Frequently Asked Questions - Read here before asking.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Read here before asking.

User Info: trenzer1

trenzer1
8 years ago#21
To Do list:
-Information on the prototypes for PSIV
-Information on the pirate versions of PSIV
"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I received from the bank.

trenzer1
8 years ago#22
I still need the Land Rover and I don't know how to get it back. How do I do this?
The answer is simple. Open up your items menu, and select Land Rover and use it. To get out of the land rover, push the speak button. This also applies to the Ice Digger and Hydrofoil.

What are the Pirate Versions of PSIV?
In a move to capitalize on the original popularity of the game, an Asian company called Waixing Computer & Technology Co. Ltd. created four versions of Phantasy Star IV for the Famicom game console. These games are not official products endorsed by Sega or truly part of Phantasy Star. Rather, Waixing stole ideas from Phantasy Star IV to create these games. - Fringes of Algo (http://www.psalgo.com)

What are the differences between the Sega Genesis version of PSIV, and these pirate versions?
Crappier graphics, simpler battle system, no macro system, more monsters can appear, battles are not balanced out, no shields, etc.

To see other changes, go to this link here - http://www.psalgo.com/phantasy-star-iv/pirate-differences.html
Please keep in mind that the list in the provided link does not guarantee all changes present.

To do list:
-Possibly more information on the Pirate Versions of PSIV
-Information on the Prototypes of PSIV

"War ends when business can't reap a profit" - Some random $20 bill I received from the bank.

User Info: Hewbo

Hewbo
8 years ago#23
The level 99 glitch is not in the VC version of this game. Just wanted to put that in this topic. I'm thinking about grinding in the Sonic's collection version to see if it was also fixed.
"Never give up. Trust your instincts"- James McCloud
How's that coming along Hewbo?
Laissez les bons temps rouler.

User Info: Hewbo

Hewbo
8 years ago#25
I haven't been able to play ask much as I had originally expected because I just started a new job and the hours are a little more than crazy but its slowly progressing. I started around mid 30's for everyone and now they are all in the 50's. Hopefully as I get closer to 99 I will be able to give detailed stats and progress reports. I'm not sure if I should open a new topic for that or just post it in here. Thoughts?
"Never give up. Trust your instincts"- James McCloud

User Info: MaxKnight

MaxKnight
8 years ago#26
Oh, hey, I see you included that you wanted to add Proto info to the topic. While it's nowhere near complete at the moment, I've begun a Let's Play of the May 30th proto and have a few videos already upped. After finishing Shining Force II, I'll be starting on this one more seriously, which likely means in about two weeks, give or take some motivation. You can already see quite a few differences in the videos I've got now, and many more will be seen as I continue playing. You can reference any of my stuff in relation to the proto info if you like. If not, that's fine too. Just thought I'd put it out there.

My sig contains my YouTube channel. Feel free to check it out, or something.
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxknight1010101

trenzer1
8 years ago#27
Alright, will do Max. Might be awhile because of various stuff in R/l but I'm sure I can find some time someday. Until then, I eat my snack an go to bed.
"1338 - Cause I'm too Leet." /V\3531PH
(For those who can't read 1337. It says "MESELF" as in, me, myself, and I.) Yes, I am an idiot! ^_^

User Info: technomancer21

technomancer21
8 years ago#28
i'm not sure if its been posted or not but i noticed a discrepancy in the game's storyline concerning rune walsh having the memory of lutz.

stated by rune in the esper mansion, lutz' memory will only be transferred when the chosen recipient enters the room. in an earlier scene on sattelite kuran rune instantly knows what dark force is despite never having seen it, he then claims to have seen it before.

also everyone in the esper mansion on dezolis instantly recognises rune.
this leads me to believe he has been to dezolis before yet you meet him on motavia.
my question is how did rune get to dezolis and back again?

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
8 years ago#29
Lutz does have really strong teleportation ability apparently, based on Phantasy Star II, for what that's worth.
That big Phantasy Star guide that was published in Japan (I forget what it's called) included a lot of details of how Rune and Alys knew each other, etc. It might be able to better explain things. I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole thing translated on one of the major Phantasy Star fansites.
MoFaT: Blue Tit Special Forces | www.themofat.com

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
8 years ago#30
I couldn't seem to find the Phantasy Star Compendium myself. Here are some wiki details on what I'm talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star#Media

Maybe it's not the best source after all, but it does attempt to explain things.
MoFaT: Blue Tit Special Forces | www.themofat.com
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Frequently Asked Questions - Read here before asking.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.