LOOK HERE before asking a question pt. lV

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia
  3. LOOK HERE before asking a question pt. lV

User Info: Kratos15354

Kratos15354
11 years ago#1
This revamped version of everyone's favorite topic has been re-done so as to classify posts by spoilers instead of having the whole topic marked for spoilers. The Q&As I'm putting in first are going to be grouped by when the question becomes relevant in the game, which I have broken into three segments: before going to the Tower of Salvation, after the Tower of Salvation through the Flanoir doctor scenes, and everything after the doctor scenes, including the ending. If you have a question about the game and cannot find the answer in a faq or a pre-existing topic on the board, feel free to ask here or make a topic about it. This topic is designed to keep questions from being asked repeatedly, which will annoy people.

I'm going to say this one more time to make sure people don't get modded needlessly, this topic is not marked for spoilers. If you are asking a question or giving an answer that contains spoilers, give a warning and indicate around what part of the game is being spoiled: this will help people find answers faster. None of the spoilers given in the first few posts will be anything major that will ruin the game for you, so don't fret too much about it. Without further delay, let's get on with this exciting topic.

Some tips on using this topic and finding answers elsewhere:

- Use Ctrl + F to search for a key word. This is a powerful tool that many programs support. Just type in a word you are looking for and the computer will search the page for it and bring you right to it. This is VERY useful when looking through the faqs to find one little piece of information.

- Use the topic search feature provided by Gamefaqs. At the bottom of every topic list is a search field. Type in a word and it will look through all the topic titles on that board for that word. It would be nice if it searched the messages within a topic, but Ctrl + F can do that for you.

- When asking or answering a question, please <i>italicize</i> the question and <b>bold</b> the answer to make it easier to spot questions and answers among any possible bumps or other discussion.

One more thing, please do not break my string of posts until I say I am finished.
Want a second opinion before contesting that moderation? Go to Hellhole: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/gentopic.php?board=573081

Kratos15354
11 years ago#2
Q: how do i link techs?

A: you can only link techs in order of level, meaning you can't start with a level 3 tech then link a level 1 tech to it, unless you use the super chain ex-skill for kratos/zelos.

any level 1 tech can be linked to a level 2 tech that isn't derived from it (i.e. you can't link demon fang to fierce (or double) demon fang)or any level 3 tech, any level 2 tech can link to a level 3 tech that isn't derived from it, this doesn't apply to combination techs like raining tiger blade and beast sword rain.

sword rain: alpha can't be linked to a level 3 tech until after you have used it 200 times.

using lloyd's ability plus ex-skill he can link a second level 1 tech to his first, and then continue the combo as normal, even using a level 2 tech derived from the first level 1 tech used.

for combos try using different techs, don't use techs like sonic thrust that push the enemy away or techs like beast that knock them down.

Q: What level should I be for [insert boss or town here]?

A: Different players have different level needs based on how good they are at battling. Without knowing how good you (or any other player is), I can't give an accurate recommendation. The best thing you can do for yourself is level up and train if you use many items or have a tough time battling. If it's a boss that you are having trouble with, and you have checked the boss faq(s), then feel free to ask for advice.

Q: What is the location of every GRADE for material shop in the game?

A: The customizer in Palmacosta, the customizer in Asgard, the customizer in Flanoir, and a man outside of the House of Guidance near Meltokio. Do not buy Metal Spheres from the man at the House of Guidance, there is a glitch that takes the GRADE cost for the Metal Sphere, but you do not get one.

Q: Where is the best place to level up?

A: The best place to level up is Niflheim. All you have to do is find a blue floor with the floor effect earned experience increased. Find a place where a skull monster respawns and just stand there. I was getting 1.2k exp. each battle, regular exp. I went from level 150 to 250 on a recent 10x exp. file doing this. Just be sure you know what you're in for before diving head first into Niflheim. If you don’t want to risk or can’t access Niflheim, just train in the current/previous dungeon.

Some of my favorite leveling places are the Balacruf Mausoleum, grass outside of Ymir Forest, and Torent Forest, but none of these compare to Niflheim.

Q: What does [insert accessory] do?

A: To find out what a piece of equipment does, equip it to a character and go to that character's Status menu, then press down on the C stick. Attack Attribute, elemental strengths and weaknesses, as well as extra affects from equipment are listed here. If there are several extra affects listed, remove the other equipment on that character and check again. Small/large HP/TP regeneration means 1% or 3% of your max HP or TP will be regenerated in battle every six to seven seconds.

Simply because this is asked a lot, the Yata Mirror recovers 1% of your max HP and TP every seven seconds during battle. Now you have NO EXCUSE to make a topic asking this.
Want a second opinion before contesting that moderation? Go to Hellhole: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/gentopic.php?board=573081

Kratos15354
11 years ago#3
Q: What's a Hi-Ougi?How do I perform them?

A: A Hi-ougi is a very powerful tech that includes a facial cut in of the character using it. There are only 3 Hi-Ougi's in the US version. They are Lloyd's Falcon's Crest, Genis's Indignation Judgment, and Colette's Holy Judgment. Here's how you perform them:

Lloyd's Falcon's Crest: You must have the Eternal Swordsman title(It DOESN'T have to be equppied), you must equip the Material Blade, and you need to be in red health(16% health left). Then press Attack(Default A), Tech(Default B) and Block(Default X). An easy way to get the button sequence down is to hold guard and press and hold attack. When you are guarding again, press tech. Falcon's Crest follows the same rules as any other intermediate or advanced level spell, which means you can only have one intermediate or advanced level spell active on the field at a time. If another one of your characters is using such a spell, you must wait for it to end before you can use Falcon's Crest.

Genis's Indignation Judgment: You must have used Indignation at least 50 times and you need to be in overlimit. Then cast it and Genis will have a white circle under him. If you have the Spell Charge EX Skill, you can use two Indignation Judgments per one overlimit. Simply charge the first one, then start casting Indignation before the overlimit ends. Have Genis do a physical attack to unleash the charged Indignation Judgment.

Colette's Holy Judgment: You must have used Holy Song and Judgment at least 50 times each. Cast either one and it will RANDOMLY happen.If you use Holy Song and the word "Target" doesn't appear above Colette's status picture, then it's Holy Judgment. If you cast Judgment,you won't know until she finishes casting. You can keep casting Holy Song and canceling it if the target icon appears until you get Holy Judgment, but it may still take a while.

Concerning Devil's Arms...

The Devil's Arms are a set of nine weapons used by a demon hunter to defeat the dark Lord Nebilim long ago. Nebilim cursed them with his malice and hatred. Most of them have zeros and negative numbers for stats, but don't be fooled: they are potentially the most powerful weapons in the game.

Completing the quest of gathering the DAs is rather simple, especially if you follow the Devil's Arms faq. Just be aware that you need 8 people in your party to start the quest and be able to find the black treasure chests. Also be aware that you need to have Fafnir before you can get Disaster.

Once you have all nine DAs and have defeated the boss at the end of the sidequest, the DAs true power is unlocked and they will do extra damage above and beyond the Attack stat. Since the beginning of the current playthrough, the game has kept track of how many enemies each character has defeated in battle. This kill count will affect the amount of extra damage the DAs will do. Every two kills, no matter which weapon was used or if a spell was used, a character makes, the DA used by that character will do one more point of damage. Each character has his/her own kill count that is not affected by that of any other character. ALL KILLS COUNT BEFORE UNLOCKING THE DAs AND AFTER UNLOCKING THEM. The stats of the DAs will never ever change, only the damage they do in battle. If you buy the Battle Data option in the Grade Shop, the kill count for every character is carried over, making the DAs even more powerful once they are unlocked again.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#4
Q: How do I play multiplayer?

A: To do multi player:

-Have a controller plugged into socket 2.

-Put the character player 2 wants to control in the second spot in the party.

-Go to that character's tech menu, highlight the character's name, and press start to switch from auto to manual or semi-auto.

-Repeat the above steps replacing 2 with 3 and/or 4 for more players.

This only works in battle, so only player 1 gets to move around outside of battle. Also to keep the camera from zooming in on player 1, it helps to have player 1 keep his/her distance from monsters. This works well as Genis and Raine.

Q: How do I learn techs that are in blue?

A: Techs appear in blue when you are at or above the required level and are on the correct side of the T and S bar. You need to do any or all of the following: (a)use a prerequesite tech at least 50 times, (b)forget the blue tech's opposite, i.e., if you are trying to learn Double Demon Fang, you cannot know Fierce Demon Fang, (c)keep using the prerequisite tech until you learn the blue one.

Q: How do I switch someone to T side from S or vise versa?

A: What type you are is determined by the EX skills you have equipped. Every skill is either T or S type. Equip a majority of one type and after every battle that character is in, his/her T and S guage will move towards the majority type. The larger the majority, the better. That is to say that having a majority of four will be more beneficial than having a majority of one. You officially change types when the bar crosses the center.

Q: Where is the Sword Dancer?

A: The first Sword Dancer is in the cave on Ossa Trail. He is there until you beat him or talk to the man in Hima about riding his dragons.
The second SD is in Gaoracchia Forest. From the save point, go up one screen and follow the first path down and to the left. He will only be there if you have defeated SD 1 and have Raine in your party. He is available until you form a pact with Luna.
The third SD is in Iselia Forest near the exit to Dirk's House. He appears if you have defeated SD 2, have gotten a Fragment of Mana, and have Lloyd, Colette, and Raine in you party. He will remain there until he is defeated.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#5
Q: Where do I get the best equipment?

A: *Possible SPOILERS for locations and some enemy names, but nothing earth shattering*

Lloyd:
Kusanagi Blade - received after defeating third Sword Dancer. Highest Slash stat weapon.
OR
Valkyrie Saber - received after winning Advanced Class Singles as Lloyd in the coliseum. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Mumbane - dropped by Garr. Beat advanced party mode in the coliseum and win the exhibition match.
Golden Helm - treasure in Derris Kharlan. On the second screen, it is on the far side of the first platform.
(Rare Helm) - buy in Flanoir weapon shop after doctor events.
(Star Helm) - treasure in the Tower of Salvation's third visit. Should be in one of the large rooms with a warp and save point, but may be before.
Hyper Gauntlet - dropped by Abyssion.
(Rare Gauntlet) - buy in Flanoir weapon shop after doctor events.

Genis:
One World - won by winning the Red Light/Green Light mini-game on the Tethe'alla bridge. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Star Cloak - dropped by Farah Oersted. Beat advanced party mode in the coliseum and win the exhibition match.
Aifreed's Hat - complete the sidequest with Aifreed. See the sidequest faq for more info.
(Star Cap) - treasure in Latheon Gorge. In the third screen, let the blue flower on the lowest cliff blow you across the ravine. Revive the orange flower and let it blow you towards the waterfall. The chest is on the left.
Shield Ring - treasure in Torent Forest and Vinheim. Near a water fall on the right hand side of the fourth screen in Torent Forest. Go down past the save point, then right. It's also in one of the rooms in Vinheim. I don't remember which, so check each room and behind each couch.
(Star Bracelet) - treasure in the Tower of Salvation's third visit. After Presea's scene, it is on either the left or right branch.

Colette:
Angel's Halo - received after winning Advanced Class Singles as Colette in the coliseum. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Elemental Guard - treasure in Vinheim. It is on the top floor hidden around the corner on the left.
Magical Ribbon - treasure in Derris Kharlan. On the second screen, take the left hand path and always go up and left when at a fork. It is on a dead end.
(Elemental Circlet) - dropped by Seles. Beat advanced class singles in the coliseum anytime when Zelos is with you, then win advanced class again and defeat her.
Shield Ring - see above.
(Penguinist Gloves) - made in Flanoir accessory shop from three Penguinist Quills.

Kratos/Zelos:
Last Fencer - dropped by Seles. Beat Advanced Class Singles as any character in the coliseum while Zelos is in the party, then beat advanced class again. Defeat Seles.
Golden Armor - buy from Koton at Hakonesia Peak after viewing the last scene. If you did not give Koton the Spiritua Statue before the first visit to the Tower of Salvation, you cannot get this.
Golden Helm - see above.
(Rare Helm) - see above.
(Star Helm) - see above.
Star Shield - treasure in the Tower of Salvation third visit. It's in one of the rooms with the platforms and blocked ways. Explore all areas before taking the warp.
(Rare Shield) - treasure in Latheon Gorge. In the third screen, let the blue flower on the lowest cliff blow you across the ravine. Let the flower blow you southeast, then open the chest near the bottom of the screen.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#6
---
Want a second opinion before contesting that moderation? Go to Hellhole: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/gentopic.php?board=573081CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS POST

Q: Where do I get the best equipment?

A: *Possible SPOILERS for locations and some enemy names, but nothing earth shattering*

Raine:
Crystal Rod - received after winning Advanced Class Singles as Raine in the coliseum. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
OR
Heart of Chaos - last of the Devil's Arms to be collected. This is Raine's best weapon due to it's +50 Intelligence stat.
Spirit Robe - dropped by Maxwell. After obtaining the Derris Emblem, go to Exire. Walk up to the elder's house and up the front stairs, then walk counter clockwise around his house. Follow the path behind and examine the stone with the Ruby, Opal, Aquamarine, and Garnet equipped to any characters.
Magical Ribbon - see above.
(Elemental Circlet) - see above.
Shield Ring - see above.
Draupnir - customized in Heimdall and treasure in Latheon Gorge. The chest is on the highest level in the cave on your way up the cliffs. Second best defense, but included since there aren't enough of the better things to go around.

Sheena:
Divine Judgment - received after winning Advanced Class Singles as Sheena in the coliseum. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Kannazuki - given by Chief Igaguri after viewing the last scene before the final boss. You must do the sidequest to get Sheena's Successor title to get this.
(Shaman Dress) - treasure in the Tower of Salvation third visit. In the area after the scene with Regal, it is in the lower area.
Magical Ribon - see above.
Maid's Hairband - treasure in Ymir Forest. On the island with the save point where you got the White Seed is a chest hidden behind the tree. Open it for the Maid's Hairband.
Shield Ring - see above.
Draupnir - see above.

Presea:
Gaia Cleaver - received by talking to Ralph at Ozette when Presea is over level 80. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Prism Guard - treasure in Vinheim. It is in one of the rooms on the right side of the castle. Check each of them and behind couches.
(Star Guard) - treasure in the third visit to the Tower of Salvation. Around the stairs on the right side of the tippy bridge that you drop a rock on.
Magical Ribbon - see above.
Hairpin - treasure in Iselia Ranch. It's in one of the rooms with two other chests before you get to the control room.
Hyper Gauntlet - see above.
(Star Gauntlet) - see above.

Regal:
Dynast - received by talking to Master Levin at the Hot Springs when Regal is over level 80. Talk to a prisoner in the dungeon of Meltokio Castle before going to the Hot Springs. Must have seen the final scene before warping to the final boss to get this.
Mortality Cloak - treasure in Vinheim. Check every room and behind couches. I think it's on the left side.
(Phoenix Cloak) - treasure in the Tower of Salvation third visit. It is on the top area where you drop the rock to balance the bridge.
Aifreed's Hat - see above.
(Star Cap) - see above.
Shield Ring - see above.
Draupnir - see above.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#7
This post will contain *SPOILERS* up to, but not including, the Tower of Salvation.

Q: Max won't show up in Izoold. I can't find Lyla, either. How do I get to Palmacosta?

A: If Max, Lyla, and the man that tells you about Aifreed are missing, you inadvertently started a different path, commonly called the "hard path," by going to Hima, and now you must finish it in order to get to Palmacosta. Just do what your characters tell you to do. If you forget, check the yellow entries in your synopsis. Or if you are too lazy, follow the steps below:

1. Visit Hima to learn about Boltzman's healing technique that is in the Tower of Mana.

2. Go to the Tower of Mana to learn that it is locked. Now go to Luin and speak to the priest. Go to Asgard and speak to the priest here. You might as well go beat the wind master while you are here to get the Map of Balacruf.

3. Go to Balacruf Mausoleum and speak with the priest outside to get the key to the Tower of Mana. Go up the steps and beat the wind seal.

4. Go and beat the Tower of Mana. Return to Luin.

5. Go to the Asgard Ranch. After running away, go to Hima and speak to Sophia to get the Desian Orb. Go back to the ranch and beat it.

6. Go to Lake Umacy to learn that you need Undine. This will make Max reappear in Izoold, and you can continue like normal, except that you have much better weapons and armor. You will still need to talk to the fat man and Lyla if you did not before they disappeared.

Q: When does the secret shop in Palmacosta open?

A: It never opens. It's only purpose is for the Orienteering mini game.

Q: How do I get into the lighthouse?

A: You can't. The only thing it is for in the GCN versions is the Orienteering mini game.

Q: Where do you train with Kratos?

A: There are a total of four training scenes which must be viewed in the following order:

1. Go to Palmacosta. Talk to the guard on the right outside Dorr's main building.

2. In Asgard, beat the fake wind demon. Go get Raine back and sleep in the expensive Inn (400 gald).

3. When you escape from Asgard Ranch, there is a guy where the weapon shop was. Speak to him before leaving Luin.

4. Before you leave to The Tower of Salvation, talk to Kratos twice when you've all split up.

Note: If you pick the 'Hard Path' (visit Hima first) you can only get the Palmacosta one.

Q: Sheena hasn't join me at Luin. Will I ever get her?

A: If she didn't join you at Luin after it is destroyed, she will join you when you get surronded at Asgard Ranch. You don't need to worry, it isn't possible to miss her.

Q: I beat the Balacruf Mausoleum, but Luin isn't destroyed. What do I do now?

A: Luin is only destroyed after you release three seals and Colette learns Holy Song. If you have been to Palmacosta, release the seal of water at Thoda Geyser. If you have not been to Palmacosta, release the seal of light at the Tower of Mana.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#8
This post will contain *SPOILERS* up through the Flanoir doctor scenes.

Q: Can I beat yggdrasill at the Tower of Salvation the first time?

A: No, he is impossible to beat. The battle ends after 2 minutes, you do a certain amount of damage or if you die.

Q: How do I get the skit "Mizuho, the Mystical Village?"

A: After Lloyd gets the Gentle Idealist title, wander around Mizuho until the skit appears.

Q: How do you initiate the skit "Paw Mania"?

A: Paw Mania is a title for Presea that she gets after the skit "Poke Poke." The Poke Poke skit must be seen after you are told to go to the Temple of Lightning and form a pact with Volt, but before you go inside the temple. It can take a while for Poke Poke to show up, so just wander around on the overworld until it appears.

Q: How do I get the Paw skit?

A: To see the Paw skit, you must have already seen the Poke Poke skit on the same playthrough. After defeating the three dragons, you will be right outside of the Temple of Earth. Just move around on the world map until Paw appears. After the skit, Regal will get the title Paw Dandy.

Q: I can't see Seles in South East Abby, the guards won't let me and I already beat Latheon Gorge, what do I do?

A: When you were told that you needed the Mana Leaf Herb, you were also told to get Zircon. Regal said that his company, the Lezareno Company, delt with Zircon. Go to Altamira and talk to George in the third floor of the Lezareno Company, then go down to the second floor. Once you find out where some Zircon is, go to the Imperial Research Acadamy in Sybak. The Zircon is in the first room in the hallway on the first floor.

Q: When can I fight in the coliseum

A: You can enter the coliseum anytime you have eight characters after you meet Seles at the Southeast Abby.

Q: How do I get Kratos back in my party?

A: When you go to Flanoir to get the doctor, you will be forced to stay in the inn overnight. During the night, three people will knock on your door and ask you to go outside with them. Do not go outside with anyone who knocks. Kratos will call you outside, and if you do go out now, he will join you when you get the Material Blades.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#9
This post contains *SPOILERS* after the Flanoir doctor scene through the ending.

Q: I beat the advanced class at the coliseum, but I didn't get the good weapon.

A: In order to get the weapon, you must defeat the Dark Dragon in Vinheim, then watch the scene behind the door he guards. DO NOT USE THE WARP! It will take you past the point of no return. Now return to the coliseum and beat advanced class, and you will get your weapon. Viewing this final scene also opens up some other sidequests.

Q: Help I can't activate a side quest.

A: It is probably because you need to see the scene past the final door or you don't have the people necessary for that sidequest. Ex. you need Raine, Colette, and Lloyd for sd3. Also you cannot get Colette’s maid costume if you pick the Kratos path by speaking to him in Flanoir when you get the doctor.

Q: How do I get the Sacred Stone?

A: To get the Future, Past, and Sacred Stones, from the first big room in Vinheim, go to the right side and through the door. On the far side of this room is an enemy that just stays put, even if it sees you. Kill it to make a chest appear. Go to the left side of the castle and go up one flight of stairs and go through the door. Get to the top of the stairs and use the door on the right. Go across the room and through the door. Open the chest for one of the stones. Go back to the spiral stairway and keep going up, checking each room as you go. When you find an enemy just floating there, kill it to make another chest appear. Open it to get the other stone. Now you just have to solve the block puzzle in the main room. Walk near the red and blue squares to make blocks appear. Now you must push them onto the correct teleporter in the correct order, then push it into the gap to make a bridge. The correct order for the left side is black, dark blue, red, and purple on the brown button. On the right side it is yelow, green, light blue, and white on the button.

Q: What is Niflheim and how do I get there?

A: Niflheim is a cursed book that contains the underworld. To enter it, get the Sacred Stone from Vinheim, then talk to an elf with green hair on the second screen of Heimdall. Go to Sybak and examine a large book on a bottom shelf in the corner of the library. Make sure you save before you go in. For further info, look in the Niflheim faq.

Q: What is this EX Gem MAX and what do I do with it?

A: The second form of the final boss drops an EX Gem MAX and can also have one stolen from him/her. In order to use it, you must buy the option that carries over EX Gems in your inventory from the Grade Shop. The EX Gem MAX lets you choose any one of the sixteen available EX Skills for a character. All it does is make changing between skills on different level EX Gems easier.

Q: What did Lloyd name the tree?

A: No one knows for sure, but it is widely believed and strongly implied that he named it Yggdrasill. The evidence for this is that there are several references to Norse mythology, and in Norse mythology the tree that holds the three worlds together is called Yggdrasill. It also links Tales of Symphonia to Tales of Phantasia, which occurs in the same "world," but many many years later. ToP has a mana producing tree called Yggdrasill with a guardian by the name of Martel.

Q: Can I keep playing my file after I beat the final boss?

A: You can as long as you don't save over your file when you save after the credits. That save you make will take you to the Grade Shop and start a new game.

Kratos15354
11 years ago#10
Q: What is this Tech Glitch that everyone keeps talking about?

A: The tech glitch is a method of getting both the T and S type level three tech from one tree. You can only do the tech glitch if the tech tree starts with a level one tech, has 2 level two techs, and at least 1 level three tech. In the end, you have the level one tech, 1 of the 2 level two techs (often your choice), and both level three techs.

Prep steps for the tech glitch: The character needs to be above the required level to learn the level three techs and should have at least 50 uses of the level two tech that will not be gained. Your T and S guage should also be very close to the center to allow you to change types quickly. This isn't necessary, but you should also increase the character's luck as much as you can. Luck is one of the factors that determines when you learn a tech, and the higher the better.

Let's use Lloyd as an example and tech glitch so he has Tiger Rage (T) and Twin Tiger Blade (S).

1. Make Lloyd S type and have used Heavy Tiger Blade at least 50 times. Move Lloyd out of the first slot (if he isn't already). Make a shortcut for Lloyd's Heavy Tiger Blade on C-up or C-down for whichever character you put in the first slot.

2. Move that character with the shortcut out of the first four slots. Go to Lloyd's tech menu and make him forget Heavy Tiger Blade and disable Tiger Blade. Put the character with the shortcut back in the first position. DO NOT look at his/her tech list or you will have to start over.

3. Enter battle in a dungeon and use the shortcut to order Lloyd to use Heavy Tiger Blade. Keep using it until he learns Twin Tiger Blade. If he does not learn Twin Tiger Blade before the battle ends, get into another battle. If you are fighting on the overworld, the shortcut will disappear after one battle. This is not true of battling in a dungeon, though.

4. Switch Lloyd's EX Gems or give him the Technical Ring and change him to T type. It is important that while he was changing type he could not use Tiger Blade, which might cause him to learn Heavy Tiger Blade again, forcing you to start over. Once he's T type, either use a shortcut or control him yourself and have him use Tiger Blade until he learns Tiger Rage.

5. This step is only necessary if there is a second level three tech to learn, which isn't the case with Tiger Rage. Since you are the correct type, either keep using the tech you just learned or whatever it takes to activate the next tech. Voila, you've done the tech glitch.

One important thing to know about tech glitched techs is that you can link Tiger Rage to Twin Tiger Blade. You could not with Heavy Tiger Blade because they are two techs of consecutive level from the same tree.

And that should do it for now. Hopefully this will get stickied within a day, so a lot of bumping should not be necessary. The other non-stickied version will be closed shortly.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia
  3. LOOK HERE before asking a question pt. lV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.