Land effects?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force
  3. Land effects?

User Info: 1FS

1FS
6 years ago#1
Despite the million times I've played through this game, I never got around to figuring out what these are and what they do.

Anyone know?
Not as annoying as it is watching that useless whore preen about in the shirt I love every weekend - number10

User Info: Ceebs

Ceebs
6 years ago#2
They either affect movement range or damage done by weapons and spells, I think. There's my imprecise answer... :s
ヤッター!

User Info: ehow22

ehow22
6 years ago#3
They don't affect spells but the rest is right.
My top 3 games: 1.Shining Force 2. Shining Force II 3. Shining Force CD

User Info: Egxamer1

Egxamer1
6 years ago#4
first off some classes have loaded movement tables and certain terrain tiles ex: desert have loaded terrain effects.

ex: centaurs treat all 'grassland' type of tiles as zero land effect meaning if your paladin is surrounded by 7 squares of grass in all directions you'll see quite the movement range. dwarves treat hills/desert as 15% and wolfbarons treat forests as centaurs treat grasslands, etc etc.

ugly math version basically reads iirc: take your base move and begin subtracting the % of the adjacent tile follow by the next tile in a outward manner and once the percentages become too great ( over 50%) for your movement (+class considerations & terrain features) you become stopped in that particular direction.

to sum up quickly: what determines a character's movement is:
base move score
surrounding terrain in a opening circle
character's class
impassable objects(enemies,mountains,story battle items, etc)

This was all listed over a decade ago in a guide or a thread that had tables showing all classes vs all terrains and the math was presented well. . . doubt i could locate it though it was pre merger lol
Why in the hell is it so wrong for people to just speak correctly? Don't be so ****ing ignorant. -VeiledGenesis
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force
  3. Land effects?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived