GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

User Info: Anderjak

Anderjak
5 years ago#181
Well, I finally wrapped up my first run of ME3.

Thoughts? I'm withholding until I see what everyone else has to say.

Apparently there is a "best" ending only available in a new game+, and it's part of the epilogue rather than the actual ending. I still don't know if that's actually true.

All I know is, it gives me moment to pause and think about the series as a whole, and what future games will do with the story.
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

User Info: Mertato

Mertato
5 years ago#182
It was pricey and I had to shop around online because of the limited quantities but I wanted access to the collector's edition vendor and the other goodies not found in the DDE for sale on Origin. Plus a 27GB download, unthinkable. I'll have it before the end of the week, plenty of time to finish Mass Effect.

Speaking of which, I'm just after the Quarian/Geth set of missions. I've really been enjoying the game - weapon modifications making a return, something I've always been a sucker for, special moments with crew members on the Citadel (Garrus in particular) and the major story blocks really giving you a sense of closure. Bioware has always done an excellent job of keeping the humor in the series and goofy things like the Blasto audio clips or Garrus creeping me out on the Ardat-Yakshi level. I wish I could say that I bring Javik along for most missions but his power set isn't all that useful to me either, though you should definitely consider using him on the female Krogan rescue mission, if only for one line.
007 373 5963

Mertato
5 years ago#183
The Old Republic finally came in today and I'm really happy with the collector's edition goodies, especially the added security of the thirty second code and other measures on the website too. I'm leaning toward bounty hunter as my first class, although I haven't decided yet. Anyway, off to start the install.
007 373 5963

Anderjak
5 years ago#184
I will tell you, Bounty Hunter was my absolute favorite to play in my time. (It might've been because Grey DeLisle was voicing my BH. Jennifer Hale voices the female Republic Trooper, so further evidence I can be swayed by a good voice.) They're fantastic at DPS, and can be retooled as healers pretty well. Highly invaluable. BH and Trooper are basically identical in terms of movesets, but BH wins for having a healer companion earlier in their storyline, and more jetpack-based maneuvers, which are more cosmetic than anything else, but insanely cool.

I play on the Ajunta Pal server, a good medium population RP/PVP server. If you want a friend to play with, I can roll an Imperial tonight.

Mertato
5 years ago#185
Definitely, I'd love to party up. It's somewhat intimidating going in because I'm fairly new to MMOs, though I did play a bit of Ragnarok Online back in 2005. Who doesn't love a sprite art style? Anyway, my username is Mertato in TOR. I'm easy like that.

I finished the story mode of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City last night. As a longtime fan of the series, I loved the little cameos from characters and seeing how our activities played into the older games. It's on the short side, clocking in at about five hours even after looking for collectibles (Note: there are a TON of them) but the main appeal of the game always was the versus modes. That said, it's a solid shooter and I'm not really sure why there are so many negative reviews floating around about it.
007 373 5963

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
5 years ago#186
If you guys start partying up, I might jump into the fray. I just have so little drive to play MMOs, and I think, just as a human that lives in the modern world that was never at any point particularly passionate about Star Wars, that I'm sorta just burnt out on the property forever.
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!

Anderjak
5 years ago#187
Seriously, if you guys want to play, I can definitely hop on for it. Right now I just have my Republic Trooper Kara-Isu on Ajunta Pal, but I'm gonna be making more very soon. I still need a Jedi and some kind of Imperial character. I'll post once I've figured out what I've got.

User Info: the_love_less

the_love_less
5 years ago#188
Hey, Travis, have you heard the rumors of the Legacy of Kain reboot? Thoughts?

Also, I wanted to bring something to your attention. I know I've spoken at length here about my involvement with PikiGeek, and while we're not in the best standing now, it was a pretty awesome experience. I don't know if any of you frequent Reddit, but that's how I found out about PikiGeek through a user by the name of Dacvak, who was a very involved member of the gaming community there, and who was an editor for PikiGeek. At any rate, Dac had just recently been offered a job in San Fran working for Reddit, which was pretty awesome, but before he could ship out, he found out he had leukemia. Now, I've never met this guy in person, and our interactions on Reddit and PikiGeek were pretty minimal, but he always struck me as a very nice guy, passionate about gaming and writing, and just generally a cool dude. It's looking like his best bet is a match for a bone marrow transplant, which can be hard to come by. I don't know much about leukemia or cancer, and I count myself lucky that my interactions with it have always been from afar, but this has hit close enough to home to stick with me. At any rate, thoughts, prayers, whatever: send them out to Dac. He's one of our own. If you want any more information or anything, you can head here:

http://blog.reddit.com/2012/03/join-us-in-helping-one-of-our-own.html

Thanks guys.
"This is Planet Earth, Agent White. Do you read me, over? Today I kept the peace on this planet. Over? This planet's very peaceful. Over and out."

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
5 years ago#189
I'll definitely send my best wishes.

I've been frequenting Reddit pretty much non-stop for months now. I actually toyed with the idea of moving Yesod over there, but I have no idea how to create a subreddit for four people, and how viable that would be to you guys. I just think after 5+ years here, it'd be nice if we could speak a little more candidly and have an easier means to share links and stories and videos and stuff and discuss them.

As for the LoK reboot, I'm.... tepidly excited. I'm not worried that they'll somehow stain the franchise, I can easily enough ignore the new entry, I'm just worried that they'll kinda misinterpret what it's all about. I mean, I know CD made the Soul Reaver games, but little of the original team (to my knowledge) remains, and it's kinda hard to imagine what a Soul Reaver game would look and play like in a modern context.

I'll absolutely check it out, and I'm reasonably psyched, but the ship of me waiting on the edge of my seat for a new game sailed a while ago. I think it can be great, but it'll more than likely just be.... good, I guess.
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!

User Info: the_love_less

the_love_less
5 years ago#190
Yeah, I don't think that making a sub for just a few people would be totally viable, as it would have to be moderated and be approved by existing mods, and it would inevitably attract more than just us, which frankly I'm not all that keen on. I love me some reddit, but the content is generally pretty low quality when it comes to gaming these days, and I'm not too big a fan on the type of people I run into. The intolerance level is through the roof, and while I dislike some of the restrictions we have on here, I can rest in peace knowing that we can share personal info and not have to worry all that much about other people running into it. Besides, I don't know that any of us are active enough to justify it. We've been a little more chatty these last few months, but we definitely have long periods where it's dead around here.
"This is Planet Earth, Agent White. Do you read me, over? Today I kept the peace on this planet. Over? This planet's very peaceful. Over and out."
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived