Mass Effect

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Anderjak

Anderjak
5 years ago#11
I seriously gotta see this Destroy ending.
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
5 years ago#12
I'm letting you know now, Zack, besides that brief shot of Shepard taking a breath (which requires more EMS, evidently, than I was able to get, and I did everything in the game) all of the endings are exactly the same. I mean, exactly. The crew gets marooned on jungle planet, the scene with the soldiers fighting the Reapers is only slightly different, and the Mass Relays are destroyed by the color of the option you chose. There is literally essentially no difference in any of the endings, besides Shepard not getting turned into a husk with Destroy (and possibly waking up).
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!

Anderjak
5 years ago#13
Yeah, but I get to Biotic Charge > Heavy Melee > Biotic Charge > Heavy Melee for a couple of hours to see it. That's, like, reason enough right there to do it.

Trambient
5 years ago#14
Haha, good point.

I went Sentinel first go, I'm thinking I'll roll with that again, just to get the Insanity achievements with a beefed up character, then I'll roll in with an Infiltrator....

....then a Vanguard.....

.......then an Adept and Engineer......

Anderjak
5 years ago#15
I've only ever played a Soldier and a Vanguard. I played the Soldier on my 360 copy of ME1, but my PC copies of the games have all been Vanguard... I have this weird issue where, when I start ME1, I make the same dang Shepard I made before. And I make all the same decisions. I just can't bear to see anything else, because my Shepard is the only one I accept as canon, haha.

Trambient
5 years ago#16
Dude! Totally haha. I have that same problem. To get certain achievements in ME1, I actually made a female Shepard for the explicit purpose of not messing with my interpretation of my male Shepard. He always has to look and act the same, because that's my canon.

I don't have any issue with switching classes liberally though. Sentinel is like a tank with a good squad and power distribution (and in this game, having Overload AND Warp freed me up with my squad selection so much), and Infiltrator is just stupid fun. I get stressed using Charge too much with a Vanguard haha. I figure it'd probably work out better in this game though than it did in 2, just because battles are so much more wide open and less.... corridor-y.

Anderjak
5 years ago#17
Actually, with the weight system, you can pretty much just roll with a pistol or a shotgun with weight reduction (I went with a good SMG), and use Biotic Charge an absurdly frequent amount. My abilities recharge in roughly two or three seconds (basically the time it takes to do a heavy melee attack), and I gain full shield after every Biotic Charge. If you think that sounds incredibly game-breaking... Well, you're right, it very much is.

And I've never had more fun.

Seriously, you haven't lived until you take on four brutes by yourself and beat them to death by headbutting them and punching them.

Trambient
5 years ago#18
So I've been following twitter feeds and news and stuff like a hawk. I honestly think the company intentionally held off on the complete ending to be released later (and I mean, I get the impression it'll be soon. As in, this month). Whether this was intentionally to surprise the fans, or to prevent the game from being spoiled in other regions, or I'm completely insane and hopeless, or what have you, is open to interpretation I guess. I'm just honestly getting that vibe.

Michael Gamble tweeted, not long after the release:

Hardest. Day. Ever. Seriously, if you people knew all the stuff we are planning...you'd, we'll - hold onto your copy of me3 forever.

The ME3 official twitter directly referenced that statement, claiming fans wouldn't have the reaction they're having now (if any of you are magically unaware, the ending is, I'm pretty sure, the most despised thing on the entire internet) if they knew what he was referring to.

Geoff Keighley is doing a special called "The Last Hours of ME3." Allegedly it's just a making of kind of look back at the game, but it'll be the top brass of the company breaking their peculiar silence since the game came out, and in reply to a tweet of someone jokingly saying they'd start a petition to change the terrible ending, he replied with:

I think you'll want to read the story!

Seriously, I know I probably look like a weirdo, but I genuinely think this was all intentional (maybe not the behemoth, overwhelming backlash, but the general distaste, followed by a "real" ending).

Also, tried out multiplayer yet? I've been messing around, I honestly really enjoy it. It honestly doesn't feel all that different from the SP at all, and does a pretty stellar job of replicating the best fights, and giving incentive to keep playing. I hope some of you guys are on 360!

Anderjak
5 years ago#19
As long as whatever thing they do to finish off the story is free, I won't have a problem. If it's paid DLC, that's where I start having big ethical problems.

Honestly, though, I'm excited, because after DA2, I honestly say all bets are off in regards to anything Bioware plans. They're clearly entering territory that's beyond anything they've done on a narrative level, something very new for interactive media. The Last Hours for Portal 2 was absolutely phenomenal and really gave new insight to the game as a whole, so I'm hoping the same will happen for ME3.

It's all wait and see for me.

As for the multiplayer, yeah! I got up to Level 12 on a Human Vanguard and unlocked a bunch of stuff, and man. I mean, it's not exactly hugely involved, but it's pretty solid. I like the fact that it's strictly cooperative, and feels more like an extension of the game rather than something shoddily tacked on (which is odd, considering how bare it is). There's a lot I enjoy about it, and I like that it doesn't take too long to get decent at it. Get a good group together and it's an absolute blast. Sometimes it can feel a little overbearing, though, especially with the last couple of missions that turn more into strict survival, because goodness knows it can be nearly impossible to survive if you're still rough around the edges.

User Info: Mertato

Mertato
5 years ago#20
Although I did the destroy ending the first time, my war readiness wasn't high enough for the short scene where Shepard wakes up in the rubble so after getting my soldier class to 20 in the multiplayer, I played through to the end again from just before the Cerberus base assault. Just to let you guys know, I love the indoctrination theory more and more as I think about it and not to discount your PTSD idea, Zack, because obviously that plays into Shepard's story too as he's under a great deal of stress and loses some crew members on the way.

I'm surprised at how fun the multiplayer portion is, honestly. It's so simple with 10 waves of objectives or kill, kill, kill but it works so well. Typically I was a standoffish teammate that would do my part with Adrenaline Rush + Carnage for heavy power attack combinations but now that I've unlocked the Krogan, I... I can't stop headbutting everything I see! So fun.
007 373 5963

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived