my quote.

User Info: Radjek

Radjek
9 years ago#8
I really like Pazaack. Granted, there are some glitches with some of the players, and the rewards aren't amazing (Suvam's discount is nice though...), but I find it to be a nice distraction during gameplay.

I do agree however, the game in not entirely fair in KotOR 1. Too many times I lost because the computer constantly gets twenty w/o using a hand card. KotOR 2 did seem to address these issues however.

User Info: Matt_E_Phillips

Matt_E_Phillips
9 years ago#9
What the hell is up with that dude in the Lower City Cantina on Taris?

He ****ing cheats.
You awaken, knowing it was but a dream.

User Info: RabidMidget00

RabidMidget00
9 years ago#10
It's too bad you can't get Zaalbar to play pazaak for you. Maybe the AI would not cheat then.

Han: Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.
C-3PO: But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.
Han: That's cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees have been known to do that.
C-3PO: I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived