Do You Think It Is Likely That...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix Online
  3. Do You Think It Is Likely That...

User Info: Cellik_Bhoy

Cellik_Bhoy
8 years ago#1
... This game could re-emerge in another form maybe?

I was thinking either another company taking up the matrix or the company that made this game making another game very similiar in style to the matrix online?

I only ask as I started watching the films again and would have given this a try if I had got the chance :(
"The United States... The United STATES... Of EURASIA"

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
8 years ago#2
" thinking either another company taking up the matrix "

Doubtful, as SOE was the *second* caretaker of MXO.

"or the company that made this game making another game very similiar in style to the matrix online?"

The Agency has some former MXO developers working on it, and includes at least one location from MXO, club Succubus.

Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: atari2600dude

atari2600dude
8 years ago#3
I think it's always possible someone could buy mXo and bring it back thru ads and micro transactions but unlikely. i mean if hardly known mmo MYST online could get another chance thru gametap though that failed. but matrix is popular movie i could see company with idea and resources grabbing it.

User Info: ganon445

ganon445
8 years ago#4
No, let it die. Those who made it I wouldn't trust to play any of their video games and then SOE took it over and changed it more. I remember three months after it was released you could buy this game for 99cents

atari2600dude
8 years ago#5
just because YOU hated it doesn't mean this game can't succeed elsewhere there is alot of players who would play it again free with micro transactions. i thought fanboys where bad but your hate toward mXo is just wrong.

User Info: ganon445

ganon445
8 years ago#6
Unlike other games out there this is the only one that sold for 99cents after release. There are plenty of MMO's that went free after while and still helped bring in a profit, this didn't obviously and this brought about its shut down.

atari2600dude
8 years ago#7
yeah i know didn't catch on gets repetitive. but i still enjoyed it and loved it. if it was F2P with micro transactions like freerealms or soon dungeons and dragons online i think more people would play they could take break without having to be billed $15 a month.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix Online
  3. Do You Think It Is Likely That...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived