GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
5 years ago#191
Yeah, that's true. I think it'd encourage more discussion to have a place where we can find out something that's going on, and without leaving the site, just jump into a sub and immediately discuss it with each other, but this place is a little more organized for the kinds of discussions we have, and we're all comfortable here.

For the record, this is literally the only thing I do on gamefaqs now, chat with you guys. I might glance at the board of a game I'm playing, but it's never more than a cursory glance anymore.
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!

User Info: Anderjak

Anderjak
5 years ago#192
Kid Icarus: Uprising is really fun. It also has some of the weirdest and most awkward controls I've experienced since Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for the Dreamcast, without a twin stick controller. (An apt comparison since the ground combat has a LOT of mechanical similarities to VO.) Still, one of the funnier games I've played in recent memory, and the level designs can get downright crazy in the best of ways. Seriously, Pandora's level alone wins it for me.

I also finally beat Dead Space 2 after all these months, because I had an itch for survival horror. It didn't quite scratch the itch, but I still thought it was a well constructed experience, and I'm hoping to play through it again eventually. Apparently the New Game+ has some extra neat features. I'm thinking about playing through the Silent Hill games, of which I own nearly every single title save for 4: The Room and Downpour, but I've only ever beaten a grand total of THREE of them (1, 2, and Shattered Memories). I'm not sure anyone's interested in SH anymore, but I'm getting excited about the prospect.

As far as the LoK reboot is concerned, I'm waiting until I hear a little about what the story is. I'll gladly pick it up when it comes out, but I don't really know how to feel until then. I've got faith in the studio to do a reasonable amount of justice to it, but it'll be interesting if they can get even half the narrative complexity of the originals.
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

User Info: Mertato

Mertato
5 years ago#193
Is this reboot actually confirmed? >.>
007 373 5963

Mertato
5 years ago#194
Quick SWTOR update - finished the Prologue and secured my ship, able to fly around the galaxy now. I'm a level 18 bounty hunter merc, specializing in healing in my skill tree.
007 373 5963

User Info: the_love_less

the_love_less
5 years ago#195
Guys. I love Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm not even kidding. It's probably one of my favorite games ever. This is epitome of why I bought a 3DS. It's fun, challenging, has fantastic and witty writing reminiscent Saturday morning cartoons, and is chock full of excellent content, and all that is on top of some of the most imaginative and colorful design I've ever seen in a game. I seriously can't get enough of it. The controls are a total non-issue for me, and while they do get slightly uncomfortable during long play sessions, I've really not had any problems with them. It's probably because I tend to rest my handhelds on my legs or gut while I'm playing, but either way, I don't think they're nearly as bad as everyone has been making them out to be. At any rate, it's brilliant. It's so totally a classic Nintendo game to its core. Pick it up if you haven't.
"This is Planet Earth, Agent White. Do you read me, over? Today I kept the peace on this planet. Over? This planet's very peaceful. Over and out."

Anderjak
5 years ago#196
Yeah, KI:U just keeps getting better and better as I play. I finally hit a point where the controls are second nature to me, but a little goes a long way, thanks to the longer mission structure and your own decision on how high you set the difficulty before each level (I have it at a nice solid 4 for now).

I'm kind of addicted to weapon collecting and fusing. I normally don't get that way. And the multiplayer isn't too bad, either! Really smooth to get in and out of games, very few menus to bother with, which I did NOT expect. I didn't suffer one second of lag in any of the matches I played.

the_love_less
5 years ago#197
HEY GUYS I WROTE A BOOK AND SUSANNA DID PICTURES. LOOK.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/susanna-ryan-and-benjamin-gowing/stephen-swanks-adventures-in-future-city/hardcover/product-20023038.html
"This is Planet Earth, Agent White. Do you read me, over? Today I kept the peace on this planet. Over? This planet's very peaceful. Over and out."

Mertato
5 years ago#198
That's awesome, Ben!

Another Old Republic update: I finished the Great Hunt last night and closed the book on Chapter 1, finally able to choose a surname for my character. I seem to recall an easy to find datacron on Hutta but had stopped looking for them over time. After finding a vendor on Alderaan that sold the MGGS, I'm tempted to revisit old planets for easy stat increases (with a guide anyway). Currently sitting at level 35, so any baddies I run into shouldn't be a problem.
007 373 5963

Anderjak
5 years ago#199
Nabbed a few games today. Finally got Cave Story 3D, and picked up the Harvest Moon game for 3DS as well. ALSO nabbed Xenoblade Chronicles.

By the by, Xenoblade Chronicles is actually pretty awesome. One point early in the story really ticked me off, but it does so many other things right that I'm able to move through that pretty easily.

The gameplay's basically a streamlined Final Fantasy XII with all the gambits removed, and a small-ish number of Arts to mess around with. It makes up for the fewer options by also focusing on movement and positioning as a significant part of combat, and a few cool/decent extra mechanics to deepen things. Exploration is MUCH heavier than I expected -- then again, I wasn't expecting to see an absolutely gigantic area that took me ten hours just to get through all the sidequests and the one or two story quests in it, so it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

I don't know, I don't often spend eight hours until I get nearly exhausted on a game for the very first time. I've really been enjoying it, and it looks to be a very solid timesink.

the_love_less
5 years ago#200
I, too, picked up Xenoblade chronicles. Not sure when I'll get around to actually playing it, but I am admittedly intrigued. Initially I just picked up a copy since it was a limited run at GameStop, with no real intention of playing it, but we'll see. I've heard unanimously excellent things. I've been checking out some old PSP games off PSN, and I'm really enjoying Crimson Gem Saga. It's a very traditional JRPG with a really charming hand drawn style. A little bit too heavy on the grinding, but the combat system is pretty fluid and very fast, despite being turn based, so it's not too bad. Also bought Rayman Origins for the Vita as it was on sale on Amazon. I fell in love with it on 360, and I've fallen in love with it all over again. Seriously, if you guys haven't played it yet, pick it up. It's fantastic.

The Witcher 2 is coming to 360 next week! What should I expect? I've heard incredible things, and I'm super excited to finally get a chance to play it. I'm a little worried about the difficulty, as I get a little irritated when needless difficulty lurches get in the way of an excellent story. Should I play it on an easier setting? Is the difficulty really that bad?
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. GTWS(N)BPBAA Part Deux: Yet Still More Gaming Distractions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived