Missing Final Weapons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny of an Emperor
  3. Missing Final Weapons

User Info: saladdressing

saladdressing
8 years ago#1
I've played through the game a few times and noticed that the final weapons are sometimes not all there, like the halberd. Anyone know why this is?

Sometimes the Iron Ore isn't there either....

Thanks for your help.

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
8 years ago#2
Hi saladdressing, and welcome! *waves hello* ^.^/

This is an annoying bug often encountered in this great game, where sometimes an item will be missing.
Apparently it happens (or at least it happens much more often) if, after finishing a dungeon or cave, you go back into it and collect the treasures there again. Doing so even toward the beginning of the game, can mess up the finding of items toward the end.
I'm afraid I don't know of any way to fix it, sorry ;.;
other than by starting the game over, or by using a Game Genie code to directly give a character the missing item.

Sorry *huggles* <(;.;<)
DoaE is a wonderful game, but this bug can be frustrating.
kawaiifan, happy to be back on her old account ^.^

kawaiifan
8 years ago#3
*visits and saves* ^.^

kawaiifan
8 years ago#4
*fends off the purge* ^.^;;

kawaiifan
8 years ago#5
Might anyone know of a way to fix this, please? ^.^;
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

kawaiifan
8 years ago#6
*worries* ^.^;;
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

User Info: MeteorStrike

MeteorStrike
8 years ago#7
I actually wanted to look into this, but at the rate I am doing stuff, it seems like I wouldnt get to it any time soon... I still havent finished the damage formula stuff... I havent even ran the game since my last post... but this definitely interests me since I am extremely curious at finding the root cause of the bug and why it programmatically happens...

MeteorStrike
8 years ago#8
Can I get a confirmation from people about this bug? As far as I know / remember, this bug causes certain items to become unavailable, but only items found in Caves... correct? or has anyone ever experienced an item found in a town or so to become unavailable as well? Is there any list of all known items that become glitched this way? It would help in figuring this out... Thanks!

MeteorStrike
8 years ago#9
Well, I finally ran into the bug... it took almost the whole game to get it... I haven't traced the code too much to figure out WHY it happens, but so far, it MAY be related to having more than one tactician in your party at a time when you level up... I had Zhu Ge Liang and Pang Tong in my party, and here is what happened when I leveled up:

[...]
Ma Chao's army now has 1716 soldiers.
[ Press key ]
Zhu Ge Liang's army now has 1716 soldiers.
[ Press key ]
Zhu Ge Liang, ( WTF... why is this text appearing here? It should say "Pang Tong," since Zhu Ge Liang was already leveled up... BUG? )
[ Press key, now your treasure chests collected data just got wiped out due to a corrupt index... buffer overflow bug. :( ]
Pang Tong learned the Ji Mian tactic.
[ Press key ]
Tactical Ability increased to 86.

That's all I know right now... the opcodes that executed were using an index into an array whose value was much higher than it should have been, and overflowed into the treasure chests data... my guess is that the game does some sort of "reset" for this index when you raise a level, and then it changes as needed, but since you have more than one tactician, the bug appears to be that the index was not reset again properly, and the old, higher value was reused without being re-initialized... Right now, this is all a GUESS, though... so don't take it out on me too much later on when I get more info... :p

I would assume that the level you are in and / or the tactics you have, current tactic points, tacticians, etc must have something to do with the corrupted value being used, which would explain why it has different effects on different people... depending on the level you raised and who was in your party when it happened, what you learned, how many points you got, etc, it would affect different treasure chest info... For me, all the chest data got wiped out, so I was able to get all the game's treasures again... From what I can see, though, the bug resets values and does not set anything... so I got to investigate further... for now, I would recommend you keep one tactician in your party at a time just in case... >_>

I'm gonna take a little break right now and come back to this at a later time...

User Info: BasementDude

BasementDude
8 years ago#10
i think i remember items reappearing in towns too.......... >.> if that is of any help........... <.<
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny of an Emperor
  3. Missing Final Weapons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived