Quick Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Catalyst_black

Catalyst_black
7 years ago#1
I know this game has ended, but before it did, was there any mention about Goliath? It's the short story written by Neil Gaiman as kind of a precursor to the actual films. It details a human being recruited by the Matrix to fight of an alien invasion. Was there any mention of this in the storyline of the game?
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931

Catalyst_black
7 years ago#2
Oops, I forgot this. It's the website where the story is posted.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/cmp/neil_g.html
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931

User Info: Bedman

Bedman
7 years ago#3
It was never mentioned, nor were any of the other comics, really. The way I understand it, Goliath was never really intended to be canon, but was more something Gaiman wrote after hearing about the concept of the Matrix, and was more just inspired by it rather than meant to be part of the storyline. It's an awesome story, but it does have some major conflicts with what the Wachowskis wrote for the films.

I do seem to recall something in Goliath about being able to see the green code of the Matrix while still being someone trapped inside, which was actually something they incorporated into MxO. It wasn't really meant to be a reference to Goliath, as far as I know, but it was similar, and ended up giving people heart attacks :D
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
7 years ago#4
The comics were largely (if not entirely) ignored. The closest we ever got to an alien presence would be the Oligarchs, a group of centuries-old freeborn humans, preserved in android bodies, with a heavy degree of power and control over the Machines.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

Catalyst_black
7 years ago#5
It's jacked up if it wasn't kept canon. I love this story it's one of the best stories Neil Gaiman's written for another franchise. Right up there with the recent Batman: Whatever Happaned to the Caped Crusader?

Can I ask what conflicted with it. I know the Matrix Mythos is huge, so I never was able to effectively get a hold of all of it.
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931

User Info: Bedman

Bedman
7 years ago#6
Off-hand, one major conflict Goliath had is the fact that the Matrix simulated the entire planet, including places in other countries. I think it mentions something about a server cluster being hit by an alien missile and "London going offline." The filmmakers have stated that the Matrix actually only simulates one giant unnamed city and a surrounding mountain range.
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe

Catalyst_black
7 years ago#7
Okay, thanx.
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
helloMaximum Overdrive46/14 12:05AM