A game similarly themed to this series

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. A game similarly themed to this series

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
9 months ago#1
This is a little off topic but still in the ballpark. I kinda wanted opinions from people I know like Phantasy Star like I do.

A friend of mine recently brought a new game to my attention because he knows that Phantasy Star IV is my favorite game of all time and Chrono Trigger is #3. Apparently "Cosmic Star Heroine" is like a mixture of the two. Has anyone here tried it to know if it's any good? Not a lot of reviews on it yet on steam.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: LordoftheCastle

LordoftheCastle
9 months ago#2
Immediately dismissed it thanks to the blatant and shameless Chrono Trigger reference in the store screenshots.
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
9 months ago#3
Haven't tried the game (possibly I will soon, got no console game I'm currently playing) but the past two RPGs by the studio were quite fun: Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World. They were super budget games though on Xbox Live, maybe $2 each when I bought them.

This Cosmic Star Heroine game looks fun, though it reminds me almost nothing of Phantasy Star other than it's kinda sci-fi in nature.
Jan, come back when you're pregnant!

User Info: GritBusters

GritBusters
8 months ago#4
Just play Kiseki / Trails.
Bustin' Justin makes us feel good!

User Info: xninja999

xninja999
8 months ago#5
Maplestory!
The warrior is unyielding and powerful, his heart is determined and loyal, his spirit peaceful and wise.

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
8 months ago#6
Zeboyd Games' logo icon looks suspiciously like my art... Imma sue! >>

Yeah I know. It's the most generic chibi sprite art ever. There goes my millions. I will never own a vintage Delorean. XD

The game looks kinda neat. Although I am not sure if my toaster will run the steam version. It doesn't look demanding. I really would like to try it.I like the character design and the environments a lot.

I've played a lot of obscure Japanese games. I'll try to think of what I've tried that is similar to Phantasy Star. I really like the marriage of high tech and traditional magic themes. There's probably something on the tip of my brain that I could suggest.

I regret not learning Japanese. But I think I'm too old now to pick it up well. I played the fan translation of Tomodachi Collection, which only translated the katakana keyboard. Also some things were left Japanese. It was actually pretty helpful in learning to recognise hiragana. I got to the point where I could use the hiragana without a guide. But once I got Tomodachi Life I started playing that instead. So now I only recognise a few characters.

LordoftheCastle posted...
Immediately dismissed it thanks to the blatant and shameless Chrono Trigger reference in the store screenshots.

Can you clarify? Do you mean the in-game shops? I can see adding a little Robo looking mascot somewhere or something like that. But if it's tons of stuff that just makes it look like it's less your game and more of a fan work. But I'm imagining that it doesn't go so far as to be mistaken for a doujin game.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. A game similarly themed to this series

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived