Max wanted level?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: certaindeath

certaindeath
4 months ago#1
Hi all, I just made an account to ask this: how do I get six stars? So far I can only get four (I tried with cheats too). Do I have to complete a mission for it to unlock? I want to get a tank

Also, the cops in this one are really stupid. Even the swat guys will park next to you, get out, and then run away before they start shooting. They get stuck trying to run through things, and I often end up killing them before they can open fire. One time a cop got out of his car and just stood there looking at me and scratching his head while I shot him. It was pretty funny

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 months ago#2
certaindeath posted...
Hi all, I just made an account to ask this: how do I get six stars? So far I can only get four (I tried with cheats too). Do I have to complete a mission for it to unlock? I want to get a tank

Also, the cops in this one are really stupid. Even the swat guys will park next to you, get out, and then run away before they start shooting. They get stuck trying to run through things, and I often end up killing them before they can open fire. One time a cop got out of his car and just stood there looking at me and scratching his head while I shot him. It was pretty funny

You need to unlock the western island in order to get up to 6 stars. Similarly, once Starfish is unlocked, you can gain 5 stars. The easiest way to get a tank is the "Sir, Yes Sir!" mission.

Are you new to the game? Don't see a lot of new faces around here. Glad to have you!

certaindeath
4 months ago#3
FooFightersFan posted...
certaindeath posted...

You need to unlock the western island in order to get up to 6 stars. Similarly, once Starfish is unlocked, you can gain 5 stars. The easiest way to get a tank is the "Sir, Yes Sir!" mission.

Are you new to the game? Don't see a lot of new faces around here. Glad to have you!

Thanks! A friend lent it to me once but I never got to play it much, was more into San Andreas at the time. Now I'm realizing what an amazing game this is!

I was exploring and I found a mall that only had cops walking around, do you know why that is? (I'm still at the beginning so no spoilers please)

I guess I should stop messing around and play the story, haha

User Info: clu82

clu82
4 months ago#4
certaindeath posted...
I was exploring and I found a mall that only had cops walking around, do you know why that is? (I'm still at the beginning so no spoilers please)

Were they wearing tan uniforms or navy? If tan, they are indeed police and there was probably some kind of small bug with pedestrians spawning. If navy, they're the 'PIG' security guards that spawn around the malls and Starfish Island. The game actually treats them as a gang, and indeed you can sometimes see them being chased by the police.

As far as messing around is concerned, that's what the game's for! I'd also recommend doing as many of the side missions as you can stomach before starting on the story, it makes the game more enjoyable.
--
There are those whose time is due for steep decline. If you can't find the spot where their time stops, just ask who built the clocks.

certaindeath
4 months ago#5
clu82 posted...
certaindeath posted...

Were they wearing tan uniforms or navy? If tan, they are indeed police and there was probably some kind of small bug with pedestrians spawning. If navy, they're the 'PIG' security guards that spawn around the malls and Starfish Island. The game actually treats them as a gang, and indeed you can sometimes see them being chased by the police.

As far as messing around is concerned, that's what the game's for! I'd also recommend doing as many of the side missions as you can stomach before starting on the story, it makes the game more enjoyable.

You're right lol, I've been having so much fun just messing around. Loving the game so far, great atmosphere.

Yep, it was a bug, they were all wearing tan. It was the mall all the way north-east of the map. I just went back and saw a navy PIG outside the mall shoot at a police car then run away. Now there are mostly pedestrians in the mall, and hookers

FooFightersFan
4 months ago#6
Yep, it was a bug

A bug? Don't see a whole lot of bugs. Sometimes you do run into situations where you get a lot of the same type of NPC, but that's just the random generation function of the game I guess.

And yeah, just cruising around and enjoying the game is so much fun. The first couple hours of doing that is priceless, and you can never replace it. I still have fun doing it, but I've spent so much time just driving around, killing people, discovering all the things to do in the game, that it just isn't the same anymore. Its fun to live vicariously through new players!

certaindeath
4 months ago#7
IFooFightersFan posted...
Yep, it was a bug

A bug? Don't see a whole lot of bugs. Sometimes you do run into situations where you get a lot of the same type of NPC, but that's just the random generation function of the game I guess.

And yeah, just cruising around and enjoying the game is so much fun. The first couple hours of doing that is priceless, and you can never replace it. I still have fun doing it, but I've spent so much time just driving around, killing people, discovering all the things to do in the game, that it just isn't the same anymore. Its fun to live vicariously through new players!

I'm actually playing on android, maybe that's why. I just did "Four Iron" and it gave me a flashback from like 10 years ago. Am I close to unlocking the west island yet?

Now the mall is full of cops again! It made the rampage tough because there were four standing next to me and I immediately got two stars.

And I like Foo Fighters too :)

FooFightersFan
3 months ago#8
Ah, I didn't realize you ever responded.

I made this account many years ago when I was obsessed with the Foo Fighters. I still like them, but probably not enough to warrant naming my account after them. Still, it's gotten a lot of comments over the years and Dave Grohl is a badass.

I'm sure you've unlocked the West Island by now, but you're not super close at that point. You need to do Guardian Angels, then the tailing mission and then Phnom' Pen '86. The mission following that, The Fastest Boat, or something to that effect, should be the one to open up the West Island. You may need to complete some missions in between/before the ones I listed to keep progressing. I don't remember exactly how the mission order goes.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived