History of the Hylian Knights

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Another World
  3. History of the Hylian Knights

User Info: esb422

esb422
6 years ago#11
I caught up on most of that. I'll try to get Swift in here to update you on factions. He still trolls the popular forums, so if anyone knows anything about it, it'd be him. If I had to guess, I'd say they've probably moved to Facebook or something. It's been ten years already since spending my afternoons here, and the Internet landscape has changed so much.
I live under a bridge.

User Info: esb422

esb422
6 years ago#12
(5:15:41 PM) Swifticuffs: yea theres a bunch
(5:15:45 PM) Swifticuffs: and i dont know much about them since saldy
(5:15:47 PM) Swifticuffs: i only post on b8
(5:15:54 PM) Swifticuffs: but boards are actually given away to some contest winners
(5:15:59 PM) Swifticuffs: i know some peeps on b8 got their own forums actually
I live under a bridge.

User Info: Vegeta Prime

Vegeta Prime
6 years ago#13
Interesting. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Join the Hylian Knights! Board 564565
A Proud Hylian Knight, and Member of Slayer, an Elite Force of the Hylian Knights

Vegeta Prime
6 years ago#14
*Paints the now repaired wall.*
A Proud Hylian Knight, and Member of Slayer, an Elite Force of the Hylian Knights

User Info: Orange of Doom

Orange of Doom
6 years ago#15
Nostalgic sounds about right. For one reason or another, I never once took this board off of my favorite game board list, but since I never actually look at my favorites, I constantly scrolled past it without noticing it. Man, though, 2002 was so long ago. And presumably just long enough for everyone to have forgotten me since I mostly stuck around during the early stages of this group.

aka I secretly hope no embarrassing information about my 13 year old self is contained within those magic archive files of yours. (They must only know my embarrassing 22 year old self!)

Vegeta Prime
6 years ago#16
I think you're pretty safe about me not revealing any embarrassing information I might have in those archives. For one thing, they're not much of an archive as much as a few topics I'd saved that I had found interesting at the time.

But beyond that, anything embarrassing I have about anyone else will only embarrass me more-so. I was (and still am) probably the oldest person who was hanging out with the group back then. I was 21 years old when the group started, so it's bad enough to admit I was spending a ton of time on a message board with a bunch of 13-year-olds, let alone that I kept dirt on them. I come off enough as a creepy old man as it is, I don't need to enhance that image.

Although in my defense, it's always been hard to tell age on the Internet. I still suspect that Duck was and is an 80 year old woman from Romania. The fact that it's been ten years doesn't change her age to older than 80 years, that's just how old she looks. She is in fact much older.

Basically, I've long believed that Duck is really the mythical figure Baba Yaga of ancient folklore, and when she's not eating small children or whatever, she's hanging around on gaming message boards.

As for you Orange, I remember you. I also remember that I ended up reading the "Adventures!" web-comic in order to find out what the heck your name meant, and ended up sticking with that series till it ended. Good times.

User Info: SwordMaster13X

SwordMaster13X
6 years ago#17
Hey there, interesting stuff. Anyways, when I joined Gamefaqs around 2004...I tired to start my own faction called The Galactic Empire. It started on RI with me as the Emperor himself. Anyways, I decided to move from RI to a dead board. We moved around for a bit before deciding on Exchanger for the MSX. On Exchanger, we grew quite well and formed a small community. The Galactic Empire was founded on May 31,2005. It went well for a year and four months when it dissolved. I tried to start it again as the Hailax Empire but that failed again. By the time, I was active on Gamefaqs...the faction scene was pretty much wiped out on Gamefaqs and is still pretty down. The dead board scene is kinda down but I am trying to start a big dead board social and it's going pretty well so far. It's in my sig if your interested...yea, we are the Champions!

Here are the last topics that I have tracked down from both empires....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918083-exchanger/28298748- The last topic on Exchanger...it tells you who was a member of the old Galactic Empire
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/572696-hallax/35521803- The last topic on Hallax....tells you who joined the empire later on.

Anyways, feel free to ask me questions about this. Perhaps something will jog my memory to a couple of things I left out.
My Random Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jandrew1177
http://gamefaqs.com/916401/b/- Come and be a champion here.

User Info: crzycarl73

crzycarl73
5 years ago#18
Jesus christ ten years.

I just so happened to be on a nostalgia trip and stopped on by.

Man I've really not done much with my life in the past ten years >>

Anyone still keep in touch with, well, anyone?

User Info: Candice1203

Candice1203
5 years ago#19
Not I.

Didn't really have a reason to post that, but did want to say Merry/Happy (insert holiday celebrated here).

I now return to lurking on the Final Fantasy XIII-2 board.
FFXIII Treasure Hunter Trophy: 92 items to go
5-Star Marks to go: 45/64

Vegeta Prime
5 years ago#20
Hey, some actual activity! Huzzah!

Thanks for the info, SwordMaster! The Galactic Empire sounds familiar. I think some of the members had stopped by here a few times back in the day. And I may stop by Champion Pub from time to time. It looks like there's some good activity going on there.

Carl, good to see you again! Hopefully life is treating you well enough.

And Happy Holiday(s) Liger. I myself celebrate Sithmas, where I use the increased strength of darkness around the time of the Winter Solstice to power myself up in preparation as the light starts to gain in strength again. But rejoice, the dark-side shall still rule for another 3 months!

Also I eat Sithmas cookies. They're basically the same as Christmas cookies. The only difference is I call them Sithmas cookies.
  1. Boards
  2. Another World
  3. History of the Hylian Knights

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
I'm dreaming....omegamage112412/7 1:16AM