That Beeping Noise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sakurajin

sakurajin
9 years ago#1
Newer games should really bring back the beeping sound to alert you when you have low life. When I'm playing games that don't have it, I'm always dying because I don't know how low my life is. The constant beeping noise in this game is really helpful.

User Info: Kyrogue11

Kyrogue11
9 years ago#2
I commend your optimism!
Anyways, I know a lot of the newer games have the noise removed because many gamers(sometimes myself) have found the beeping to be annoying. Another thing is that many games have a 'feel' that could be disrupted by a beeping. Admittedly, while this could be worked around by providing a different, more fitting sound, people tend to go back and look at my first point.
There is no truer love than that of Chocolate!!
Fear my superior smartitude!!

User Info: crate3333

crate3333
9 years ago#3
There's also the option of having the beeping trigger when you drop below a certain health amount, then stop after a couple seconds. Long enough to alert you that you're in danger, short enough that it doesn't make me reach for the mute button.
Implication is a strong weapon.
I do read sometimes.

User Info: XDooplissX

XDooplissX
9 years ago#4
You are probably losing because you are bad at the game, no offense, but that noise doesn't keep you alive.
...Slick...

User Info: sakurajin

sakurajin
9 years ago#5
Wow, 0/3 on sarcasm-catching.
Cheers to the first poster for not flaming me to death, jeers to me for making an ultra-sarcastic topic.

I had a savestate in the Island Palace with low enough life to die in one hit from anything, and no lives left, so I spent about an hour save-and-restoring until I could get through it 'without being hit'. That hour of listening to the obnoxious (and in my mind, unnecessary) 'warning' is what motivated the topic.

On topic, I agree with the previous poster that if you can't monitor your life and the action at the same time, you are a pretty inexperienced gamer.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived