got a couple of questions... answers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Aerobiz
  3. got a couple of questions... answers

User Info: Lord_Zath2

Lord_Zath2
8 years ago#1
this thread was locked, so here's some additional answers.

Is route traffic affected by other adjacent routes you've created?

-- I have found that it can be if you start connecting cities w/multiple flights (i.e., paris-ny, london-ny, rome-ny, moscow-ny)

How do I make Concorde flights proffitable? You can vastly increase fares with them, but they carry so few passengers and they're so costly to maintain that I haven't found the proper use for them.

--You don't. I have NEVER gotten this to be profitable - too expensive to purchase, maintain, and fares are automatically higher than a sub-sonic plane. If you have these (starting as london/paris on scenario 2), ditch these IMMEDIATELY!

Best planes to use?

--Scenario 1 is prettymuch DC-8 until aircraft in Scenario 2 pop up.

--Scenario 2 - DC-9 (small hops), A-330 (the $55,000 one) (medium hops), 747 (large hops). If you can keep to only three or four types of planes, it'll make changing routes FAR easier. I have found that the 727 is good, but it's obsoleted too early. The 737 is nice, but the DC-9 has farther range. 767 is the only other Boeing I like to use, due to its B fuel rank and long distances. Often times, I switch out a 747 for a 767 if the route's losing passengers.

DC-10, MD-11, L-1011 are "niche" oddities that try to fill too many roles - a wide-body with average fuel consumption that can go medium-long routes just isn't that good - you'll either want max passengers, max range, or max fuel efficiency.

Airbus's A-320 is a good alternative to the DC-9, but again range is a problem.

Stay away from the Russian aircraft unless you're Moscow - then stick with the IL-62 and enjoy the range advantage over the DC-8. I NEVER used any of the other aircraft, except perhaps the TU-154.

So in summation

- Most common plane is DC-9 or A-330.
- Next most common is 747.
- Next is 767.

Happy flying. Can't believe I remembered all this after not playing the game for over 5 years!
  1. Boards
  2. Aerobiz
  3. got a couple of questions... answers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived