The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

It is...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: msouth468

msouth468
2 years ago#1
Still out there....
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."
I have a rendezvous with death

User Info: AmegaiShiryuu

AmegaiShiryuu
2 years ago#2
I had no idea there was a board for this. At all. I was just searching for Matrix games and... wow.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
(~G) State Alchemist of the OVERlords. ***~Official OVERlord Seal~***

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
2 years ago#3
Alas, MXO shut down in 2009. It was never a polished game. Some might say it was never really finished. But man, what times we had. Most immersive storytelling ever. And such a great community, too.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

AmegaiShiryuu
2 years ago#4
I always wanted to play MXO back in its heyday. Couldn't afford it and my computer couldn't have run it, but man, I enjoyed reading up on some of the stuff happening back then.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

kou urake
2 years ago#5
The ironic thing is that some people had to -downgrade- their computers in the later days. NVIDIA cards after the 7900 had a serious lag bug, and Windows Vista had graphics corruption. My memory of it all is still pretty sharp, if you have any questions about the story or any gameplay aspects, etc.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

AmegaiShiryuu
2 years ago#6
I've had some crap from NVIDIA before so I could see that happening. What were some of the bigger events that happened across the years? Like Morpheus, what did he do after Revolutions? I think I recall some trouble stirring up with him at the head of it when the Machines refused to give back Neo's body but I honestly don't remember, and something about a couple of warring factions.

kou urake
2 years ago#7
Morpheus, in particular was probably the most shocking case of canon-affecting story stuff, especially how early it happened. He went on a campaign of using code bombs - devices designed to destabilize The Matrix - in an attempt to coerce the Machines in to revealing what happened to Neo - to return his body, if he was in fact dead. This earned the Machines' wrath. And, as this was a violation of the terms of the very truce Neo established with the Machines, Zion command disavowed Morpheus, branding him an outlaw. The Merovingian used this opportunity to exact his revenge for all the trouble Morpheus caused during Reloaded and Revolutions. He acquired the services of an incredibly lethal exiled program, called the Assassin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtJElkAYAA

I have plenty more stories, but I figure that's a good start.

User Info: Will446

Will446
2 years ago#8
kou urake posted...
Alas, MXO shut down in 2009. It was never a polished game. Some might say it was never really finished. But man, what times we had. Most immersive storytelling ever. And such a great community, too.

That's not true. This was one of the worst games ever this board also had a rule you were never allowed to say anything bad about the game since the reception was so bad all the topics were negative if anyone said anything negative even if someone asked if this game was good the post would be deleted.

Needless to say Best Buy was selling this game for 99 cents within six months. This game was so bad they couldn't even salvage it for free2play.

You were also apart of the same group running to the message board help forum years ago trying to get all negative posts removed.

kou urake
2 years ago#9
AmegaiShiryuu posted...
and something about a couple of warring factions.

Initially, the Truce Neo brokered between the Machines and Zion was adhered to. Zionites could free any human that chose to take the Red Pill of their own volition. Both had their share of Cold War style espionage and loopholes, but direct conflict between the two was stalled for a good two or three years. Eventually, the Machines discovered that Zion had built a second city, more well fortified than the original. With EMP lined tunnels being the only way in, it was essentially Sentinel-proof. The Architect immediately called off the truce upon this discovery.

There were other sides in the conflict, of course. The Merovingian and his vast menagerie of exiles continued to manipulate the situation to his own benefit. The Cypherites emerged - they scorned the real world and sought to keep as many humans alseep in their pods as possible, while exacting brutal acts of sabotage and murder on Zionite forces. The Kid, who you may recall from the sequels and Animatrix, wound up starting his own organization, E Pluribus Neo. Almost cult-like in their adoration of Neo, they broke ranks with Zion's military and embarked on a crusade to free humanity from the Matrix, truce or no truce. The mainstream membership were never quite as radical as Morpheus during his final days, but they had fringe members that were particularly disruptive to the stability of the system and safety of the bluepills.

There were plenty of other groups who took the limelight during the story, but those five were the only ones players could join.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived