Can someone explain the meaning of the old man quotes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. Can someone explain the meaning of the old man quotes?

User Info: BrandonTheGrate

BrandonTheGrate
8 years ago#1
Tell me what all of them mean, the obvious ones like Dodongo dislikes smoke is easy, but ones like Eastmost Peninsula, what do they mean? Or all those ones like secret power is said to be in the arrow.
Help Ontario become the 51st State!
www.ontariousa.org, www.unitednorthamerica.org

User Info: PeterSvensson

PeterSvensson
8 years ago#2
The eastmost peninsula, refers to the land at the top left corner, where you can walk through a wall to get a secret. (Peninsula is a bit of land surrounded by water.)

"South of arrow mark hides a secret" - In the second quest, a dungeon is hidden one screen south of rocks that make an arrow mark.

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
8 years ago#3
"Eastmost Peninsula has the secret"
There is a little debate about this one. I always thought it referred to the location of the triforce piece in level 1.

"Secret power is said to be in the arrow"
Use arrows on the Pols Voice and you'll see what he means.

"10th enemy has the bomb"
It actually should read, "Look for the lion key"

"Secret is in the tree at the dead end"
Some say it refers to the money making game at the top-right corner of the map. Others believe it is a hint at level 8, first quest.

"South of arrowmark is the secret"
Find an arrow in the overworld and go one screen south of it. That screen has a secret.

"If you go in the direction of the arrow"
Take that same arrow and follow it.

"Go to the next room"
Ha, I just thought I'd throw this one in there for good measure.

I can't think of any more that would be really obscure. If you have questions about a quote, feel free to ask.
Ever play Super Mariokart? Check out this site.
www.mariokart64.com/smk ... Join up!

User Info: BrandonTheGrate

BrandonTheGrate
8 years ago#4
Where is that one about the tree at the dead end, I've never seen that quote after all these years of playing the game.

"If you go in the direction of the arrow" I thought this meant, and it could mean that, in Level 4 in the 2nd Quest, the triforce always points up, and if you go in the direction of the arrow, you'll find the raft.
Help Ontario become the 51st State!
www.ontariousa.org, www.unitednorthamerica.org

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
8 years ago#5
IMO eastmost peninsula refers to blue ring, quest one. Dead end tree probably refers to level 8, first quest. A money making game that doesn't even need bombing/burning probably does not need a hint.
Ganon bounces all over the place spewing fireballs faster than an AOLer can spew internet acronyms. - GreenShyguy04

User Info: Toy_Box

Toy_Box
8 years ago#6
the reason for the quotes is to keep the player laughing so they won't throw the game out when they get stuck >_>

yes,
this was joke reply :0
"Big Mario is lie" - me

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
8 years ago#7
"Secret is in the tree..." is found under an armos knight on the screen to the right of the lost hills.

"If you go in the direction of the arrow" refers to level 9, second quest.
Ever play Super Mariokart? Check out this site.
www.mariokart64.com/smk ... Join up!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. Can someone explain the meaning of the old man quotes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived