Whoa...that fabulous "Ding" sound

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EverQuest II
  3. Whoa...that fabulous "Ding" sound

User Info: gildedgirth

gildedgirth
9 years ago#1
I just got the game last night to test things out. I'll probably have more questions later.

But I hit my first level and I was treated to the familar "DING" sound. It immediately conjured up all my memories from EQ1. Strange that such a sound can stir up such memories, as I haven't even touched that game in probably 5 years.

I love the fact that you have mini-dings too, just like in EQ1 and DAOC (dark ages of camelot).

Anyway hearing the "ding" was almost worth the price of admission for the game. I love the class diversity. I'm testing out 3 MMO's that I missed out playing in the game and this might be a winner.

Anyone else love that EQ "ding" sound? So simple but so nice.

User Info: Crono19

Crono19
9 years ago#2
Ahhh the ding. All your hard work is worth it just to hear that sound.
"I'm going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"

User Info: Vargz

Vargz
9 years ago#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVF-gurlJw

Nostalgia overload
o:

User Info: Keianna33

Keianna33
9 years ago#4
I am not sure if they changed it, but back in EQ1, when you 'Dinged', your hp/mana didnt fill up, so it was common to ding/unding in roughly the same moment. I loved that in EQ2 when you leveled, you were given full hp/mana. the mini-dings I think came shortly after, but I do not remember them during the first month (Nov 04).
I have nothing more to say.
  1. Boards
  2. EverQuest II
  3. Whoa...that fabulous "Ding" sound

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived