So, Re-Faze actually can be beaten in the vanilla game. Hypothetically, anyway.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. So, Re-Faze actually can be beaten in the vanilla game. Hypothetically, anyway.

User Info: lserh

lserh
3 months ago#11
On a side note, what happens if Chaz learns Megid before he learns Nazan? I.e. get Megid before Chaz reaches level 37.

Will Nazan appear after Megid in the tech list once learned?

I played the JP version on emulator and there is a bug that learning Megid will make it replace Nazan on Chaz's tech list.

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
3 months ago#12
What do you think would be a suitable reward for beating Re-Faze as a super boss?
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV

User Info: etony33

etony33
3 months ago#13
There isn't much you need at that point. A second Guard Robe or third Guard Mail might come in handy, but that's about it.

Maybe some sort of light armor (that can be equipped by anyone) that nullifies factors 2 and 6, thus making it impossible* to lose against PD3? Maybe some sort of armor that gives Megid as a use as item effect?

If you can whittle down all of Re-Faze's HP, you don't really need the help, so anything like this would just be overkill.

*-Not technically impossible, but the only way you could lose is if you tried to lose

etony33
3 months ago#14
lserh posted...
On a side note, what happens if Chaz learns Megid before he learns Nazan? I.e. get Megid before Chaz reaches level 37.

Will Nazan appear after Megid in the tech list once learned?

Well, I just tested exactly that. I brought Chaz to the Anger Tower at level 36, and he learned Megid. He then learned Nazan at level 37. Nazan shows up before Megid and he does learn it. Perhaps they fixed that bug before releasing the game in America?

User Info: FD3S

FD3S
3 months ago#15
FreshFeeling posted...
What do you think would be a suitable reward for beating Re-Faze as a super boss?

The only thing I could think of comes from Star Ocean II; beating Re-Faze could act as a tell to PD that your party will wipe the floor with it as is (harder than most endgame parties would anyway), so the payoff might be a hypothetical fourth form with raw stats and skills that blow the third out of the water - limiter disabled!
It's not a dream. FD3S is real!
www.sloganizer.com

etony33
3 months ago#16
The odds for being able to do this normally without save state abuse...

Call it a 1 in 8 chance that Megid will do <212 damage (which might be a generous estimate, actually). In order to get in two attacks between heals, it'd need to do it three times in a row, so 1/8^3 or 1/512.

For something with a 1/512 chance to happen 18+ times out of 53 chances? The odds are so, so, so incredibly small. But it's still possible.

etony33
3 months ago#17
As far as a suitable reward...how about just giving you Alys back, at level 99, with superior techs, skills, and equipment?

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
3 months ago#18
Ooh. She could appear in the Motavia spaceport with the others. That'd be fun.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV

etony33
3 months ago#19
When I was a kid, I thought that beating Re-Faze might have resurrected Alys. I kept trying to win the fight, failing miserably each time. I'm surprised nobody actually started a rumor like that in order to troll everyone, like the Final Fantasy VI rumor that said if you won 4000 battles in the Dinosaur Forest, you would fight some superboss and then be able to revive General Leo.

User Info: Blast-Beat-Pete

Blast-Beat-Pete
2 months ago#20
etony33 posted...
There isn't much you need at that point. A second Guard Robe or third Guard Mail might come in handy, but that's about it.

Maybe some sort of light armor (that can be equipped by anyone) that nullifies factors 2 and 6, thus making it impossible* to lose against PD3?

That would be nice, but too bad that PD3 cancellation skill seems to remove resistances from equipment too. I'm not sure if this was intended by the creators of the game, but it makes the skill even more dangerous.

I just discovered this while fighting PD with a low level 4 chars team. I putted Rika with plasma-field and silver tusk in the first position to tank most regular attacks, but after the usage of cancellation the regular attacks of PD3 also did full damage to her instead of close to no damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. So, Re-Faze actually can be beaten in the vanilla game. Hypothetically, anyway.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived